Career Questions tagged Minority

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. Mar 26, 2018 549 views

How could my salary, as an aspiring physician who is female and part of an under represented minority group, be affected in my future?

I have learned that in 2017 only about 34% of physicians were female. In addition to being female I am also a part of a minority group. I would like to know how these factors may play a role in determining my salary in my future career even though these facts have nothing to do with how I could...

physician healthcare hospital-and-healthcare medicine minority women women-in-stem female

AJ C.’s Avatar
AJ C. Mar 06, 2019 385 views

As a woman of color going into the tech field, how can I flourish?

As a minority, I know that it'll be difficult to work in the tech field. With my different skin and different gender in an industry full of white males, how can I push back a potential toxic work environment, and shine through? tech technology engineering civil-engineering engineer...

selfimprovement poc woman minority toxicworkenvironment self

Tareem M.’s Avatar
Tareem M. Apr 02, 2018 584 views

How do I achieve success in a career in science while being a woman of minority?

I am a high school senior and a Muslim, Indian woman. I want to pave a way for myself to achieve my goals and experience my dreams. How can I take advantage of who I am, a woman of a minority, and still earn a degree in STEM? science minority women-in-stem empowering-women...

career-paths