Career Questions tagged Empowering Women

Tareem M.’s Avatar
Tareem M. Apr 02, 2018 378 views

How do I achieve success in a career in science while being a woman of minority?

I am a high school senior and a Muslim, Indian woman. I want to pave a way for myself to achieve my goals and experience my dreams. How can I take advantage of who I am, a woman of a minority, and still earn a degree in STEM? #science #minority #women-in-stem #empowering-women...

#career-paths

Clarissa B.’s Avatar
Clarissa B. Jan 19, 2018 438 views

How do I apply my passion to my career?

I am a marketing major and I hope to have a career in the advertising or social media field. I am very passionate about human rights, equal opportunities, anti-racism, and women's rights. I would like to know how I can apply these types of themes into my career in a way that I can make a...

#social-activism #marketing-and-advertising #empowering-women #marketing #human-rights #social-media-marketing

Garima J.’s Avatar
Garima J. Oct 14, 2017 631 views

How do you deal with people who tell you that you can't do this job/career?

As a women and a person of color how do you handle oppression, discrimination and comments of people/society tell you that don't do this, you can't handle this because of your gender and culture? #equal-opportunity #cultural-diversity #gender-discrimination #employment-discrimination...

#women-empowerment #empowering-women #female-empowerment #oppression-in-the-workplace

Marie F.’s Avatar
Marie F. Sep 20, 2017 495 views

I would like to work for a non-profit organization. What degree would I need?

I am interested in working with organizations that focus on Rape and Child molestation awareness,out reach, and patient services. I would like to work in the field like going to schools, setting up fund raising events with the public and over all getting the organizations message out there....

#nonprofits #child-welfare #sexual-assault-awareness #women-in-business #nonprofit-organization #nonprofit-management #empowering-women #fundraising #public-safety #community-outreach #cultural-awareness