Career Questions tagged Workplace

Lydia S.’s Avatar
Lydia S. Oct 27, 2020 154 views

What is Something Unexpected in Being a Dental-Hygienist

I've read a lot about being a dental hygienist, and a lot of the same things pop up like cleaning teeth and educating patients how how to avoid oral diseases, but what is something about your job that doesn't get in the spotlight too much. Not necessarily a good or bad thing, just something...

#job #dental-hygiene #workplace

Jordan R.’s Avatar
Jordan R. Sep 06, 2019 120 views

What is your work environment like as an engineer?

I’m a senior student at Brennan HS. I’m looking into engineering careers because I excel at math and science but have a creative streak that needs an outlet. #science #engineering #engineer #math...

#workplace

Maria Victoria A.’s Avatar
Maria Victoria A. Jan 19, 2018 431 views

How can I make others listen?

I feel like I am ignored, even when what I say is beneficial for progress. I'm sometimes passive, in fear of judgement or in an attempt to help others speak their mind so no disagreements arise. I want others to listen to what I have to say with as much respect as I give to them. I feel like...

#workplace #social-skills #listening #productivity #listening-skills

Georgia B.’s Avatar
Georgia B. Feb 01, 2017 1448 views

How is it working as a female in a predominantly male environment?

Studying computer science, 95% of the students are male and it isn't rare to be talked down to by male students on the occasion. I was wondering how it is in the workplace if it is mainly a male environment? #computer-science #career #technology #job #graduate #female...

#workplace