Career Questions tagged Hospital

Madeline K.’s Avatar
Madeline K. May 24, 2016 342 views
Angie T.’s Avatar
Angie T. May 16, 2016 388 views

What is it like to work in a hospital with children who have cancer?

My other career is to be children's cancer hospital because I want to help kids with cancer and make their life better and try to help them with their life's and their dream to be because I always think what happen if one of my family has cancer and I don't want anyone to die from cancer. I...

#cancer #oncology #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #hospital #pediatrics

Garrett A.’s Avatar
Garrett A. Oct 26, 2015 827 views

What college should i go to if I want to be a Nurse?

I like to save people's lives what college would be the best if you want to be a Nurse? #nurse #hospital #college...

#nursing

Elizabeth M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. May 13, 2016 1126 views
Amanda T.’s Avatar
Amanda T. May 25, 2016 952 views

What is the most rewarding part about being a doctor?

I am a freshman college student who is eager to learn more and more about the career I am working toward for my future. Being a doctor is rewarding for obvious reasons--you get to directly impact the lives of human beings--but are there any specific reasons why you felt rewarded by your career?...

#hospital #professional #medical #medical-school #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #medicine #doctor

shaheen S.’s Avatar
shaheen S. May 14, 2016 511 views

Can I become a doctor but not have my own hospital?

I want to become a doctor but i don't want my own hospital, can I do this? #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #medical #business #hospital...

#hospitals

Tia B.’s Avatar
Tia B. May 22, 2016 435 views

How long does it take to begin clinicals if going into the nursing field?

I plan on majoring in Nursing, more specifically maternal and child labor. #nursing #pediatric-nursing #maternal-newborn-care #nurse #hospital...

#hospital-and-health-care

Shoshannah B.’s Avatar
Shoshannah B. May 21, 2016 367 views

What is the best way to study for the MCAT's without spending so much money?

I am nervous for the amount of money that i will already be spending on books for college as well as possible classes taken in order to study for the MCAT's , I'm just curious of the more cost efficient advice that someone can give me in order to study for the MCAT's without spending so much of...

#medical #medicine #studying-tips #college #doctorate-degree #healthcare #hospital #pre-med

Jada G.’s Avatar
Jada G. May 19, 2016 372 views

What are the specific classes that I have to take in college if I want to go in the medical field?

I'm asking this question because I like to be prepared for everything. #doctor #obstetrics #career #hospital-and-health-care #hospital...

#medicine

Chawka A.’s Avatar
Chawka A. May 18, 2016 455 views

How many years in college am i going to take to become a dentist?

I want to be a dentist but need to know what degree I need and how many years. #dentist #medical #medicine #hospital...

#hospital-and-health-care

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. May 18, 2016 314 views

Are there any programs or internships that would increase my chances of getting into Medical School and help get more hands-on experience in the Nashville area?

I am going to study biology on a pre-med track at Vanderbilt next fall, and I want to do whatever I can to become the best doctor possible. I would love to find some sort of program to put me ahead of the game. #medicine #healthcare #pre-med #educators #doctors #medicine #hospital...

#hospital-and-health-care

Celena  K.’s Avatar
Celena K. May 17, 2016 414 views

How can/has nursing benefited one in a positive/negative way?

As I prepare for college, knowing the ups and the downs to the medical field would be a great asset in my decision to pursue the career of my dreams. #nursing #nurse #registered-nurses #nurse-practitioner #nursing-education #icu-nurse #hospital #medicine...

#hospital-and-health-care

leo M.’s Avatar
leo M. May 17, 2016 414 views

How often are doctors reprimanded for covering for uninsured patients?

And what punishments would be given like would I be fired right away? I know money is always an important factor but was wondering if most doctors are punished for breaking rules for patients #doctor #hospital #hospitals #medical #hospital-and-health-care...

#science

Destinie C.’s Avatar
Destinie C. May 17, 2016 448 views

When being in the medical field, what is the most stressful part about it?

Im asking because I'm going to college in the fall, and I want to be in medical field! Im not sure exactly what I wanna do but I have an idea such as being a general surgeon, and physician, or even plastic surgery. #medicine #healthcare #medical #hospital...

#hospital-and-health-care

Kiasia B.’s Avatar
Kiasia B. May 16, 2016 553 views

How long do you have to go to school to become a CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife)?

I really need to know because I think that I will really enjoy this career. Therefore, I wanna get to it as soon as I can! #college #nurse #major #hospital #babies #cnm #science #college-major...

#nursing

Dionne H.’s Avatar
Dionne H. May 16, 2016 481 views

What are the challenges of creating and operating a group home in Georgia?

I have noticed that the orphanage concept is not very common in the US but I have seen several group homes and children shelters. I would like to have a group home or shelter but operate it more like a traditional orphanage if that is possible. #social-work #social #hospital #medical #college...

#hospital-and-health-care

Grace U.’s Avatar
Grace U. May 16, 2016 363 views

What medical schools have good opportunities for graduates wanting to be a OB/GYN?

After a graduate medical school, I want to be informed on where is a good place to start my residency for obstetrics & gynecology #medicine #obstetrics #medical #hospital-and-health-care...

#hospital

Emily D.’s Avatar
Emily D. May 15, 2016 433 views

If I wanted to become a prosthetist, what should I major in for under grad?

I've considered becoming a prosthetist, but that is only offered at the Master's level. What type of undergrad major should I be looking to get to go on for grad school for prosthetics? #health #prosthetics #veterans #orthotics #hospital #medical #college...

#hospital-and-health-care

Christian G.’s Avatar
Christian G. May 13, 2016 436 views

Regarding the future of Physician Assistants, do you believe they will be allowed to do more in their respective areas of work.

I am considering a career as a Physician Assistant and I have always heard that PAs are not allowed to do as much as the Physicians. I am curious about the job and how it will change in the future. #doctor #science #medical #pre-med #physician #careers #hospitals #hospital...

#career #hospital-and-health-care

Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 13, 2016 414 views

What is the most used college class topic for going into a Physical Therapy Career?

Considering a professional career in Physical Therapy but not completely sold on college for 7 yrs. I am starting with Exercise Science as an undergrad degree. #doctor #teaching #teacher #guidance-counselor #career-counselor #hospital...

#hospital-and-health-care

Madison B.’s Avatar
Madison B. May 12, 2016 463 views

What should you expect if you want to become a trauma nurse?

I have always wanted to become a nurse and within the last few months I have been looking into the different kinds of things I can do with a nursing degree and decided trauma nursing sounded interesting and something different from what I would of expected but I'm still not quite sure on what...

#science #hospital-and-health-care #nursing #hospital #trauma-nursing #nurse

Elizabeth M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. May 11, 2016 461 views

Is there a personality difference between PA's and DNP's and if so, should I consider this when making a career choice?

I understand that PA's tend to be task oriented, check it off the list, get it done and move on type of personalities vs nurses who might have a similar job description, but tend to be more compassionate and nurturing. I definitely tend to lean towards the PA type but my college of choice does...

#physician #hospital-and-health-care #medicine #nursing #hospital #college

Vivian L.’s Avatar
Vivian L. May 07, 2016 516 views

Is professionalism or personality more important in a hospital setting?

Which would be more appropriate for a hospital setting? I realize that it is important to be friendly to patients, but just how friendly can you get before it becomes inappropriate? #professional #hospital #patients #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

Briana S.’s Avatar
Briana S. May 06, 2016 421 views

What is the average pay for a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer?

I am beginning my classes in the fall for my Associates Degree in DMS and would like an idea of what I should be considering when pursuing a career after graduation. #hospital #radiology #ultrasound #sonographer #finance #career #career-counseling...

#healthcare

Hailey O.’s Avatar
Hailey O. Sep 01, 2017 418 views

Is it possible to get a degree in exercise science, and not specialize in something yet still get a good paying job?

I know I want an exercise science degree, but i'm not sure what I want to use it for. Since it is so generic and broad, can I get a bachelors degree in it, and get a good job without specializing? #sports-medicine #medicine #college #career #lost #hospital #physicaltherapy #workout...

#technology #job #desire

julio D.’s Avatar
julio D. May 17, 2016 390 views

Do any schools specialize specifically in pediatrics?

Or is it just medical school in general #doctor #medicine #healthcare #pediatrics #hospital...

#hospitals

Deana T.’s Avatar
Deana T. May 25, 2016 308 views

Are hospitals now only taking certified RN's that have a bachelors degree?

After doing a paid internship at Yale New Haven Hospital my junior year of high school, I overheard the nurse manager saying that hospitals are starting to require that nursing school graduates have a bachelors degree to get hired. I am wondering if this is true? #medicine #nursing #professor...

#hospital #nurse #healthcare

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. May 18, 2016 411 views

Do most hospitals only hire nurses with a bachelors, or are associates degrees accepted also?

I have heard that in the contiguous US, it is really hard to get a job as a nurse with only an associates degree in that field. #college #nurse #healthcare #career-counseling #health #hospital #bachelors-degree...

#associates-degree

Braeden D.’s Avatar
Braeden D. May 26, 2016 794 views

What are the benefits of being an anesthesiologist?

What are some career benefits besides pay? Is there lots of business? Is there a ton of stress? And overall is it worth it? #doctor #medicine #healthcare...

#hospital

leo M.’s Avatar
leo M. May 04, 2016 464 views

How many hours a week does a general doctor work?

Also, how long does a standard shift last? #doctor #medicine...

#hospital