Career Questions tagged Nicu

Rosemary G.’s Avatar
Rosemary G. Jul 09, 2021 247 views

What are the steps to becoming a registered NICU nurse and how long does it take?

Im trying to find a good career for me and know that I would love to work with babies such as a NICU nurse and I just want to know what steps are needed to get there. #nursing #registered-nurses #healthcare #nurse #NICU

Kristie M.’s Avatar
Kristie M. Jun 28, 2021 352 views

How to become a NICU Rn

Hello I graduated in 2017 and I am finally at a place to go for a degree. I want to become a NICU RN. However I have no idea how to start, should I go for prerequisites 1st at a community college then apply to a nursing school? Can I go straight for a BSN after I complete my perquisites? Is...

tanyia R.’s Avatar
tanyia R. May 13, 2021 233 views

is college hard and stressful

im a high school student that wants to go to college and get my degree ad begin my NICU journey #high-school #high-school-students #NICU # nurse

Jasmine V.’s Avatar
Jasmine V. Apr 29, 2021 254 views

Is it better to go to a more “prestigious” university for medical school rather for pre-med?

I want to know what I should except going into becoming a neonatologist and be prepared rather than lost and confused. #nicu #degree #career #college #medicine #doctor

Bailey R.’s Avatar
Bailey R. Apr 05, 2021 187 views

I am sort of interested in the NICU area of the medical field is there a high demand for NICU doctors? Is it easy to find a job in this area?

#NICU #Babies

Carlee W.’s Avatar
Carlee W. Oct 19, 2020 263 views

What is the average lifestyle?

#nicu-nurse #NICU #nursing

Carlee W.’s Avatar
Carlee W. Oct 19, 2020 245 views

How busy are you as a NICU nurse?

#nicu #nurse #nursing

Carlee W.’s Avatar
Carlee W. Oct 19, 2020 210 views

How much money do you earn starting out at first?

#NICU #nurse

Hattie A.’s Avatar
Hattie A. Oct 19, 2020 407 views

What’s the best part of being an nicu nurse?

I would like to be an nicu nurse but want to know more details. #nicu #nurse #nursing

Kaitlyn P.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn P. Jun 04, 2020 382 views

Does anyone have a recommended path I should take in college to become a neonatal nurse practitioner? Should I become a CNA before becoming an RN? How many years should I work as an RN before going back to school to become an NP?

I’m a high school sophomore looking to become a NICU nurse practitioner. :) I have researched a little about the requirements, but am a little lost about how I should go about my education and career path #nursing #nurse #registered-nurses #healthcare #NICU #neonatal

jaynie R.’s Avatar
jaynie R. Aug 21, 2018 337 views

What does it require to become a NICU nurse?

schooling? #NICU

Tayler P.’s Avatar
Tayler P. Jul 24, 2018 323 views

Are certain nursing programs better for a career in working in the NICU then others? If so, which ones?

I am currently living in Colorado Springs, Colorado and plan on going to college here as well and work at the Children’s Hospital currently being built. There are many nursing programs offered and I just would like to know if certain ones would be better for a future career working in the NICU...

Rebecca O.’s Avatar
Rebecca O. Apr 09, 2018 427 views

Nurses-what made you choose your specific specialty?

I'm thinking about pursuing nursing, but I am unsure what to specialize in. I am interested in labor and delivery, pediatrics and NICU nursing, but I would be interested in hearing the perspective of nurses of all different specialties. #nursing #pediatric-nursing #maternal-newborn-care #nicu

Sydney D.’s Avatar
Sydney D. Sep 01, 2017 549 views

How often do neonatal nurses see critical care newborns and how do you deal with what's happening in front of you?

I want to be a neonatal nurse and I love babies so much and it hurts me to see them in pain so I want to help them in any way I can. I want to know how often I'll see critical care babies so I can mentally prepare myself for what I will experience in my career. #neonatalnursing #nicu #nurse...

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. Feb 17, 2017 869 views

What is the most important quality to have as a nurse, or someone who works in the medical profession in general?

Hi, everybody! I am hoping to become a nurse, and I was wondering, what do you think is the most important quality to have as a nurse? Or as someone who works in the medical profession in general?
Thank you so much! #medicine #nursing #healthcare #pediatrics #physician #nicu #neonatal-nursing

Jade G.’s Avatar
Jade G. Oct 28, 2016 618 views

What is it like to work in the NICU or in the delivery room?

I am looking at becoming a labor and delivery nurse or being a nurse in the NICU. I really want to work with babies but not sure which one to go with. Any advice would be great! #nursing #obstetrics #nicu

Eryn  G.’s Avatar
Eryn G. May 20, 2016 1066 views

What is the best approach to becoming a neonatal nurse practitioner? Should I take a year or so after I graduate to get more experience in a NICU, or should I go straight into getting certified to become a nurse practitioner?

I would like to know the best way to become a neonatal nurse practitioner. #nursing #nurse #nurse-practitioner #neonatal #nicu

Alicia M.’s Avatar
Alicia M. May 18, 2016 816 views

What type of volunteer work would best help when trying to become a neonatal nurse?

I want to do some volunteer work for the summer but I am unsure on where to look. #nurse #neonatal #nicu

Alicia M.’s Avatar
Alicia M. May 18, 2016 641 views

How does neonatal nursing mentally effect you?

I know that when you are a neonatal nurse you are dealing with very fragile and sick newborns, a lot of times things don't go right, how does that effect a person long term? #neonatal #nicu