Career Questions tagged Nicu

jaynie R.’s Avatar
jaynie R. Aug 21, 2018

What does it require to become a NICU nurse?

schooling?...

#nicu

Tayler P.’s Avatar
Tayler P. Jul 24, 2018

Are certain nursing programs better for a career in working in the NICU then others? If so, which ones?

I am currently living in Colorado Springs, Colorado and plan on going to college here as well and work at the Children’s Hospital currently being built. There are many nursing programs offered and I just would like to know if certain ones would be better for a future career working in the NICU...

#career #nursingprograms #nicu

Rebecca O.’s Avatar
Rebecca O. Apr 09, 2018

Nurses-what made you choose your specific specialty?

I'm thinking about pursuing nursing, but I am unsure what to specialize in. I am interested in labor and delivery, pediatrics and NICU nursing, but I would be interested in hearing the perspective of nurses of all different specialties. #nursing #pediatric-nursing #maternal-newborn-care...

#nicu

Sydney D.’s Avatar
Sydney D. Sep 01, 2017

How often do neonatal nurses see critical care newborns and how do you deal with what's happening in front of you?

I want to be a neonatal nurse and I love babies so much and it hurts me to see them in pain so I want to help them in any way I can. I want to know how often I'll see critical care babies so I can mentally prepare myself for what I will experience in my career. #neonatalnursing #nicu #nurse...

#nursing

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. Feb 17, 2017

What is the most important quality to have as a nurse, or someone who works in the medical profession in general?

Hi, everybody! I am hoping to become a nurse, and I was wondering, what do you think is the most important quality to have as a nurse? Or as someone who works in the medical profession in general? Thank you so much! #medicine #nursing #healthcare #pediatrics #physician #nicu...

#neonatal-nursing

Jade G.’s Avatar
Jade G. Oct 28, 2016

What is it like to work in the NICU or in the delivery room?

I am looking at becoming a labor and delivery nurse or being a nurse in the NICU. I really want to work with babies but not sure which one to go with. Any advice would be great! #nursing #obstetrics...

#nicu

Alicia M.’s Avatar
Alicia M. May 18, 2016

What type of volunteer work would best help when trying to become a neonatal nurse?

I want to do some volunteer work for the summer but I am unsure on where to look. #nurse #neonatal...

#nicu

Alicia M.’s Avatar
Alicia M. May 18, 2016

How does neonatal nursing mentally effect you?

I know that when you are a neonatal nurse you are dealing with very fragile and sick newborns, a lot of times things don't go right, how does that effect a person long term? #neonatal...

#nicu