6

Do you stay in touch with the NICU babies you have helped with?

Thank you comment icon Such an interesting question, Carli! Love this 😄 Alexandra Carpenter, Admin

6

0

Anthony’s Answer

Mostly not. .would be nice but not usual. Unless the hospital has a nicu reunion...
0
0

Good morning
No.
My contact with infants is very brief as a consultant in infectious disease but I stayed in touch with many of my adult patients and families throughout the years.
Having a person or family member walk up to me years after I took care of them and say thanks is very satisfying.
0
0

Alicia’s Answer

In most cases, it depends upon parents preference. Let’s keep in mind that HIPPA is a big thing and you may not want to cross that boundary. However, from personal experience I can say that some families spend weeks/months in the NICU which in returns builds a bond with the nurses and doctors. For that same reason in some cases we do have kiddos that we have known from 27 weeks gestation and up to these days.
0