Career Questions tagged Icu

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 111 views

How long does it usually take upon recieveing proper education for a job as a surgeon does it generally take for one to actually begin working in that position?

At school, I am most interested in gross anatomy, microbiology, and biology, while my hobbies include athletics. A topic that I am passionate about is leadership and "organized chaos". #medicine #doctor #biology #surgeon #trauma #icu #chaos #busy #medical #premed...

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 104 views

Is it still more or less challenging for a woman to hold a position so high up as a surgeon or chief of surgery within a hospital?

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 91 views

What are the social lives of surgeons throughout the hospital? Do many surgeons not have time to have a very large social life? Do they have time for children / starting a family?

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 94 views

Is 12 years of in-depth education really worth it to become a trauma surgeon? It seems like a huge amount of time for one to be in school for a specific job.

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 96 views

Is there any way to begin your PhD while wrapping up your Med degree? (just to cut down on some of the time spent in getting a secondary education)

#med

Viola S.’s Avatar
Viola S. Sep 01, 2017 426 views

Is psychology useful?

Since I hope to become a pediatric intensivist after graduating from med school, I already know that However, I am very interested in psychology and was wondering if it would help me in my field? In addition, if it is indeed useful, then should I get a major or minor in it because my GPA must...

#psychology #minor #medical-school #doctor #er-doctor #science #picu #college-major #college-minor #medicine #icu #college #majors-and-minors #intensive-care-nursing #intensive-care-unit #medical-education #pediatrics #double-major