Career Questions tagged Med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 137 views

How long does it usually take upon recieveing proper education for a job as a surgeon does it generally take for one to actually begin working in that position?

At school, I am most interested in gross anatomy, microbiology, and biology, while my hobbies include athletics. A topic that I am passionate about is leadership and "organized chaos". #medicine #doctor #biology #surgeon #trauma #icu #chaos #busy #medical #premed...

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 153 views

Is it still more or less challenging for a woman to hold a position so high up as a surgeon or chief of surgery within a hospital?

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 132 views

What are the social lives of surgeons throughout the hospital? Do many surgeons not have time to have a very large social life? Do they have time for children / starting a family?

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 133 views

Is 12 years of in-depth education really worth it to become a trauma surgeon? It seems like a huge amount of time for one to be in school for a specific job.

#med

Isabelle F.’s Avatar
Isabelle F. Mar 19 116 views

Is there any way to begin your PhD while wrapping up your Med degree? (just to cut down on some of the time spent in getting a secondary education)

#med

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 252 views

What is something you wish you knew before you entered the medical field?

I am planning to be premed in college next year, and I don't know any medical professionals closely. I would appreciate any input on what surprised you about medicine, and what one should be prepared for. Thank you! #stem #women-in-stem #medicine #med #doctor #surgeon #premed #nurse #pa #ot #pt...

#lpn #do #aprn #emt #healthcare #rn

Alejandra C.’s Avatar
Alejandra C. May 03, 2019 151 views
Charisa E.’s Avatar
Charisa E. May 31, 2018 284 views

Medical Science - Neuroscience, Orthopedics, Hematology and Ophthamology. What should I go for?

I'm personally interested in Medical Science particularly; hematology, opthamology, orthopedics and neuroscience. I've not yet made up my mind on a particular one to go for. How do I know the one to specialise on? #medicine #medical-field #med #neuroscience...

#orthopedics

Ethan I.’s Avatar
Ethan I. Mar 15, 2018 314 views

NP or CRNA?

If one wants to further their education in the field of nursing, which specialty is best? As a nurse practitioner (NP), you’re able to diagnose and treat patients like a doctor but at a lower salary. As certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA), you are able to administer anesthesia like an...

#med #nurse #undecided #medicine

alyssa I.’s Avatar
alyssa I. Feb 23, 2017 418 views

medical school

what are some good schools to attend to work with kids with cancer....

#med

Sheehan B.’s Avatar
Sheehan B. Nov 02, 2016 3113 views

Nursing as Pre-med?

Taking any course can be your "pre-med" as long as you complete the pre-requisites of the med school you want to go to BUT is nursing a good "pre-med" thinking that it will show you the "feels" of becoming a doctor? #doctor #medicine #nursing #school #student #physicians...

#med

Laura S.’s Avatar
Laura S. Oct 30, 2016 372 views

Which school is the best for an undergraduate Psychology degree?

I am planning on going to med school so as long as I fulfill all my science requirements my major doesn't matter so I was considering Psych because literally everyone dose it. #college #psychology #college-major #doctorate-degree #med #medicine...

#medicinelschool