Career Questions tagged Pa

Grace C.’s Avatar
Grace C. Dec 08, 2020 86 views

OB/GYN, certified nurse midwife, or PA

I want to work with labor and delivery. I want to be there for my patients, championing them, while also helping them. I like the idea of being an ob-gyn because I'd love to perform surgical procedures, be part of high risk pregnancies, help women from conception through postpartum, and so...

#pa #certifiednursemidwife #nurse #medicine #career #obgyn #nursemidwife #laboranddelivery #doctor

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Nov 21, 2020 94 views

How difficult will it be to accumulate hours, without a gap year for PA school?

I am a high school senior planning to be a physician assistant. I have been reading that the majority of PAs take a gap year or two to work enough hours for a competitive to PA school. I have also read that some worked their hours in their four years of undergrad. Initially, I was planning to...

#pa #medicine #gap-year #balance #worklifebalance #medical #schooling #workingstudy #timemanagement #physicianassistant

Ellie W.’s Avatar
Ellie W. Sep 27, 2020 100 views

Should I apply to PA school or medical school?

I'm a senior in college now, and I'm just finishing up my pre-med courses. After I graduate, I am planning on taking a gap year. If I want to go to medical school after the gap year, I should plan on taking the MCAT in the coming months and apply in May. I don't know why, but I'm having such a...

#physician-assistant #pa #medicine #medical-school #doctor

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Jul 17, 2020 181 views

What are the major differences between a PA and a doctor?

I am curious about the differences between a physician’s assistant and a typical doctor. What are the differences in training? What are the differences in day-to-day life? What traits are best to have for each job? For those who chose between the two, what helped you to make up your mind? I...

#july20 #doctor #pa #medicine #career #career-counseling

Arisa Y.’s Avatar
Arisa Y. May 29, 2020 162 views

What is it like going to a BS/MS PA program like? Should I chose this route instead of taking a more traditional entry into the PA profession?

I'm thinking about being a PA (physician assistant/associate) which is why I thought about taking a more advanced program straight out of high school. It allows me to enter the work field sooner as well as cut down some costs. The one thing that concerns me is the amount of vigor/what it...

#medical #pa #college #healthcare #medicine #doctor

Max F.’s Avatar
Max F. Dec 06, 2019 183 views

Medical Field with a business degree?

I am expected to graduate in May of 2020 with a bachelor's in Integrated Business. I am at a loss for the business world and don't feel challenged at all. I was considering maybe switching up to a career in the medical field. I was looking into Pharmacy or maybe becoming a PA? I know this all...

#business #medical #pa #healthcare #pharmacy #doctor

Hailey N.’s Avatar
Hailey N. Sep 27, 2019 80 views

What kind of patients do you see?

Patients with mild injuries not to bad. Probably patients with streph, or sprained ankles. #pa...

#helpingpeople

Hailey N.’s Avatar
Hailey N. Sep 27, 2019 100 views

Is it ideal to make your own practice?

Making my own business is something i definelty want to do when I become a PA. #pa...

#helpingothers

Hailey N.’s Avatar
Hailey N. Sep 27, 2019 116 views

What is the environment like?

The environment is a mix of all different people it just depends on where you work. #pa...

#helpingpeople

Hailey N.’s Avatar
Hailey N. Sep 27, 2019 135 views

What are the classes I should take if I want to become a PA?

There are different classes you can take to meet the requirements so whatever classes you think you will succeed in. #pa...

#getitdone

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 271 views

What is something you wish you knew before you entered the medical field?

I am planning to be premed in college next year, and I don't know any medical professionals closely. I would appreciate any input on what surprised you about medicine, and what one should be prepared for. Thank you! #stem #women-in-stem #medicine #med #doctor #surgeon #premed #nurse #pa #ot #pt...

#emt #do #aprn #healthcare #rn #lpn

John D.’s Avatar
John D. Jan 21, 2018 287 views

How rewarding is being a PA vs a medical doctor?

Under what circumstances or lifestyle preferences would you make a recommendation for one of those tracks over the other? I've been considering both and I want as much information for consideration as possible to aid in my decision-making. #healthcare #medicine #doctor...

#pa

Sarah A.’s Avatar
Sarah A. Sep 01, 2017 589 views

Is becoming a Physician Assistant a wise career choice?

I would like to know this because I am very interested in become a PA but want a little more information about how to become a PA from current Physicians Assistants. I job shadowed a PA this past summer and enjoy what the job entails, but still want more information. #medicine #pa...

#healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #physicianassistant

Uriah G.’s Avatar
Uriah G. Sep 01, 2017 489 views

Can I Get Some Info About Education Beyond A Bachelor's?

I really want to be a nurse or PA in a specialized field (Hematology), but I can't find a lot of helpful information from Google when I'm looking at education that goes beyond a Bahelor's degree. I need more information, preferably from a Hematologist or Hematology nurse, caseworker, etc....

#physicians-assistant #hematology #pa #nurse #college-prep #advice #nursing #physician-assistant #hematologist #college-advice #healthcare #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #physicianassistant