Career Questions tagged Physician Assistant

Selvapriya A.’s Avatar
Selvapriya A. Jul 04, 2021 110 views

Can I study Physician Assistant after I have graduated in biochemistry (B.Sc)? istry

I am studying undergraduate degree in biochemistry ,currently in third year. I want to become a physician assistant. I wish to study physician assistant program after I've completed my B.SC degree. What are the steps to become a physician-assistant...

Ellie W.’s Avatar
Ellie W. Sep 27, 2020 242 views

Should I apply to PA school or medical school?

I'm a senior in college now, and I'm just finishing up my pre-med courses. After I graduate, I am planning on taking a gap year. If I want to go to medical school after the gap year, I should plan on taking the MCAT in the coming months and apply in May. I don't know why, but I'm having such a...

medicine medical-school pa doctor physician-assistant

Rashin S.’s Avatar
Rashin S. Jul 14, 2020 203 views

How can a college student gain experience in the medical field?

I'm a rising junior at Saint Mary's College and my major is Allied Health Science. Hopefully after receiving my degree, I'd like to become a physician assistant one day, but to do that, I really need experience in the active medical field so currently I have no clue how to get started....

premed medicine physician-assistant

Jossie D.’s Avatar
Jossie D. Nov 16, 2018 413 views

What criteria did you need to become a physician's assistant?

I am trying to plan my career as a physician's assistant and need guidance on now and where to start. physician medicine...

physician-assistant

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018 544 views

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! doctor nurse...

doctorate-degree nurse-practitioner pre-med medical-school physician-assistant

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018 437 views

What is the best way to break the news of the death of a family member to their family?

I am intending on becoming a physicians assistant and I recognize that I may be put in this situation at some point. I would like some tips for this hard topic. medicine working-with-children death physician-assistant students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants medical-practice...

grief-counseling coping family-medicine

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018 727 views

What is the best way to cope with potential deaths of medical patients?

I am going to be a physician's assistant and I plan to work in pediatrics. I want to know coping methods people in the medical profession have to cope with deaths of patients. medicine physician-assistant students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants death copingmethods patients...

working-with-children pediatrics

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 25, 2018 511 views

What colleges have good PA programs?

I'm interested in becoming one and am hoping to become one. I don't know where I'd like to go to college so i'm hoping this will help. physician-assistant students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants healthcare...

hospital-and-health-care

Jodi H.’s Avatar
Jodi H. Sep 01, 2017 844 views

Why did you choose MD over PA or PA over MD?

I want to work in the medical field but I am stuck between PA and MD. Both PA and MD had benefits and I just want to know how you were able to choose between the two. medicine healthcare doctor physician-assistant...

hospital-and-health-care

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 04, 2018 636 views
Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 04, 2018 347 views

How do I choose my future career?

I have four possible career interests and I don't know how to decide. I would love to be a Physician Assistant, Early Childhood Teacher, Pediatric Nurse, or Special Education Teacher. I can't decide because they all seem great. pediatric-nursing physician-assistant early-childhood-education...

special-education

Jasminne V.’s Avatar
Jasminne V. Mar 19, 2018 1157 views
Thi D.’s Avatar
Thi D. Jan 21, 2018 484 views

What does a physician assistant do?

I recently spoke to a physician assistant student and she told me physician assistants are essentially doctors without the title, the salary, and surgery. I want to know more about physician assistants and what they actually do in the workforce. Medicine...

physician-assistant

Angela L.’s Avatar
Angela L. Jan 12, 2018 324 views

Is it difficult to "make-it" in rural medicine as a PA-C?

I am interested in becoming a women's health or family practice PA-C in a rural clinic. Was is difficult to find a job and was the community welcoming? medicine physician-assistant ruralmedicine womens-health...

family-medicine

Angela L.’s Avatar
Angela L. Jan 12, 2018 457 views

Do you experience bias in patient perception of MD vs PA-C?

I am currently in school completing my pre-reqs in order to apply to physician assistant school. Over the last few years, I have heard a number of people say they would rather see a MD than a PA-C as they feel an MD has more experience, expertise and knowledge in the field of medicine. Do you...

medicine physician-assistant

Deandra L.’s Avatar
Deandra L. Oct 30, 2017 582 views

Physician assistant specializing in OB or Nursing-midwife ?

I am having trouble choosing between becoming a PA in OB or a midwife. I originally wanted to go to medical school but decided that i didn't want to go to school for long after undergrad. So my dream is to be able to deliver babies or at least assist in the deliver. so i just want some more...

medicine medical-practice physician-assistant hospital-and-health-care healthcare

Cecelia J.’s Avatar
Cecelia J. May 19, 2016 592 views

What are some of the best schools with Physician Assistant programs?

I already have a school in mind for my first four years, but what school is best for the remaining schooling needed? physician-assistant physician healthcare...

hospital-and-health-care

Bre'Shana A.’s Avatar
Bre'Shana A. Aug 31, 2017 463 views

What's the most complicated part of being a physician's assistant?

I am interested in pursuing a career as a physician's assistant and want to know more information, in order to decide if it's the right career for me physician-assistant medicine health hospital-and-health-care...

healthcare

Coreyneisha  B.’s Avatar
Coreyneisha B. Aug 31, 2017 447 views

What are some college courses would I have to take to become a physical therapist?

I am a senior at KIPP Renaissance High School who's looking for more information on how to become a Physical Therapist. physical-therapy medicine...

physician-assistant

joceyn G.’s Avatar
joceyn G. Sep 29, 2017 449 views

If my goal is to be a physician assistant what major should i take?

i need a guide to my future path and am confused on what to do. help! physician-assistant college-major...

career-path