Career Questions tagged Physician Assistant

Jossie D.’s Avatar
Jossie D. Nov 16, 2018

What criteria did you need to become a physician's assistant?

I am trying to plan my career as a physician's assistant and need guidance on now and where to start. #physician #medicine #medical...

#physician-assistant

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! #doctor #nurse...

#physician-assistant #pre-med #medical-school #nurse-practitioner #doctorate-degree

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018

What is the best way to break the news of the death of a family member to their family?

I am intending on becoming a physicians assistant and I recognize that I may be put in this situation at some point. I would like some tips for this hard topic. #medicine #working-with-children #death #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #medical-practice...

#coping #family-medicine #grief-counseling

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018

What is the best way to cope with potential deaths of medical patients?

I am going to be a physician's assistant and I plan to work in pediatrics. I want to know coping methods people in the medical profession have to cope with deaths of patients. #medicine #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #death #copingmethods #patients...

#working-with-children #pediatrics

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 25, 2018

What colleges have good PA programs?

I'm interested in becoming one and am hoping to become one. I don't know where I'd like to go to college so i'm hoping this will help. #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. Jan 16, 2018
Jodi H.’s Avatar
Jodi H. Sep 01, 2017

Why did you choose MD over PA or PA over MD?

I want to work in the medical field but I am stuck between PA and MD. Both PA and MD had benefits and I just want to know how you were able to choose between the two. #medical #medicine #healthcare #doctor #physician-assistant...

#hospital-and-health-care

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 04, 2018

What are requirements I need to meet in order to become a Physician Assistant?

In school a P.A. came in and discussed his job. It really interested me and I want to know more about the job. #physician-assistant...

#students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 04, 2018

How do I choose my future career?

I have four possible career interests and I don't know how to decide. I would love to be a Physician Assistant, Early Childhood Teacher, Pediatric Nurse, or Special Education Teacher. I can't decide because they all seem great. #pediatric-nursing #physician-assistant #early-childhood-education...

#special-education

Jasminne V.’s Avatar
Jasminne V. Mar 19, 2018

If I want to become a physician assistant, should I major in biochemistry or biology?

I would like to attend a graduate school with enough experience so that i can become a PA. #medicine #physician-assistant...

#hospital-and-health-care

Thi D.’s Avatar
Thi D. Jan 21, 2018

What does a physician assistant do?

I recently spoke to a physician assistant student and she told me physician assistants are essentially doctors without the title, the salary, and surgery. I want to know more about physician assistants and what they actually do in the workforce. #medicine...

#physician-assistant

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. Jan 16, 2018
Angela L.’s Avatar
Angela L. Jan 12, 2018

Is it difficult to "make-it" in rural medicine as a PA-C?

I am interested in becoming a women's health or family practice PA-C in a rural clinic. Was is difficult to find a job and was the community welcoming? #medicine #physician-assistant #ruralmedicine #womens-health...

#family-medicine

Angela L.’s Avatar
Angela L. Jan 12, 2018

Do you experience bias in patient perception of MD vs PA-C?

I am currently in school completing my pre-reqs in order to apply to physician assistant school. Over the last few years, I have heard a number of people say they would rather see a MD than a PA-C as they feel an MD has more experience, expertise and knowledge in the field of medicine. Do you...

#physician-assistant #medicine

Deandra L.’s Avatar
Deandra L. Oct 30, 2017

Physician assistant specializing in OB or Nursing-midwife ?

I am having trouble choosing between becoming a PA in OB or a midwife. I originally wanted to go to medical school but decided that i didn't want to go to school for long after undergrad. So my dream is to be able to deliver babies or at least assist in the deliver. so i just want some more...

#physician-assistant #hospital-and-health-care #medicine #medical-practice #healthcare

Cecelia J.’s Avatar
Cecelia J. May 19, 2016

What are some of the best schools with Physician Assistant programs?

I already have a school in mind for my first four years, but what school is best for the remaining schooling needed? #physician-assistant #physician #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

Bre'Shana A.’s Avatar
Bre'Shana A. Aug 31, 2017

What's the most complicated part of being a physician's assistant?

I am interested in pursuing a career as a physician's assistant and want to know more information, in order to decide if it's the right career for me #physician-assistant #medicine #health #hospital-and-health-care...

#healthcare

Coreyneisha  B.’s Avatar
Coreyneisha B. Aug 31, 2017

What are some college courses would I have to take to become a physical therapist?

I am a senior at KIPP Renaissance High School who's looking for more information on how to become a Physical Therapist. #physical-therapy #medicine...

#physician-assistant

allima S.’s Avatar
allima S. Apr 30, 2016

My goal is to be a physician, what's your advice?

i am from govenment high school J B Nagar Bengaluru #professional #physician-assistant #physician-training #physical-therapist #physician...

joceyn G.’s Avatar
joceyn G. Sep 29, 2017

If my goal is to be a physician assistant what major should i take?

i need a guide to my future path and am confused on what to do. #help! #physician-assistant #college-major...

#career-path

Uriah G.’s Avatar
Uriah G. Sep 01, 2017

Can I Get Some Info About Education Beyond A Bachelor's?

I really want to be a nurse or PA in a specialized field (Hematology), but I can't find a lot of helpful information from Google when I'm looking at education that goes beyond a Bahelor's degree. I need more information, preferably from a Hematologist or Hematology nurse, caseworker, etc....

#physician-assistant #nurse #college-advice #college-prep #hematologist #pa #hematology #nursing #physicians-assistant #advice #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #physicianassistant #healthcare

Ginamarie C.’s Avatar
Ginamarie C. Sep 01, 2017

Where can i start on becoming a Physician Assistant?

My career goal is to become a Physician Assistant but im not sure on where or how to start! #physician-assistant...

#healthcare

Bre'Shana A.’s Avatar
Bre'Shana A. Aug 31, 2017

Do you regret becoming a physician's assistant?

I am interested in becoming a physician's assistant. I want to know more information on it to decide if it's the right career for me...

#physician-assistant

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. May 12, 2017

What are the main differences between a Nurse Practitioner and a Physician Assistant?

Hi! I am planning on going to college and becoming a Neonatal nurse, but I am also thinking of furthering my education and becoming either a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant. What is the difference between the two? Do they both have the same amount of schooling? Do they both do the...

#physician-assistant #career-details #nurse-practitioner #medicine #nursing #healthcare #social-media #financial-planning #health