Career Questions tagged Physician Assistant

Ashley D.’s Avatar
Ashley D. Mar 15 95 views
Katie C.’s Avatar
Katie C. Mar 13 83 views
Jossie D.’s Avatar
Jossie D. Nov 16, 2018 178 views

What criteria did you need to become a physician's assistant?

I am trying to plan my career as a physician's assistant and need guidance on now and where to start. #physician #medicine...

#physician-assistant

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018 277 views

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! #doctor #nurse...

#physician-assistant #doctorate-degree #nurse-practitioner #medical-school #pre-med

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018 227 views

What is the best way to break the news of the death of a family member to their family?

I am intending on becoming a physicians assistant and I recognize that I may be put in this situation at some point. I would like some tips for this hard topic. #medicine #working-with-children #death #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #medical-practice...

#family-medicine #grief-counseling #coping

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018 395 views

What is the best way to cope with potential deaths of medical patients?

I am going to be a physician's assistant and I plan to work in pediatrics. I want to know coping methods people in the medical profession have to cope with deaths of patients. #medicine #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #death #copingmethods #patients...

#pediatrics #working-with-children

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 25, 2018 270 views

What colleges have good PA programs?

I'm interested in becoming one and am hoping to become one. I don't know where I'd like to go to college so i'm hoping this will help. #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. Jan 16, 2018 272 views
Jodi H.’s Avatar
Jodi H. Sep 01, 2017 335 views

Why did you choose MD over PA or PA over MD?

I want to work in the medical field but I am stuck between PA and MD. Both PA and MD had benefits and I just want to know how you were able to choose between the two. #medicine #healthcare #doctor #physician-assistant...

#hospital-and-health-care

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 04, 2018 283 views

What are requirements I need to meet in order to become a Physician Assistant?

In school a P.A. came in and discussed his job. It really interested me and I want to know more about the job. #physician-assistant...

#students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 04, 2018 175 views

How do I choose my future career?

I have four possible career interests and I don't know how to decide. I would love to be a Physician Assistant, Early Childhood Teacher, Pediatric Nurse, or Special Education Teacher. I can't decide because they all seem great. #pediatric-nursing #physician-assistant #early-childhood-education...

#special-education

Jasminne V.’s Avatar
Jasminne V. Mar 19, 2018 214 views

If I want to become a physician assistant, should I major in biochemistry or biology?

I would like to attend a graduate school with enough experience so that i can become a PA. #medicine #physician-assistant...

#hospital-and-health-care

Thi D.’s Avatar
Thi D. Jan 21, 2018 228 views

What does a physician assistant do?

I recently spoke to a physician assistant student and she told me physician assistants are essentially doctors without the title, the salary, and surgery. I want to know more about physician assistants and what they actually do in the workforce. #medicine...

#physician-assistant

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. Jan 16, 2018 262 views
Angela L.’s Avatar
Angela L. Jan 12, 2018 186 views

Is it difficult to "make-it" in rural medicine as a PA-C?

I am interested in becoming a women's health or family practice PA-C in a rural clinic. Was is difficult to find a job and was the community welcoming? #medicine #physician-assistant #ruralmedicine #womens-health...

#family-medicine

Angela L.’s Avatar
Angela L. Jan 12, 2018 218 views

Do you experience bias in patient perception of MD vs PA-C?

I am currently in school completing my pre-reqs in order to apply to physician assistant school. Over the last few years, I have heard a number of people say they would rather see a MD than a PA-C as they feel an MD has more experience, expertise and knowledge in the field of medicine. Do you...

#medicine #physician-assistant

Deandra L.’s Avatar
Deandra L. Oct 30, 2017 369 views

Physician assistant specializing in OB or Nursing-midwife ?

I am having trouble choosing between becoming a PA in OB or a midwife. I originally wanted to go to medical school but decided that i didn't want to go to school for long after undergrad. So my dream is to be able to deliver babies or at least assist in the deliver. so i just want some more...

#medicine #hospital-and-health-care #physician-assistant #healthcare #medical-practice

Cecelia J.’s Avatar
Cecelia J. May 19, 2016 431 views

What are some of the best schools with Physician Assistant programs?

I already have a school in mind for my first four years, but what school is best for the remaining schooling needed? #physician-assistant #physician #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

Bre'Shana A.’s Avatar
Bre'Shana A. Aug 31, 2017 257 views

What's the most complicated part of being a physician's assistant?

I am interested in pursuing a career as a physician's assistant and want to know more information, in order to decide if it's the right career for me #physician-assistant #medicine #health #hospital-and-health-care...

#healthcare

Coreyneisha  B.’s Avatar
Coreyneisha B. Aug 31, 2017 318 views

What are some college courses would I have to take to become a physical therapist?

I am a senior at KIPP Renaissance High School who's looking for more information on how to become a Physical Therapist. #physical-therapy #medicine...

#physician-assistant

allima S.’s Avatar
allima S. Apr 30, 2016 501 views

My goal is to be a physician, what's your advice?

i am from govenment high school J B Nagar Bengaluru #professional #physician-assistant #physician-training #physical-therapist #physician...

joceyn G.’s Avatar
joceyn G. Sep 29, 2017 304 views

If my goal is to be a physician assistant what major should i take?

i need a guide to my future path and am confused on what to do. #help! #physician-assistant #college-major...

#career-path

Uriah G.’s Avatar
Uriah G. Sep 01, 2017 376 views

Can I Get Some Info About Education Beyond A Bachelor's?

I really want to be a nurse or PA in a specialized field (Hematology), but I can't find a lot of helpful information from Google when I'm looking at education that goes beyond a Bahelor's degree. I need more information, preferably from a Hematologist or Hematology nurse, caseworker, etc....

#nursing #physicianassistant #college-prep #physician-assistant #physicians-assistant #pa #nurse #hematology #hematologist #advice #college-advice #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #healthcare

Ginamarie C.’s Avatar
Ginamarie C. Sep 01, 2017 286 views

Where can i start on becoming a Physician Assistant?

My career goal is to become a Physician Assistant but im not sure on where or how to start! #physician-assistant...

#healthcare

Bre'Shana A.’s Avatar
Bre'Shana A. Aug 31, 2017 939 views

Do you regret becoming a physician's assistant?

I am interested in becoming a physician's assistant. I want to know more information on it to decide if it's the right career for me...

#physician-assistant

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. May 12, 2017 475 views

What are the main differences between a Nurse Practitioner and a Physician Assistant?

Hi! I am planning on going to college and becoming a Neonatal nurse, but I am also thinking of furthering my education and becoming either a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant. What is the difference between the two? Do they both have the same amount of schooling? Do they both do the...

#medicine #nursing #health #career-details #physician-assistant #nurse-practitioner #financial-planning #healthcare #social-media