Career Questions tagged Physician Assistant

Ellie W.’s Avatar
Ellie W. Sep 27 66 views

Should I apply to PA school or medical school?

I'm a senior in college now, and I'm just finishing up my pre-med courses. After I graduate, I am planning on taking a gap year. If I want to go to medical school after the gap year, I should plan on taking the MCAT in the coming months and apply in May. I don't know why, but I'm having such a...

#doctor #medical-school #physician-assistant #medicine #pa

Rashin S.’s Avatar
Rashin S. Jul 14 59 views

How can a college student gain experience in the medical field?

I'm a rising junior at Saint Mary's College and my major is Allied Health Science. Hopefully after receiving my degree, I'd like to become a physician assistant one day, but to do that, I really need experience in the active medical field so currently I have no clue how to get started....

#premed #physician-assistant #medicine

Ashley D.’s Avatar
Ashley D. Mar 15, 2019 138 views
Ashley D.’s Avatar
Ashley D. Mar 15, 2019 160 views
Katie C.’s Avatar
Katie C. Mar 13, 2019 176 views
Jossie D.’s Avatar
Jossie D. Nov 16, 2018 270 views

What criteria did you need to become a physician's assistant?

I am trying to plan my career as a physician's assistant and need guidance on now and where to start. #physician #medicine...

#physician-assistant

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018 368 views

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! #doctor #nurse...

#nurse-practitioner #pre-med #doctorate-degree #medical-school #physician-assistant

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018 301 views

What is the best way to break the news of the death of a family member to their family?

I am intending on becoming a physicians assistant and I recognize that I may be put in this situation at some point. I would like some tips for this hard topic. #medicine #working-with-children #death #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #medical-practice...

#coping #grief-counseling #family-medicine

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018 529 views

What is the best way to cope with potential deaths of medical patients?

I am going to be a physician's assistant and I plan to work in pediatrics. I want to know coping methods people in the medical profession have to cope with deaths of patients. #medicine #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #death #copingmethods #patients...

#pediatrics #working-with-children

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 25, 2018 367 views

What colleges have good PA programs?

I'm interested in becoming one and am hoping to become one. I don't know where I'd like to go to college so i'm hoping this will help. #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. Jan 16, 2018 483 views
Jodi H.’s Avatar
Jodi H. Sep 01, 2017 495 views

Why did you choose MD over PA or PA over MD?

I want to work in the medical field but I am stuck between PA and MD. Both PA and MD had benefits and I just want to know how you were able to choose between the two. #medicine #healthcare #doctor #physician-assistant...

#hospital-and-health-care

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 04, 2018 486 views

What are requirements I need to meet in order to become a Physician Assistant?

In school a P.A. came in and discussed his job. It really interested me and I want to know more about the job. #physician-assistant...

#students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Apr 04, 2018 242 views

How do I choose my future career?

I have four possible career interests and I don't know how to decide. I would love to be a Physician Assistant, Early Childhood Teacher, Pediatric Nurse, or Special Education Teacher. I can't decide because they all seem great. #pediatric-nursing #physician-assistant #early-childhood-education...

#special-education

Jasminne V.’s Avatar
Jasminne V. Mar 19, 2018 419 views

If I want to become a physician assistant, should I major in biochemistry or biology?

I would like to attend a graduate school with enough experience so that i can become a PA. #medicine #physician-assistant...

#hospital-and-health-care

Thi D.’s Avatar
Thi D. Jan 21, 2018 355 views

What does a physician assistant do?

I recently spoke to a physician assistant student and she told me physician assistants are essentially doctors without the title, the salary, and surgery. I want to know more about physician assistants and what they actually do in the workforce. #medicine...

#physician-assistant

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. Jan 16, 2018 334 views
Angela L.’s Avatar
Angela L. Jan 12, 2018 233 views

Is it difficult to "make-it" in rural medicine as a PA-C?

I am interested in becoming a women's health or family practice PA-C in a rural clinic. Was is difficult to find a job and was the community welcoming? #medicine #physician-assistant #ruralmedicine #womens-health...

#family-medicine

Angela L.’s Avatar
Angela L. Jan 12, 2018 304 views

Do you experience bias in patient perception of MD vs PA-C?

I am currently in school completing my pre-reqs in order to apply to physician assistant school. Over the last few years, I have heard a number of people say they would rather see a MD than a PA-C as they feel an MD has more experience, expertise and knowledge in the field of medicine. Do you...

#physician-assistant #medicine

Deandra L.’s Avatar
Deandra L. Oct 30, 2017 437 views

Physician assistant specializing in OB or Nursing-midwife ?

I am having trouble choosing between becoming a PA in OB or a midwife. I originally wanted to go to medical school but decided that i didn't want to go to school for long after undergrad. So my dream is to be able to deliver babies or at least assist in the deliver. so i just want some more...

#healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #physician-assistant #medical-practice #medicine

Cecelia J.’s Avatar
Cecelia J. May 19, 2016 480 views

What are some of the best schools with Physician Assistant programs?

I already have a school in mind for my first four years, but what school is best for the remaining schooling needed? #physician-assistant #physician #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

Bre'Shana A.’s Avatar
Bre'Shana A. Aug 31, 2017 310 views

What's the most complicated part of being a physician's assistant?

I am interested in pursuing a career as a physician's assistant and want to know more information, in order to decide if it's the right career for me #physician-assistant #medicine #health #hospital-and-health-care...

#healthcare

Coreyneisha  B.’s Avatar
Coreyneisha B. Aug 31, 2017 359 views

What are some college courses would I have to take to become a physical therapist?

I am a senior at KIPP Renaissance High School who's looking for more information on how to become a Physical Therapist. #physical-therapy #medicine...

#physician-assistant

joceyn G.’s Avatar
joceyn G. Sep 29, 2017 359 views

If my goal is to be a physician assistant what major should i take?

i need a guide to my future path and am confused on what to do. #help! #physician-assistant #college-major...

#career-path

Uriah G.’s Avatar
Uriah G. Sep 01, 2017 461 views

Can I Get Some Info About Education Beyond A Bachelor's?

I really want to be a nurse or PA in a specialized field (Hematology), but I can't find a lot of helpful information from Google when I'm looking at education that goes beyond a Bahelor's degree. I need more information, preferably from a Hematologist or Hematology nurse, caseworker, etc....

#hematology #hematologist #advice #pa #nurse #college-prep #healthcare #physicians-assistant #nursing #physicianassistant #college-advice #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants

Ginamarie C.’s Avatar
Ginamarie C. Sep 01, 2017 376 views

Where can i start on becoming a Physician Assistant?

My career goal is to become a Physician Assistant but im not sure on where or how to start! #physician-assistant...

#healthcare