Career Questions tagged Doctorate Degree

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Jul 26 75 views

What are the main differences between a PsyD and a PhD in psychology? What do schools look at in terms of qualifications for acceptance?

I am a senior undergrad student getting ready to graduate with a B.S. in social sciences this December. I am interested in pursuing a higher degree in psychology, but would like to know the main differences between the PsyD and the PhD. I have heard the main differences are that research...

#doctorate-degree #gradschoolprograms #psyd #july #phd

Tejas S.’s Avatar
Tejas S. Apr 22 101 views

How can I do remote volunteering work?

Currently I am a Junior in High School and I am interested in pursuing Medicine as my career. I am a avid soccer player and captain of the VEX robotics team in my high school. #doctorate-degree #athletics #medicine #career #hospital-and-health-care...

Taya A.’s Avatar
Taya A. Aug 28, 2018 268 views

Is it worth putting all the time and money into going to medical school?

I am debating either becoming a medical doctor or a PA. I want the pay and title of a doctor. However, I also am not sure I want to spend all the time and money for the education of becoming one. #doctor #doctorate-degree #phd #student-loans #medicine...

#doctors

Mustapha T.’s Avatar
Mustapha T. Apr 04, 2018 288 views

Wha t is the expected amount of years after you get a bachelor's degree to get a doctorate degree in psychology?

I am majoring in psychology, but want to know how long I am expected to further my education to get a doctorate degree. #doctorate-degree #psychology...

#college-degree

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018 438 views

What can you do with a Ph.D in physics?

I have always wanted to get a Ph.d. in physics. I planned to do electrical engineering or computer science and then get a Ph.d. in physics. My main issue is that I am not sure what being a physicist entails, aside from academia. I would like to know what someone with a Ph.d. in physics could...

#doctorate-degree #phd #physics #doctorate #science #science-phd

Rhitney D.’s Avatar
Rhitney D. May 16, 2016 499 views

I want to be a Pediatrician, should I pursue Biochemistry or Chemistry as a major?

I am looking to go to Pre-Med school but I am unsure if I want to study Biochemistry or Chemistry. #doctor #pediatrics #doctorate-degree #biology #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care...

#majors

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018 358 views

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! #doctor #nurse...

#doctorate-degree #physician-assistant #pre-med #nurse-practitioner #medical-school

Larissa G.’s Avatar
Larissa G. Apr 24, 2018 277 views

Why are PsyD programs so under-funded?

I'm upset that even as a doctorate student I won't be funded #college #higher-education #doctorate-degree...

#finance

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 18, 2018 264 views

What can I do in order to prepare myself to be most successful in pursuing an Kinesiology degree?

I have a passion for fitness, science, and nutrition, which makes a Kinesiology degree prefect for me. However, I wish to begin my college career as prepared as possible, and I am curious as to what steps I need to take to be on the correct path to the degree of my dreams. #fitness...

#nutrition #science #doctorate-degree #kinesiology

Jessie D.’s Avatar
Jessie D. Jan 10, 2018 320 views

How is process of going through medical school and taking the MCAT?

I am currently a junior in high school and I am curious about the process of becoming a professional like an orthodontist, dentist, pediatrician, or a family and general practitioner. Since I am aware that earning a (grad/undergrad) degree is not something to underestimate, I want to know what...

#pediatrics #doctorate-degree #medicine #general-practitioner #healthcare #mcat #dentistry #graduate-school #hospital-and-health-care #medical-school #orthodontist

Brianna B.’s Avatar
Brianna B. Mar 27, 2018 421 views

Does it help when looking for jobs to have a Ph.D. in marine biology?

I have wanted to get my degree as a marine biologist through Coastal Carolina University ever since I was in middle school, which was when I first started learning about marine life. I've known that marine science is the only Ph.D. program available at Coastal Carolina, but I am unaware of how...

#career #doctorate-degree #marine-biology #biology #science-phd

JAMES H.’s Avatar
JAMES H. May 18, 2016 452 views

How much better is to Live in campus rather than commute to the school?

I am asking this question because I want to know if staying is worth the money #graduate #doctorate-degree #undergraduate #college...

#student-housing

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018 313 views

What jobs can I get as a medical student?

I plan on becoming a forensic pathologist, which takes a very, very long time. I'd like to know what kind of jobs I can get at certain levels of my college education. I'd like good money, so I can start paying off student loans early. Thank you! #medical-practice #student-loans...

#forensic-investigation #doctorate-degree #what-kind-of-jobs-can-i-expect #college-bound

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018 310 views

What are the average requirements for a thesis or dissertation?

I am an avid writer, and I don't think a thesis or dissertation will be too difficult for me. However, this is a high school student speaking, so I can't really be sure. I'd like to know ( on average) what the requirements are in the forensic pathology field, so I can get used to writing with...

#doctorate-degree #masters #thesis #writing #forensics #dissertation #medical-education #highschool

Christina S.’s Avatar
Christina S. Jan 17, 2018 360 views

What’s the most sufficient way to get a doctorate in Chemistry?

If there are opportunities to gain a doctorate without so many “filler” classes. #doctorate-degree #chemistry #higher-education...

Skylar H.’s Avatar
Skylar H. Jan 17, 2018 338 views

What if I want to have a job that supports and pays well, but that I genuinely like and have time to do things in my free time?

I have heard many stories of people having their dream jobs that pay, "big bucks," but then having these jobs take away a lot of time from their outside lives and take away time from things that are truly important to them, for example, family. I have also heard of people having jobs that pay...

#doctorate-degree #conflicted #marine-biology #biology #art #business #travel #neonatology #hospital-and-health-care #performing-arts

Azucena P.’s Avatar
Azucena P. Jan 13, 2018 252 views

What jobs could I choose from the medical field with a doctoral degree?

I'm a sophomore in high school that is looking forward to the future and all the different options I could possibly choose from.#registered-nurses #surgeons #medicine #hospital #doctorate-degree #doctor...

#anasthesiologist

Shoshannah B.’s Avatar
Shoshannah B. May 21, 2016 460 views

What is the best way to study for the MCAT's without spending so much money?

I am nervous for the amount of money that i will already be spending on books for college as well as possible classes taken in order to study for the MCAT's , I'm just curious of the more cost efficient advice that someone can give me in order to study for the MCAT's without spending so much of...

#healthcare #college #doctorate-degree #hospital #studying-tips #medicine #pre-med

Aubree  D.’s Avatar
Aubree D. May 17, 2016 554 views
Chaveli P.’s Avatar
Chaveli P. May 15, 2016 673 views

As an aspiring doctor, what skills/strengths should I focus on besides the fundamental ones?

I am a rising senior and extremely determined to be a doctor, I would like to know what skills/strengths I should know. #medicine #doctorate-degree #neuroscience #hospital-and-health-care #career...

#science

marnath B.’s Avatar
marnath B. Oct 21, 2016 460 views

help!!! what are some ways to be active in college for a future medical school student

I'm a current freshman in college and I just recently declared my major. I'm a biology major and in the future I plan on going to medical school. I feel the need to be active in college, so it looks good on my transcript, but don't know how. #medicine #biology #doctorate-degree #college...

#academic-advising