Career Questions tagged Doctorate Degree

Jasmine V.’s Avatar
Jasmine V. Apr 19 278 views

What are the steps needed to become a neonatal doctor?

I’m a high school student wanting to be prepared for med school and my future career. child-psychology doctorate-degree...

doctor

orpi S.’s Avatar
orpi S. Jan 26 179 views

what jobs i medical field are ideal ?

hii my name is orpita and i'm currently in year 11 and i really want to become a doctor so please give me some advices! thank youu doctor pediatrician neurosurgeon dentistry doctor doctor...

doctorate-degree

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Jul 26, 2020 217 views

What are the main differences between a PsyD and a PhD in psychology? What do schools look at in terms of qualifications for acceptance?

I am a senior undergrad student getting ready to graduate with a B.S. in social sciences this December. I am interested in pursuing a higher degree in psychology, but would like to know the main differences between the PsyD and the PhD. I have heard the main differences are that research...

july psyd doctorate-degree phd gradschoolprograms

Tejas S.’s Avatar
Tejas S. Apr 22, 2020 273 views

How can I do remote volunteering work?

Currently I am a Junior in High School and I am interested in pursuing Medicine as my career. I am a avid soccer player and captain of the VEX robotics team in my high school. doctorate-degree athletics medicine career hospital-and-health-care...

Taya A.’s Avatar
Taya A. Aug 28, 2018 398 views

Is it worth putting all the time and money into going to medical school?

I am debating either becoming a medical doctor or a PA. I want the pay and title of a doctor. However, I also am not sure I want to spend all the time and money for the education of becoming one. doctor doctorate-degree phd student-loans medicine...

doctors

Mustapha T.’s Avatar
Mustapha T. Apr 04, 2018 437 views

Wha t is the expected amount of years after you get a bachelor's degree to get a doctorate degree in psychology?

I am majoring in psychology, but want to know how long I am expected to further my education to get a doctorate degree. doctorate-degree psychology...

college-degree

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018 623 views

What can you do with a Ph.D in physics?

I have always wanted to get a Ph.d. in physics. I planned to do electrical engineering or computer science and then get a Ph.d. in physics. My main issue is that I am not sure what being a physicist entails, aside from academia. I would like to know what someone with a Ph.d. in physics could...

science-phd doctorate physics phd doctorate-degree science

Rhitney D.’s Avatar
Rhitney D. May 16, 2016 898 views

I want to be a Pediatrician, should I pursue Biochemistry or Chemistry as a major?

I am looking to go to Pre-Med school but I am unsure if I want to study Biochemistry or Chemistry. doctor pediatrics doctorate-degree biology healthcare hospital-and-health-care...

majors

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018 520 views

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! doctor nurse...

medical-school doctorate-degree physician-assistant nurse-practitioner pre-med

Larissa G.’s Avatar
Larissa G. Apr 24, 2018 386 views

Why are PsyD programs so under-funded?

I'm upset that even as a doctorate student I won't be funded college higher-education doctorate-degree...

finance

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 18, 2018 430 views

What can I do in order to prepare myself to be most successful in pursuing an Kinesiology degree?

I have a passion for fitness, science, and nutrition, which makes a Kinesiology degree prefect for me. However, I wish to begin my college career as prepared as possible, and I am curious as to what steps I need to take to be on the correct path to the degree of my dreams. fitness...

doctorate-degree nutrition science kinesiology

Jessie D.’s Avatar
Jessie D. Jan 10, 2018 417 views

How is process of going through medical school and taking the MCAT?

I am currently a junior in high school and I am curious about the process of becoming a professional like an orthodontist, dentist, pediatrician, or a family and general practitioner. Since I am aware that earning a (grad/undergrad) degree is not something to underestimate, I want to know what...

orthodontist mcat medical-school medicine doctorate-degree graduate-school pediatrics healthcare general-practitioner dentistry hospital-and-health-care

Brianna B.’s Avatar
Brianna B. Mar 27, 2018 578 views

Does it help when looking for jobs to have a Ph.D. in marine biology?

I have wanted to get my degree as a marine biologist through Coastal Carolina University ever since I was in middle school, which was when I first started learning about marine life. I've known that marine science is the only Ph.D. program available at Coastal Carolina, but I am unaware of how...

science-phd biology doctorate-degree career marine-biology

JAMES H.’s Avatar
JAMES H. May 18, 2016 584 views

How much better is to Live in campus rather than commute to the school?

I am asking this question because I want to know if staying is worth the money graduate doctorate-degree undergraduate college...

student-housing

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018 423 views

What jobs can I get as a medical student?

I plan on becoming a forensic pathologist, which takes a very, very long time. I'd like to know what kind of jobs I can get at certain levels of my college education. I'd like good money, so I can start paying off student loans early. Thank you! medical-practice student-loans...

forensic-investigation college-bound what-kind-of-jobs-can-i-expect doctorate-degree

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018 418 views

What are the average requirements for a thesis or dissertation?

I am an avid writer, and I don't think a thesis or dissertation will be too difficult for me. However, this is a high school student speaking, so I can't really be sure. I'd like to know ( on average) what the requirements are in the forensic pathology field, so I can get used to writing with...

medical-education doctorate-degree writing highschool dissertation masters thesis forensics