Career Questions tagged Doctorate Degree

Taya A.’s Avatar
Taya A. Aug 28, 2018

Is it worth putting all the time and money into going to medical school?

I am debating either becoming a medical doctor or a PA. I want the pay and title of a doctor. However, I also am not sure I want to spend all the time and money for the education of becoming one. #doctor #doctorate-degree #phd #student-loans #medicine...

#doctors

Mustapha T.’s Avatar
Mustapha T. Apr 04, 2018

Wha t is the expected amount of years after you get a bachelor's degree to get a doctorate degree in psychology?

I am majoring in psychology, but want to know how long I am expected to further my education to get a doctorate degree. #doctorate-degree #psychology...

#college-degree

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018

What can you do with a Ph.D in physics?

I have always wanted to get a Ph.d. in physics. I planned to do electrical engineering or computer science and then get a Ph.d. in physics. My main issue is that I am not sure what being a physicist entails, aside from academia. I would like to know what someone with a Ph.d. in physics could...

#doctorate-degree #doctorate #science-phd #science #phd #physics

Rhitney D.’s Avatar
Rhitney D. May 16, 2016

I want to be a Pediatrician, should I pursue Biochemistry or Chemistry as a major?

I am looking to go to Pre-Med school but I am unsure if I want to study Biochemistry or Chemistry. #doctor #pediatrics #doctorate-degree #biology #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care...

#majors

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! #doctor #nurse...

#doctorate-degree #nurse-practitioner #physician-assistant #medical-school #pre-med

Larissa G.’s Avatar
Larissa G. Apr 24, 2018

Why are PsyD programs so under-funded?

I'm upset that even as a doctorate student I won't be funded #college #higher-education #doctorate-degree...

#finance

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 18, 2018

What can I do in order to prepare myself to be most successful in pursuing an Kinesiology degree?

I have a passion for fitness, science, and nutrition, which makes a Kinesiology degree prefect for me. However, I wish to begin my college career as prepared as possible, and I am curious as to what steps I need to take to be on the correct path to the degree of my dreams. #fitness...

#doctorate-degree #kinesiology #science #nutrition

Jessie D.’s Avatar
Jessie D. Jan 10, 2018

How is process of going through medical school and taking the MCAT?

I am currently a junior in high school and I am curious about the process of becoming a professional like an orthodontist, dentist, pediatrician, or a family and general practitioner. Since I am aware that earning a (grad/undergrad) degree is not something to underestimate, I want to know what...

#doctorate-degree #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #pediatrics #mcat #orthodontist #medicine #graduate-school #medical-school #general-practitioner #dentistry

Brianna B.’s Avatar
Brianna B. Mar 27, 2018

Does it help when looking for jobs to have a Ph.D. in marine biology?

I have wanted to get my degree as a marine biologist through Coastal Carolina University ever since I was in middle school, which was when I first started learning about marine life. I've known that marine science is the only Ph.D. program available at Coastal Carolina, but I am unaware of how...

#doctorate-degree #career #biology #marine-biology #science-phd

JAMES H.’s Avatar
JAMES H. May 18, 2016

How much better is to Live in campus rather than commute to the school?

I am asking this question because I want to know if staying is worth the money #graduate #doctorate-degree #undergraduate #college...

#student-housing

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018

What jobs can I get as a medical student?

I plan on becoming a forensic pathologist, which takes a very, very long time. I'd like to know what kind of jobs I can get at certain levels of my college education. I'd like good money, so I can start paying off student loans early. Thank you! #medical-practice #student-loans...

#doctorate-degree #what-kind-of-jobs-can-i-expect #forensic-investigation #college-bound

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018

What are the average requirements for a thesis or dissertation?

I am an avid writer, and I don't think a thesis or dissertation will be too difficult for me. However, this is a high school student speaking, so I can't really be sure. I'd like to know ( on average) what the requirements are in the forensic pathology field, so I can get used to writing with...

#doctorate-degree #masters #forensics #medical-education #thesis #dissertation #writing #highschool

Christina S.’s Avatar
Christina S. Jan 17, 2018

What’s the most sufficient way to get a doctorate in Chemistry?

If there are opportunities to gain a doctorate without so many “filler” classes. #doctorate-degree #chemistry #higher-education...

Skylar H.’s Avatar
Skylar H. Jan 17, 2018

What if I want to have a job that supports and pays well, but that I genuinely like and have time to do things in my free time?

I have heard many stories of people having their dream jobs that pay, "big bucks," but then having these jobs take away a lot of time from their outside lives and take away time from things that are truly important to them, for example, family. I have also heard of people having jobs that pay...

#doctorate-degree #hospital-and-health-care #art #travel #business #biology #marine-biology #conflicted #performing-arts #neonatology

Azucena P.’s Avatar
Azucena P. Jan 13, 2018

What jobs could I choose from the medical field with a doctoral degree?

I'm a sophomore in high school that is looking forward to the future and all the different options I could possibly choose from.#registered-nurses #surgeons #medicine #medical #hospital #doctorate-degree #doctor...

#anasthesiologist

Shoshannah B.’s Avatar
Shoshannah B. May 21, 2016

What is the best way to study for the MCAT's without spending so much money?

I am nervous for the amount of money that i will already be spending on books for college as well as possible classes taken in order to study for the MCAT's , I'm just curious of the more cost efficient advice that someone can give me in order to study for the MCAT's without spending so much of...

#doctorate-degree #healthcare #medical #medicine #college #hospital #studying-tips #pre-med

Courtney D.’s Avatar
Courtney D. May 18, 2016
Aubree  D.’s Avatar
Aubree D. May 17, 2016

I am also considering being an Oncologist, I want to know what your average day is like?

Just trying to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life. #doctor #doctorate-degree #oncology #science #medical...

#hospital-and-health-care

Chaveli P.’s Avatar
Chaveli P. May 15, 2016

As an aspiring doctor, what skills/strengths should I focus on besides the fundamental ones?

I am a rising senior and extremely determined to be a doctor, I would like to know what skills/strengths I should know. #medicine #doctorate-degree #neuroscience #hospital-and-health-care #career...

#science

marnath B.’s Avatar
marnath B. Oct 21, 2016

help!!! what are some ways to be active in college for a future medical school student

I'm a current freshman in college and I just recently declared my major. I'm a biology major and in the future I plan on going to medical school. I feel the need to be active in college, so it looks good on my transcript, but don't know how. #medicine #biology #doctorate-degree #college...

#academic-advising

Kris M.’s Avatar
Kris M. Feb 08, 2017

What is the retirement plan for being a doctor?

Do I still get paid after I retire? #doctorate-degree #doctor...

#higher-education

Sara M.’s Avatar
Sara M. Oct 27, 2016

Is a Masters degree useful in the world of optics?

I am trying to decide if I should ask about going for my doctorate next fall. I am currently working on my masters and taking the same courses as a PhD student in optical sciences would. I am trying to assess the benefits of getting my masters if my plan is to eventually get a PhD in the same...

#doctorate-degree #science #optics #masters-degree #graduate-school #career-counseling

Janai H.’s Avatar
Janai H. May 14, 2016

How could someone prepare for losing a patient?

I am a pre-med biomedical science major and I know that I want to pursue surgery, I also know that as a surgeon there will come a time that I am not able to save a patients life and I would like some advice on how to prepare for the moment I love my first patient. #doctor #medicine #healthcare...

#doctorate-degree #medical-school #pre-med

savana F.’s Avatar
savana F. May 13, 2016

If you were to obtain a doctorates degree in nursing, how many years would that take to earn that degree?

I was curious of how many years it would take to earn a doctorate degree in nursing. #medicine #nursing #nurse #healthcare #higher-education...

#doctorate-degree

Jessamine N.’s Avatar
Jessamine N. May 13, 2016

If I get a BNS and later decide to become a doctor, how difficult would the transition be?

I'm a high school junior and have not decided whether or not I want to be a nurse or a doctor. #doctor #healthcare #registered-nurses #doctorate-degree...

#hospital-and-health-care