Career Questions tagged Doctorate Degree

Taya A.’s Avatar
Taya A. Aug 28, 2018 160 views

Is it worth putting all the time and money into going to medical school?

I am debating either becoming a medical doctor or a PA. I want the pay and title of a doctor. However, I also am not sure I want to spend all the time and money for the education of becoming one. #doctor #doctorate-degree #phd #student-loans #medicine...

#doctors

Mustapha T.’s Avatar
Mustapha T. Apr 04, 2018 223 views

Wha t is the expected amount of years after you get a bachelor's degree to get a doctorate degree in psychology?

I am majoring in psychology, but want to know how long I am expected to further my education to get a doctorate degree. #doctorate-degree #psychology...

#college-degree

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018 279 views

What can you do with a Ph.D in physics?

I have always wanted to get a Ph.d. in physics. I planned to do electrical engineering or computer science and then get a Ph.d. in physics. My main issue is that I am not sure what being a physicist entails, aside from academia. I would like to know what someone with a Ph.d. in physics could...

#doctorate-degree #science-phd #science #phd #physics #doctorate

Rhitney D.’s Avatar
Rhitney D. May 16, 2016 416 views

I want to be a Pediatrician, should I pursue Biochemistry or Chemistry as a major?

I am looking to go to Pre-Med school but I am unsure if I want to study Biochemistry or Chemistry. #doctor #pediatrics #doctorate-degree #biology #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care...

#majors

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018 271 views

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! #doctor #nurse...

#physician-assistant #medical-school #pre-med #doctorate-degree #nurse-practitioner

Larissa G.’s Avatar
Larissa G. Apr 24, 2018 198 views

Why are PsyD programs so under-funded?

I'm upset that even as a doctorate student I won't be funded #college #higher-education #doctorate-degree...

#finance

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 18, 2018 152 views

What can I do in order to prepare myself to be most successful in pursuing an Kinesiology degree?

I have a passion for fitness, science, and nutrition, which makes a Kinesiology degree prefect for me. However, I wish to begin my college career as prepared as possible, and I am curious as to what steps I need to take to be on the correct path to the degree of my dreams. #fitness...

#doctorate-degree #kinesiology #nutrition #science

Jessie D.’s Avatar
Jessie D. Jan 10, 2018 224 views

How is process of going through medical school and taking the MCAT?

I am currently a junior in high school and I am curious about the process of becoming a professional like an orthodontist, dentist, pediatrician, or a family and general practitioner. Since I am aware that earning a (grad/undergrad) degree is not something to underestimate, I want to know what...

#healthcare #mcat #pediatrics #graduate-school #medical-school #orthodontist #general-practitioner #doctorate-degree #hospital-and-health-care #dentistry #medicine

Brianna B.’s Avatar
Brianna B. Mar 27, 2018 288 views

Does it help when looking for jobs to have a Ph.D. in marine biology?

I have wanted to get my degree as a marine biologist through Coastal Carolina University ever since I was in middle school, which was when I first started learning about marine life. I've known that marine science is the only Ph.D. program available at Coastal Carolina, but I am unaware of how...

#doctorate-degree #science-phd #biology #career #marine-biology

JAMES H.’s Avatar
JAMES H. May 18, 2016 392 views

How much better is to Live in campus rather than commute to the school?

I am asking this question because I want to know if staying is worth the money #graduate #doctorate-degree #undergraduate #college...

#student-housing

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018 228 views

What jobs can I get as a medical student?

I plan on becoming a forensic pathologist, which takes a very, very long time. I'd like to know what kind of jobs I can get at certain levels of my college education. I'd like good money, so I can start paying off student loans early. Thank you! #medical-practice #student-loans...

#doctorate-degree #what-kind-of-jobs-can-i-expect #college-bound #forensic-investigation

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018 244 views

What are the average requirements for a thesis or dissertation?

I am an avid writer, and I don't think a thesis or dissertation will be too difficult for me. However, this is a high school student speaking, so I can't really be sure. I'd like to know ( on average) what the requirements are in the forensic pathology field, so I can get used to writing with...

#writing #masters #thesis #forensics #doctorate-degree #dissertation #highschool #medical-education

Christina S.’s Avatar
Christina S. Jan 17, 2018 270 views

What’s the most sufficient way to get a doctorate in Chemistry?

If there are opportunities to gain a doctorate without so many “filler” classes. #doctorate-degree #chemistry #higher-education...

Skylar H.’s Avatar
Skylar H. Jan 17, 2018 257 views

What if I want to have a job that supports and pays well, but that I genuinely like and have time to do things in my free time?

I have heard many stories of people having their dream jobs that pay, "big bucks," but then having these jobs take away a lot of time from their outside lives and take away time from things that are truly important to them, for example, family. I have also heard of people having jobs that pay...

#neonatology #hospital-and-health-care #doctorate-degree #conflicted #art #travel #biology #performing-arts #business #marine-biology

Azucena P.’s Avatar
Azucena P. Jan 13, 2018 169 views

What jobs could I choose from the medical field with a doctoral degree?

I'm a sophomore in high school that is looking forward to the future and all the different options I could possibly choose from.#registered-nurses #surgeons #medicine #medical #hospital #doctorate-degree #doctor...

#anasthesiologist

Shoshannah B.’s Avatar
Shoshannah B. May 21, 2016 371 views

What is the best way to study for the MCAT's without spending so much money?

I am nervous for the amount of money that i will already be spending on books for college as well as possible classes taken in order to study for the MCAT's , I'm just curious of the more cost efficient advice that someone can give me in order to study for the MCAT's without spending so much of...

#medical #healthcare #hospital #pre-med #doctorate-degree #studying-tips #college #medicine

Courtney D.’s Avatar
Courtney D. May 18, 2016 425 views
Aubree  D.’s Avatar
Aubree D. May 17, 2016 484 views

I am also considering being an Oncologist, I want to know what your average day is like?

Just trying to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life. #doctor #doctorate-degree #oncology #science #medical...

#hospital-and-health-care

Chaveli P.’s Avatar
Chaveli P. May 15, 2016 547 views

As an aspiring doctor, what skills/strengths should I focus on besides the fundamental ones?

I am a rising senior and extremely determined to be a doctor, I would like to know what skills/strengths I should know. #medicine #doctorate-degree #neuroscience #hospital-and-health-care #career...

#science

Ariana L.’s Avatar
Ariana L. Oct 20, 2016 379 views
marnath B.’s Avatar
marnath B. Oct 21, 2016 375 views

help!!! what are some ways to be active in college for a future medical school student

I'm a current freshman in college and I just recently declared my major. I'm a biology major and in the future I plan on going to medical school. I feel the need to be active in college, so it looks good on my transcript, but don't know how. #medicine #biology #doctorate-degree #college...

#academic-advising

Kris M.’s Avatar
Kris M. Feb 08, 2017 267 views

What is the retirement plan for being a doctor?

Do I still get paid after I retire? #doctorate-degree #doctor...

#higher-education

Sara M.’s Avatar
Sara M. Oct 27, 2016 362 views

Is a Masters degree useful in the world of optics?

I am trying to decide if I should ask about going for my doctorate next fall. I am currently working on my masters and taking the same courses as a PhD student in optical sciences would. I am trying to assess the benefits of getting my masters if my plan is to eventually get a PhD in the same...

#doctorate-degree #science #masters-degree #graduate-school #career-counseling #optics

Sylvia M.’s Avatar
Sylvia M. Sep 01, 2017 336 views
Janai H.’s Avatar
Janai H. May 14, 2016 361 views

How could someone prepare for losing a patient?

I am a pre-med biomedical science major and I know that I want to pursue surgery, I also know that as a surgeon there will come a time that I am not able to save a patients life and I would like some advice on how to prepare for the moment I love my first patient. #doctor #medicine #healthcare...

#doctorate-degree #medical-school #pre-med

savana F.’s Avatar
savana F. May 13, 2016 399 views

If you were to obtain a doctorates degree in nursing, how many years would that take to earn that degree?

I was curious of how many years it would take to earn a doctorate degree in nursing. #medicine #nursing #nurse #healthcare #higher-education...

#doctorate-degree

Jessamine N.’s Avatar
Jessamine N. May 13, 2016 522 views

If I get a BNS and later decide to become a doctor, how difficult would the transition be?

I'm a high school junior and have not decided whether or not I want to be a nurse or a doctor. #doctor #healthcare #registered-nurses #doctorate-degree...

#hospital-and-health-care