Career Questions tagged Doctorate

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#interview #graduate-school #grad-school #research #application #psychology #college #phd #doctorate #graduate

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Apr 16, 2018

In working toward the field of prothetics do I need a master degree before a docorate

To understand how much schooling I will need and how I should prepare for applying to graduate school. #graduate-school #masters #doctorate #prosthetics #healthcare #biomedical-engineering...

#engineer

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018

What can you do with a Ph.D in physics?

I have always wanted to get a Ph.d. in physics. I planned to do electrical engineering or computer science and then get a Ph.d. in physics. My main issue is that I am not sure what being a physicist entails, aside from academia. I would like to know what someone with a Ph.d. in physics could...

#science #doctorate-degree #phd #science-phd #doctorate #physics

Margot R.’s Avatar
Margot R. May 30, 2018

What are some things to do to prepare for applying to JD/PHD programs?

-What research experience/internships would be helpful? -How important is networking when applying to graduate programs? #education #law #graduate-school #college #applications #phd #jd...

#doctorate

Sarah B.’s Avatar
Sarah B. Apr 27, 2018

Are doctorate degrees worth it?

We've all heard doctors make a lot of money. In a lot of cases, they really don't, especially if you take into consideration the fees they pay like insurances, and student loans. In addition, having a doctorate doesn't save you from being on call or working awful shifts. Are the student...

#salary #studentloans #doctorate #debt

Huy D.’s Avatar
Huy D. May 20, 2016

Considering surgery usually last hours, How do professional surgeons keep there composure for all that time, especially in a life or death situation? What type of pre-planning is put in place?

I plan on becoming a Neuro surgeon. And I have no idea how the surgical process is taken place. I just know the general idea. #masters-degree #doctorate #surgery #hospital-and-health-care #medical...

#medicine

Bryce F.’s Avatar
Bryce F. Oct 29, 2016

Are the working hours of an anesthesiologist grueling?

I'm asking because I am interested in becoming an anesthesiologist but I also want to be able to have a family someday and don't want a job that would interfere with that...

#doctorate

Eve L.’s Avatar
Eve L. May 19, 2016
Eve L.’s Avatar
Eve L. May 19, 2016

What are the benefits in getting a doctorate?

I want to get a Multidisciplinary degree in English Literature and Psycholgy. I was wondering whether I should get a doctorate or a masters. #psychology #degree #literature...

#doctorate

Hector G.’s Avatar
Hector G. Jun 24, 2015

Whats the salary of a Doctor?

I am a student at Abraham Lnicoln and I am in the process of exploring careers. My name is Hector Gomez, I am interested in being a Doctor specifically working with teeth. #doctor #nursing #dentist...

#doctorate

Cyril P.’s Avatar
Cyril P. Jun 08, 2015

Is there a lot of math stuff when being a doctor?

Just got a curiosity. #doctor #nurse #doctorate...

#medical-assistant

Kay G.’s Avatar
Kay G. Apr 21, 2015

what are the different careers that you can take up other than becoming a doctor after completing your inter in pre medical science?

i am asking this question because i want to become a doctor but if in the future i cahnge my mind so is it possible to choose a different career even after completing your inter in pre medical science? #teacher #experience #doctorate...

#medical-student

Sophie T.’s Avatar
Sophie T. Dec 16, 2014

How long does it take to get a PHD or Doctorate in the sciences?

I love to learn and wish to receive the highest level of research education as possible. I also love to travel around the world so I was curious about how long each degree would require #science #astronomy #astrophysics #science-phd...

#doctorate