Career Questions tagged Doctorate

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 370 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#psychology #doctorate #college #research #grad-school #interview #graduate #application #graduate-school #phd

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Apr 16, 2018 257 views

In working toward the field of prothetics do I need a master degree before a docorate

To understand how much schooling I will need and how I should prepare for applying to graduate school. #graduate-school #masters #doctorate #prosthetics #healthcare #biomedical-engineering...

#engineer

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018 413 views

What can you do with a Ph.D in physics?

I have always wanted to get a Ph.d. in physics. I planned to do electrical engineering or computer science and then get a Ph.d. in physics. My main issue is that I am not sure what being a physicist entails, aside from academia. I would like to know what someone with a Ph.d. in physics could...

#doctorate #doctorate-degree #phd #science-phd #physics #science

Margot R.’s Avatar
Margot R. May 30, 2018 277 views

What are some things to do to prepare for applying to JD/PHD programs?

-What research experience/internships would be helpful? -How important is networking when applying to graduate programs? #education #law #graduate-school #college #applications #phd #jd...

#doctorate

Sarah B.’s Avatar
Sarah B. Apr 27, 2018 232 views

Are doctorate degrees worth it?

We've all heard doctors make a lot of money. In a lot of cases, they really don't, especially if you take into consideration the fees they pay like insurances, and student loans. In addition, having a doctorate doesn't save you from being on call or working awful shifts. Are the student...

#salary #debt #doctorate #studentloans

Huy D.’s Avatar
Huy D. May 20, 2016 434 views
Bryce F.’s Avatar
Bryce F. Oct 29, 2016 375 views

Are the working hours of an anesthesiologist grueling?

I'm asking because I am interested in becoming an anesthesiologist but I also want to be able to have a family someday and don't want a job that would interfere with that...

#doctorate

Eve L.’s Avatar
Eve L. May 19, 2016 349 views
Eve L.’s Avatar
Eve L. May 19, 2016 447 views

What are the benefits in getting a doctorate?

I want to get a Multidisciplinary degree in English Literature and Psycholgy. I was wondering whether I should get a doctorate or a masters. #psychology #degree #literature...

#doctorate

Hector G.’s Avatar
Hector G. Jun 24, 2015 733 views

Whats the salary of a Doctor?

I am a student at Abraham Lnicoln and I am in the process of exploring careers. My name is Hector Gomez, I am interested in being a Doctor specifically working with teeth. #doctor #nursing #dentist...

#doctorate

Cyril P.’s Avatar
Cyril P. Jun 08, 2015 886 views
Kay G.’s Avatar
Kay G. Apr 21, 2015 912 views

what are the different careers that you can take up other than becoming a doctor after completing your inter in pre medical science?

i am asking this question because i want to become a doctor but if in the future i cahnge my mind so is it possible to choose a different career even after completing your inter in pre medical science? #teacher #experience #doctorate...

#medical-student

Sophie T.’s Avatar
Sophie T. Dec 16, 2014 1799 views

How long does it take to get a PHD or Doctorate in the sciences?

I love to learn and wish to receive the highest level of research education as possible. I also love to travel around the world so I was curious about how long each degree would require #science #astronomy #astrophysics #science-phd...

#doctorate