what are the different careers that you can take up other than becoming a doctor after completing your inter in pre medical science?

i am asking this question because i want to become a doctor but if in the future i cahnge my mind so is it possible to choose a different career even after completing your inter in pre medical science? #teacher #experience #doctorate #medical-student

2

Justina’s Answer

My degrees (B.S. Microbioloby, B.S. Biochemistry) were pre-med. I have worked in a lot of different jobs: QA microbiology testing food such as candy bars and syrup, biodefense microbiology testing experimental drug products, consumer goods industry developing technical methods and creating analytical models, computer systems validation/systems engineering where I implement software/computer hardware to automate business practices. My graduating class was expected to work mostly in quality assurance testing. The reality is that you can chose pretty much any career path once you have a degree. The degree only gets you in the door. I have not actually been qualified per the "requirements" for any job to which I applied and for which I was hired - I applied anyway because it seemed like what I wanted to do at that time.

thankyou i will be taking your advice and will go ahead and complete my inter in pre-medical science in peace of mind Kay G.

Good Luck Kay G! If your internal compass guided you into pre-med, trust yourself to make the right decisions for you be they to become a doctor or to contribute in other ways! Usually, becoming a doctor is driven by nobler aspirations such as to help people - when someone has such high intentions they should never lose peace of mind and if they do it is only because they have such high aspirations in the first place....what a great spirit to worry about such things! Justina Pongonis

1