Career Questions tagged Astrophysics

Arlen M.’s Avatar
Arlen M. Dec 24, 2021 299 views

I would like to know what the process is like, how is the work environment is in both fields, and if you had to go through the process again what would you have done differently? What career advice would you give me when entering the work force

I enjoy learning about space and physics. I am in the national guard as a uh-60 repair man an often around aircraft. #physics, #engineering, #college, #science, #career, #aerospace,#astrophysics

SRIVEDA J.’s Avatar
SRIVEDA J. Nov 13, 2021 220 views

what to study after 12th to become a cosmologist ?

#educator

#any `````````` #india

Aryona G.’s Avatar
Aryona G. Aug 06, 2021 424 views

What can I do to become an astronomer?

I want to become a future astronomer and I need to know how exactly to get the position I want. #astronomer

amanda K.’s Avatar
amanda K. Jul 02, 2021 411 views

what do you have to do to be an astrophysicist

I am #any interested in #astrophysics and #visualarts

Natalie B.’s Avatar
Natalie B. Jun 01, 2021 487 views

What should I know about studying physics?

I love learning, math, and science. I am more interested in physics or astrophysics than I am in biological sciences. Is a physics major or degree worth it? What should I do in high school to prepare for studying physics? What are some extracurriculars that can get me involved in the subject?...

Dey'ja M.’s Avatar
Dey'ja M. May 12, 2021 184 views

What would you like to learn more about in your field of expertise ?

I am Honest, ethical, conscientious #neurology #neuroscience #astrophysics

Emel C.’s Avatar
Emel C. Mar 02, 2021 402 views

What do you know about the dynamical systems theory?

It seems interesting and I want to study a sociology or astronomy application of it.
#mathematics #sociology #astronomy #astrophysics #cosmology

Ben W.’s Avatar
Ben W. Feb 16, 2021 276 views

What is an average week's workload in the field of Astronomy?

I am currently a sophomore exploring different career paths. #astronomy #career-path

shonali M.’s Avatar
shonali M. Feb 15, 2021 304 views

Is astrophysicist a good career choice?

I love physics and mathematics and I am also a mad fan of science friction, so is Astrophysicist a good career choice for me? I also love to dance, I post videos, so would I be able to continue dance after becoming an astrophysicist? #career

Dhruv B.’s Avatar
Dhruv B. Oct 26, 2020 230 views

How do I become an astrophysicist?

I want to be an astrophysicist. Where should I study?

#astrophysics

Dorian T.’s Avatar
Dorian T. Oct 01, 2020 188 views

I’m ​​interested ​​in ​​learning​​ about​​ what A​​ Day ​​in ​​the ​​Life ​​is ​​like​​ for ​​a​​n Astrophysicist. So ​​far​​ I have​​ learned ​​about the more hardware design aspect of it,​​ but I​​ would ​​also ​​like ​​to ​​know ​​how it is for the ones that mainly focus on space itself

#Astrophysics #Astrophysicist

M K.’s Avatar
M K. Apr 06, 2019 458 views

How can I find internships in astrophysics research i am a CSE engineering student?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of college. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. I am presently enrolled into Engineering (CSE) 2nd year but I always wanted to be an astrophysist , due to various...

Akshay K.’s Avatar
Akshay K. Mar 29, 2019 500 views

What all possible jobs can I do now at the age of 18 to reach my goal of becoming an astrophysicist?

#astrophysics #astronomy #physics #smallJob

Ria F.’s Avatar
Ria F. Mar 18, 2019 342 views

What is a typical day when working as an astrophysicist?

Common tasks
Work schedule
Work environment
#astrophysics #astronomy

Jonah O.’s Avatar
Jonah O. Aug 29, 2018 520 views

Any recomendations for Astronomy/Astrophysics colleges?

#astronomy
#astrophysics

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 1001 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. #college #high-school #low-income-area #workforce #steam #stem #science...

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 622 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

Amberly S.’s Avatar
Amberly S. Aug 27, 2018 538 views

Is space exploration a foreseeable sight within the near future?

Space exploration has always fascinated me, but space exploration, or at least chatter pertaining to space exploration, has dulled immeasurably in the past few years. Have we given up on manned space expeditions? #astronomy #space #nasa #physics #astrophysics

Amina M.’s Avatar
Amina M. Aug 14, 2018 618 views

What jobs can a graduate astrophysics student have ?

#students #student #student-development #college-student #student-affairs #future #astrophysics

Hanana F.’s Avatar
Hanana F. Aug 10, 2018 351 views

What skills do I have to posses if I want to major in physics?

Physics is a very interesting field of science and very challenging. But, besides advanced math what else does this field require me to qualify for? #majors #physic #astrophysics

Hanana F.’s Avatar
Hanana F. Aug 10, 2018 573 views

Educationally, what do astronauts really need to know?

Becoming an astronaut is really challenging. Sometimes it really makes me confused about what an astronaut needs to know, I know they need to be physically fit, meet the requirements for some tests, and other; but, what do they need to really study and train? #astronaut #astrophysics...

Nikita D.’s Avatar
Nikita D. Aug 08, 2018 590 views

How do I become a part of the space industry?

Hi. I am a computer engineer from India. I have always wanted to make a career in astronomy/space. I am aware there are basically two paths: The phd path through which I become an astronomer but working in academia doesn't attract me so much, I am also aware that there aren't many positions...

Cody B.’s Avatar
Cody B. Jan 16, 2018 578 views

Research opportunities for physics/astronomy?

What kind of jobs can I get into after college that will allow me to research astrophysics/astronomy? I don't want to teach, I'd rather research and publish scientific papers. #astrophysics #science #physics #research #astronomy

Cody B.’s Avatar
Cody B. Jan 16, 2018 576 views

How can I find internships to get ahead in astrophysics research?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of school. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. #physics #astrophysics #science #astronomy

Anthony M.’s Avatar
Anthony M. Jan 15, 2018 637 views

What are good astrophysics schools?

I want to go to a college that will help me get the best education in astrophysics, and I’ve been having trouble finding schools that would be good to study this. #astrophysics #college-selection #astronomy #career #college

Anthony M.’s Avatar
Anthony M. Jan 15, 2018 875 views

Is astrophysics a good career field to try to enter in the 21st century?

I am very interested in astrophysics but I am afraid that after I receive my degree in it that I will be unable to find employment. #astrophysics #career #career-path #astronomy

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 08, 2017 657 views

What technical institutes also have good theater opportunities?

I'm looking to go into physics/astrophysics, but I'm also an avid theatrical actor. Are there any universities that are strong in both?

#college #theater #physics #astrophysics #college-selection #college-major #college-advice

Gabriel P.’s Avatar
Gabriel P. Sep 01, 2017 608 views

What is the best way to get a job at NASA?

I am planning on majoring in Astronomy and Astrophysics in college and I would like to know the best way to get a job at NASA. #astronomy #astrophysics #nasa

Braden B.’s Avatar
Braden B. Oct 31, 2016 682 views

In college, I was planning on pursuing a double major. I was planning on obtaining a PhD in astrophysics and a bachelors in robotics engineering. I was wondering: how hard would this be and would it even be possible?

I was planning on obtaining this degree so I would have a back-up plan in life. If one career fell through, I could rely on the other. I find both subjects really interesting to me and I would like to make possible careers out of them. In the best case scenario, I could possibly find a career...

Braden B.’s Avatar
Braden B. Oct 31, 2016 607 views

I was planning on majoring in Astrophysics in college with a PhD, but the college I was planning on attending does not offer astrophysics as a major. However, they offer physics as a major and have astrophysics as a minor. Is it the same?

I am asking this question because it will ultimately determine my future. I was planning on majoring in astrophysics because I find the subject matter simply fascinating. The reason why I have my heart set on this particular college is because I was planning on obtaining a double major, a...