Career Questions tagged Astrophysics

Natalie B.’s Avatar
Natalie B. Jun 01 187 views

What should I know about studying physics?

I love learning, math, and science. I am more interested in physics or astrophysics than I am in biological sciences. Is a physics major or degree worth it? What should I do in high school to prepare for studying physics? What are some extracurriculars that can get me involved in the subject?...

majors college-majors astrophysics astronomy math college physics high-school maths

Emel C.’s Avatar
Emel C. Mar 02 206 views

What do you know about the dynamical systems theory?

It seems interesting and I want to study a sociology or astronomy application of it. mathematics sociology astronomy astrophysics...

cosmology

Dhruv B.’s Avatar
Dhruv B. Oct 26, 2020 124 views
M K.’s Avatar
M K. Apr 06, 2019 321 views

How can I find internships in astrophysics research i am a CSE engineering student?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of college. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. I am presently enrolled into Engineering (CSE) 2nd year but I always wanted to be an astrophysist , due to various...

physics astrophysics astronomy science

Ria F.’s Avatar
Ria F. Mar 18, 2019 230 views

What is a typical day when working as an astrophysicist?

Common tasks Work schedule Work environment astrophysics...

astronomy

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 853 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. college high-school low-income-area workforce steam stem science...

space engineering technology forensics astrophysics astronomy math space-exploration planetary-science medicine advice pharmaceuticals career

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 478 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

workforce forensics stem astrophysics medicine nasa science career technology future biotechnology space-exploration planetary-science student women-in-stem high-school steam pharmaceuticals

Amberly S.’s Avatar
Amberly S. Aug 27, 2018 409 views

Is space exploration a foreseeable sight within the near future?

Space exploration has always fascinated me, but space exploration, or at least chatter pertaining to space exploration, has dulled immeasurably in the past few years. Have we given up on manned space expeditions? astronomy space nasa physics...

astrophysics

Hanana F.’s Avatar
Hanana F. Aug 10, 2018 271 views

What skills do I have to posses if I want to major in physics?

Physics is a very interesting field of science and very challenging. But, besides advanced math what else does this field require me to qualify for? majors physic...

astrophysics

Hanana F.’s Avatar
Hanana F. Aug 10, 2018 445 views

Educationally, what do astronauts really need to know?

Becoming an astronaut is really challenging. Sometimes it really makes me confused about what an astronaut needs to know, I know they need to be physically fit, meet the requirements for some tests, and other; but, what do they need to really study and train? astronaut astrophysics...

career-path astronomy

Nikita D.’s Avatar
Nikita D. Aug 08, 2018 458 views

How do I become a part of the space industry?

Hi. I am a computer engineer from India. I have always wanted to make a career in astronomy/space. I am aware there are basically two paths: The phd path through which I become an astronomer but working in academia doesn't attract me so much, I am also aware that there aren't many positions...

space rockets technology datascience astrophysics astronomy isu astronomers

Gabriel P.’s Avatar
Gabriel P. Sep 01, 2017 481 views

What is the best way to get a job at NASA?

I am planning on majoring in Astronomy and Astrophysics in college and I would like to know the best way to get a job at NASA. astronomy astrophysics...

nasa

Cody B.’s Avatar
Cody B. Jan 16, 2018 437 views

Research opportunities for physics/astronomy?

What kind of jobs can I get into after college that will allow me to research astrophysics/astronomy? I don't want to teach, I'd rather research and publish scientific papers. astrophysics science physics research...

astronomy

Cody B.’s Avatar
Cody B. Jan 16, 2018 491 views

How can I find internships to get ahead in astrophysics research?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of school. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. physics astrophysics science...

astronomy

Anthony M.’s Avatar
Anthony M. Jan 15, 2018 542 views

What are good astrophysics schools?

I want to go to a college that will help me get the best education in astrophysics, and I’ve been having trouble finding schools that would be good to study this. astrophysics college-selection astronomy career...

college

Anthony M.’s Avatar
Anthony M. Jan 15, 2018 704 views

Is astrophysics a good career field to try to enter in the 21st century?

I am very interested in astrophysics but I am afraid that after I receive my degree in it that I will be unable to find employment. astrophysics career career-path...

astronomy

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 08, 2017 574 views

What technical institutes also have good theater opportunities?

I'm looking to go into physics/astrophysics, but I'm also an avid theatrical actor. Are there any universities that are strong in both? college theater physics astrophysics college-selection college-major...

college-advice

Antonio M.’s Avatar
Antonio M. May 20, 2016 398 views

What types of pathways and experiences in Aerospace/Astronautical Engineering can you assist with?

this is the field that I am going into and I know I as well as others would rather get the main information i need as quickly as possible. college science aerospace astrophysics...

astronautical

Braden B.’s Avatar
Braden B. Oct 31, 2016 545 views

In college, I was planning on pursuing a double major. I was planning on obtaining a PhD in astrophysics and a bachelors in robotics engineering. I was wondering: how hard would this be and would it even be possible?

I was planning on obtaining this degree so I would have a back-up plan in life. If one career fell through, I could rely on the other. I find both subjects really interesting to me and I would like to make possible careers out of them. In the best case scenario, I could possibly find a career...

physics double-major robotics astrophysics robotics-engineer

Braden B.’s Avatar
Braden B. Oct 31, 2016 526 views

I was planning on majoring in Astrophysics in college with a PhD, but the college I was planning on attending does not offer astrophysics as a major. However, they offer physics as a major and have astrophysics as a minor. Is it the same?

I am asking this question because it will ultimately determine my future. I was planning on majoring in astrophysics because I find the subject matter simply fascinating. The reason why I have my heart set on this particular college is because I was planning on obtaining a double major, a...

double-major astrophysics science-phd physics

madison J.’s Avatar
madison J. Oct 28, 2016 658 views

how do I become an astronomer?

I've always loved learning about stars, planets, black holes, gravitational waves, galaxies, any space stuff. but is this a practical career in any way? besides working for NASA, what viable paths are there for a degree in astronomy or astrophysics? is this something i should relegate simply to...

astronomy astrophysics astronaut astronautics

Kendralyn M.’s Avatar
Kendralyn M. Oct 27, 2016 633 views

What are "worthwhile" contributions that I could make to today's society as an astrophysicist?

I want to get a doctorate in astrophysics but I don't want to do all of this work and spend all of this money/ pay off loans for several years if I can't do something worthwhile with it. stem women-in-stem astrophysics stem-education...

stemcareers

Kendralyn M.’s Avatar
Kendralyn M. Oct 27, 2016 519 views

Why is it hard to find an affordable college or university that offers an undergraduate astrophysics program?

I'm a senior in high school who wants to major in astrophysics and work in that field. The only colleges/universities that I can find that offer Astrophysics are really really expensive and I don't want to pay off loans for the rest of my life. stem women-in-stem...

astrophysics

Erica P.’s Avatar
Erica P. Oct 23, 2016 668 views

What happens in the daily life of a physicist?

I want to major in physics and want to know what to expect. physics astronomy...

astrophysics