Career Questions tagged Astrophysics

M K.’s Avatar
M K. Apr 06 83 views

How can I find internships in astrophysics research i am a CSE engineering student?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of college. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. I am presently enrolled into Engineering (CSE) 2nd year but I always wanted to be an astrophysist , due to various...

#astrophysics #science #physics #astronomy

Ria F.’s Avatar
Ria F. Mar 18 64 views

What is a typical day when working as an astrophysicist?

Common tasks Work schedule Work environment #astrophysics...

#astronomy

Jonah O.’s Avatar
Jonah O. Aug 29, 2018 190 views
Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 555 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. #college #high-school #low-income-area #workforce #steam #stem #science...

#math #space #astronomy #space-exploration #engineering #career #medicine #astrophysics #forensics #planetary-science #advice #technology #pharmaceuticals

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 226 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

#space-exploration #future #workforce #science #planetary-science #technology #pharmaceuticals #nasa #women-in-stem #student #steam #career #biotechnology #medicine #stem #astrophysics #forensics #high-school

Amberly S.’s Avatar
Amberly S. Aug 27, 2018 195 views

Is space exploration a foreseeable sight within the near future?

Space exploration has always fascinated me, but space exploration, or at least chatter pertaining to space exploration, has dulled immeasurably in the past few years. Have we given up on manned space expeditions? #astronomy #space #nasa #physics...

#astrophysics

Hanana F.’s Avatar
Hanana F. Aug 10, 2018 144 views

What skills do I have to posses if I want to major in physics?

Physics is a very interesting field of science and very challenging. But, besides advanced math what else does this field require me to qualify for? #majors #physic...

#astrophysics

Hanana F.’s Avatar
Hanana F. Aug 10, 2018 228 views

Educationally, what do astronauts really need to know?

Becoming an astronaut is really challenging. Sometimes it really makes me confused about what an astronaut needs to know, I know they need to be physically fit, meet the requirements for some tests, and other; but, what do they need to really study and train? #astronaut #astrophysics...

#career-path #astronomy

Nikita D.’s Avatar
Nikita D. Aug 08, 2018 190 views

How do I become a part of the space industry?

Hi. I am a computer engineer from India. I have always wanted to make a career in astronomy/space. I am aware there are basically two paths: The phd path through which I become an astronomer but working in academia doesn't attract me so much, I am also aware that there aren't many positions...

#rockets #datascience #space #astronomy #astronomers #astrophysics #technology #isu

Gabriel P.’s Avatar
Gabriel P. Sep 01, 2017 309 views

What is the best way to get a job at NASA?

I am planning on majoring in Astronomy and Astrophysics in college and I would like to know the best way to get a job at NASA. #astronomy #astrophysics...

#nasa

Cody B.’s Avatar
Cody B. Jan 16, 2018 206 views

Research opportunities for physics/astronomy?

What kind of jobs can I get into after college that will allow me to research astrophysics/astronomy? I don't want to teach, I'd rather research and publish scientific papers. #astrophysics #science #physics #research...

#astronomy

Cody B.’s Avatar
Cody B. Jan 16, 2018 256 views

How can I find internships to get ahead in astrophysics research?

I want to become an astrophysicist and would like to find internships to pursue during summers while out of school. Also any other kinds of physics research would be nice as well. #physics #astrophysics #science...

#astronomy

Jada Rogue S.’s Avatar
Jada Rogue S. Jan 22, 2018 268 views

Should I strive to be competitive at the expense of my own happiness?

I'm a high school junior that has straight A's and I'm involved in many extracurricular activities. I have a goal to become a rocket engineer because I excel in math, however, I sometimes think that I'd be much happier being a gardener or a janitor. #engineering #environmental-engineering...

#astrophysics #gardening #math #rocket-science

Anthony M.’s Avatar
Anthony M. Jan 15, 2018 319 views

What are good astrophysics schools?

I want to go to a college that will help me get the best education in astrophysics, and I’ve been having trouble finding schools that would be good to study this. #astrophysics #college-selection #astronomy #career...

Anthony M.’s Avatar
Anthony M. Jan 15, 2018 362 views

Is astrophysics a good career field to try to enter in the 21st century?

I am very interested in astrophysics but I am afraid that after I receive my degree in it that I will be unable to find employment. #astrophysics #career #career-path...

#astronomy

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 08, 2017 395 views

What technical institutes also have good theater opportunities?

I'm looking to go into physics/astrophysics, but I'm also an avid theatrical actor. Are there any universities that are strong in both? #college #theater #physics #astrophysics #college-selection #college-major...

#college-advice

Antonio M.’s Avatar
Antonio M. May 20, 2016 282 views

What types of pathways and experiences in Aerospace/Astronautical Engineering can you assist with?

this is the field that I am going into and I know I as well as others would rather get the main information i need as quickly as possible. #college #science #aerospace #astrophysics...

#astronautical

Braden B.’s Avatar
Braden B. Oct 31, 2016 412 views

In college, I was planning on pursuing a double major. I was planning on obtaining a PhD in astrophysics and a bachelors in robotics engineering. I was wondering: how hard would this be and would it even be possible?

I was planning on obtaining this degree so I would have a back-up plan in life. If one career fell through, I could rely on the other. I find both subjects really interesting to me and I would like to make possible careers out of them. In the best case scenario, I could possibly find a career...

#robotics-engineer #double-major #astrophysics #physics #robotics

Braden B.’s Avatar
Braden B. Oct 31, 2016 417 views

I was planning on majoring in Astrophysics in college with a PhD, but the college I was planning on attending does not offer astrophysics as a major. However, they offer physics as a major and have astrophysics as a minor. Is it the same?

I am asking this question because it will ultimately determine my future. I was planning on majoring in astrophysics because I find the subject matter simply fascinating. The reason why I have my heart set on this particular college is because I was planning on obtaining a double major, a...

#astrophysics #double-major #physics #science-phd

madison J.’s Avatar
madison J. Oct 28, 2016 499 views

how do I become an astronomer?

I've always loved learning about stars, planets, black holes, gravitational waves, galaxies, any space stuff. but is this a practical career in any way? besides working for NASA, what viable paths are there for a degree in astronomy or astrophysics? is this something i should relegate simply to...

#astrophysics #astronaut #astronautics #astronomy

Kendralyn M.’s Avatar
Kendralyn M. Oct 27, 2016 474 views

What are "worthwhile" contributions that I could make to today's society as an astrophysicist?

I want to get a doctorate in astrophysics but I don't want to do all of this work and spend all of this money/ pay off loans for several years if I can't do something worthwhile with it. #stem #women-in-stem #astrophysics #stem-education...

#stemcareers

Kendralyn M.’s Avatar
Kendralyn M. Oct 27, 2016 403 views

Why is it hard to find an affordable college or university that offers an undergraduate astrophysics program?

I'm a senior in high school who wants to major in astrophysics and work in that field. The only colleges/universities that I can find that offer Astrophysics are really really expensive and I don't want to pay off loans for the rest of my life. #stem #women-in-stem...

#astrophysics

Erica P.’s Avatar
Erica P. Oct 23, 2016 518 views

What happens in the daily life of a physicist?

I want to major in physics and want to know what to expect. #physics #astronomy...

#astrophysics

Prabhash B.’s Avatar
Prabhash B. Jul 29, 2016 691 views

What are the requirements for becoming an astronaut

I am a student and want to become an astronaut. #engineering #science #physics #astronomy #astrophysics #astronaut...

#astrobiology

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Jul 19, 2016 465 views

Is it better to attend a smaller or larger university?

I am interested in pursuing astrophysics and computer science. The colleges I'm looking at with appealing programs in those fields range from CalTech to Penn State. If it does come down to a decision, what is your opinion on larger vs. smaller institutions? The former tends to have better...

#computer-science #astrophysics #physics #astronomy

CHLOE mgr H.’s Avatar
CHLOE mgr H. Jun 24, 2016 889 views
Chase B.’s Avatar
Chase B. May 20, 2016 381 views
Carter W.’s Avatar
Carter W. May 18, 2016 1005 views

What jobs are available to Theoretical Astrophysicists and where are they most commonly located?

I am a high school senior, and will attend a four-year college starting in the fall with declared majors in Physics and Astronomy. My ultimate goal is to earn a PhD in Theoretical Astrophysics. Rather than performing research, per se, I like to think and to be around those who have the...

#theoretical #astrophysics #phd #science #physics #space