Career Questions tagged College Choice

Morgan L.’s Avatar
Morgan L. Oct 23, 2020 276 views

Does choosing a private versus public college make that big of a difference?

The two main colleges I'm looking towards as I graduate are similar in most aspects except one; public versus private. Does this make a difference in the quality of education I'm receiving, or just the price? college privatecollege public college...

college-choice

Morgan L.’s Avatar
Morgan L. Oct 23, 2020 238 views

I am a 12th grader looking to choose her career path, but I am stuck between two very different routes; agricultural/animal sciences, or art? How should I go about making this big decision?

Throughout high school, I've been interested in both science and art for a potential career path. I've been able to narrow my search to animal/agricultural sciences, or game design/animation. Is there any way to combine these interests into a future path? If not, what would be a smarter...

animator college-choice art career-paths agriculture science

Chanvichheka L.’s Avatar
Chanvichheka L. Jan 16, 2018 431 views

How do i know if the college im going to is right for me?

What if the college I'm going to has programs and classes that will benefit me, but doesn't have what I need for my future? college-advice college college-choice choosing-a-college...

academic-advising

Vicky R.’s Avatar
Vicky R. Jan 16, 2018 350 views

Does it matter where I do my undergraduate degree?

I am conseidering if to stay in my country for my undergraduate degree or to go abroad to a higher ranking school to pursue it. college undergraduate...

college-choice

Lok Yin C.’s Avatar
Lok Yin C. Feb 24, 2018 398 views

Is GPA important?

I am an undergraduate student majoring in Urban Studies. I am now taking a course, which is Urban Economics Studies Since I didn't study economics in High School, I don't really understand in it. Also, I find myself more interested in Spatial planning, but not in urban economics. So should I...

interest urban-planning college-choice urban-studies studying-tips career-development urban-design gpa

Liam C.’s Avatar
Liam C. Jan 18, 2018 438 views

Is it better to go in or out of state for college/university?

I am psychologically set on furthering my education out of my home state at a four-year university, but is there any disadvantages in doing this besides out-of-state tuition? Advantages? university career-path workforce-planning college-advice...

college-choice

Dorcas H.’s Avatar
Dorcas H. May 05, 2016 592 views

What are the best schools in Texas?

I don't really want to leave Texas so I want to make sure I go to the best one. college...

college-choice

Akampreet K.’s Avatar
Akampreet K. Oct 12, 2016 432 views

As a childhood Education major, I am confused on whether to go to Hunter, City, or Queens College. How should I narrow down my choices?

I am about to attend a 4-year soon but not sure which one I want to go to definitely. Queens College is my 1st but Hunter/City are good choices as well. How should I make the best decision? college college-admissions college-selection...

college-choice

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Sep 16, 2016 942 views

How do you choose the college that is right for you?

I am a junior in high school and am preparing to go to college. I was just wondering how I can choose a college out of all of the colleges that have already accepted me. I have not started applying to colleges just yet, but before it's too late, I want to learn how to pick the right college for...

college-choice college college-applications

Lauren N.’s Avatar
Lauren N. May 25, 2016 593 views

What is the most important thing to keep in mind when choosing a college?

Choosing a college seems scary to me. I don't want to make a decision and end up going to a school where I don't fit. students...

college-choice

Daria K.’s Avatar
Daria K. May 22, 2016 501 views

Is it worth choosing a choosing a college with a lower-quality degree program because it has extracurriculars a school with a higher-quality degree program does not?

I'm looking at schools with good engineering programs because that is my intended major. However, extracurriculars like choral and theatrical groups are highly important to me as well. Is it worth forgoing a school like MIT just because MIT's extracurriclars are lacking? extracurriculars...

college-choice

Madison B.’s Avatar
Madison B. Jan 21, 2016 674 views

what college do you go to for Aflac , and what courses?

It is career week at school and I hope that you can get back to me in like......30 min. btw it is 10: 30 on a thursday of 1-21-16 college career-plan...

college-choice