Career Questions tagged College Applications

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. May 17 46 views

What are the different types of college applications? Like, early action versus early decision

I'm in high school hoping to go into either a health or law profession after college. I am currently undecided about which university I want to go to and what my major will be. #college...

#college-applications

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. May 17 53 views

What's the most important part of a college application?

#college-applications

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. May 17 58 views

How do I write a college application essay? How do I describe myself or my background or my interests if I'm only in high school and haven't had many profound experiences?

#college-applications

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. May 12 80 views
Kelly T.’s Avatar
Kelly T. Oct 25, 2019 112 views
Breanna E.’s Avatar
Breanna E. Apr 12, 2018 260 views

What is the best school to attend to pursue orthodontics ?

This is a important question because this is the occupation I want in the #orthodontist #orthodontics #teeth #college #college-applications...

#rankings

McKinley M.’s Avatar
McKinley M. Apr 06, 2018 212 views

College Recommendations?

What are some of the best colleges to go to if I want to become an #archaeologist? #archaeology #college #college-applications...

#college-selection

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jan 20, 2018 294 views

What is the best way to stand out on applications?

My dream school is Harvard Medical School. The school is extremely competitive of course and I would like to know what to do in the next four years of my undergrad in order to stand out in the application process. -school #medicine #hospital-and-healthcare #healthcare #college...

#college-applications

Caislyn I.’s Avatar
Caislyn I. Jan 18, 2018 194 views

Is there anything else I should do before applying to schools?

I do everything that I can: I’m taking nine classes this semester, I’m in two leadership programs, I’m the lead singer of my church’s worship band, I’m in charge of a charity, I’m on the construction crew for my schools drama department, I play sports, I have a 3.6 GPA, plus more. #college...

#college-applications #college-preparation

Sohaib A.’s Avatar
Sohaib A. Mar 18, 2018 291 views

Does NHS matter?

At my school, there are a bunch of kids who are in NHS, and they are always praised for their service. When I look at the members, there are some really smart kids in there, but most of them are average students. So my question is, does NHS matter? #nhs #nationalhonorsociety #resume #honors...

#college-applications

Darlie C.’s Avatar
Darlie C. Oct 24, 2018 242 views
Madaline M.’s Avatar
Madaline M. Aug 05, 2018 248 views

How could I make my application look appealing to my dream college?

I want to go to Western Washington University #application...

#college-applications

Robre'ana H.’s Avatar
Robre'ana H. Aug 09, 2018 255 views

Should I still apply to my dream school even though my SAT score isn’t up to par? If so, how can I make my application stand out to the admissions committee?

My SAT scores are below average for my dream college, however, my GPA, community service, and extra curricular activities are great. #college #school #high-school-classes #college-applications #vanderbilt...

#university

Kim Z.’s Avatar
Kim Z. Jan 22, 2018 216 views

What do you need to apply to schools outside of your country?

I want to consider going to school outside the country just to do a little exploring and I want to see new places. #livelife #study-abroad #international-student...

#college-applications

Makenzie O.’s Avatar
Makenzie O. Aug 03, 2018 188 views

Medical School Advice

I have an okay GPA (3.51) and an okay MCAT score (497). My extracurricular activities, awards, volunteer work, and other activities are extremely good. How good are my chances of making into a medical school? Any advice to make me a stronger applicant? #medschool #pre-med...

#college-applications

Cameron R.’s Avatar
Cameron R. Jan 18, 2018 239 views

How do I tell my parents that I didn't make it into my dream school?

I was really excited to go and we spent a lot of time and money on visits and making arrangements in case I was accepted. Now I didn't even make it through the first round of applicants. I don't know how to bring it up to my parents without making it sound like it isn't a big deal....

#college-applications #rejection #college-rejection #rejectionlettersareactuallyarealthing

Anna L.’s Avatar
Anna L. Jul 09, 2018 370 views

How will I be able to get into Johns Hopkins University?

Hello! My name is Anna and I am a sophmore by the time summer break ends. I was wondering if I can do anything, or should do anything in particular to be able to get accepted into John Hopkins. I would want to be a doctor if you were wondering by the way! Any tips, and information about John...

#college #academic-advising #johns-hopkins #college-applications #applying-to-college #medicine #jhu

Abbygayle S.’s Avatar
Abbygayle S. Jul 10, 2018 195 views

Senior year tips?

It’s my last year of high school and I’m beginning to seriously look into colleges. My previous years were not too hot, any suggestions and helpful tips to do better for college applications? #senioryear #college #seniortips #high-school #college-applications...

#applications

Shelby C.’s Avatar
Shelby C. Jul 10, 2018 191 views
Jacoby B.’s Avatar
Jacoby B. Jan 17, 2018 263 views

How can one create an original voice in applying for college?

When students are applying for college, most have the same mindset of haveing to use “loaded language”. How can I single myself out even if I feel all options are taken.#college #college-admissions #college-applications...

#writing

Cecila D.’s Avatar
Cecila D. Jan 17, 2018 313 views

Who should I ask for letters of recommendation?

For a multitude of #scholarships, I have been asked to provide letters of #recommendation and I am at a loss for who I should ask. I am a wrestler and pole vaulter but I have little faith in my coaches ability to draw up a well-written letter that would help my case. I am not involved in any...

#college-applications #references #academic-advising #career-development