Career Questions tagged Stem Education

Amanda R.’s Avatar
Amanda R. Apr 18, 2018 336 views

What professions would it be helpful to have a dual major in computer science and mathematics?

I'm wanting a dual major in computer science and mathematics. What kind of jobs will want or appreciate both of these degrees? I'm also minoring in education. #stem #stem-education #java #math #mathematics #computer-science #computer-programming #education #teaching #teacher...

#dualmajor

Amanda R.’s Avatar
Amanda R. Apr 18, 2018 264 views

Is a dual major in Computer Science and Math a good combination?

I'm currently graduating from community college, ready to transfer to the university. My associates will be in Java. Are math and computer science a good dual major? I'm also minoring in education. #stem #stem-education #java #math #mathematics #computer-science #computer-programming...

#education #teacher #teaching #dualmajor

Ashley B.’s Avatar
Ashley B. Jan 21, 2018 242 views

What is it like being a woman in STEM?

I’m considering going into a STEM career & majoring in STEM in college but I’ve heard it’s hard being a woman and finding a career in it because of the male dominant community. #women-in-stem #stem-education...

Martin K.’s Avatar
Martin K. Jan 16, 2018 275 views

I would like to participate in a Summer STEM program prior to attending college in the Fall of 2018. Do you have any programs that I can attend

Looking for STEM programs to enhance my love of mathematics. I plan to become a Secondary Education Teacher and later a Superintendent . I would love as much exposure to STEM as possible. #stem-education #stem...

#mathematics

Martin K.’s Avatar
Martin K. Jan 16, 2018 316 views
Kieta M.’s Avatar
Kieta M. Oct 12, 2017 348 views

How to prepare for a bioengineering major?

I'm a senior in high school who is interested in majoring in biomedical engineering. I attend an art school that is a little low on resources for students interested in STEM. I have taken all the math and science offered by my school but still don't really prepared for college level math and...

#stem #biomedical #college-advice #stemcareers #college-major #stem-education #college #biomedical-engineering #bioengineering

Riki C.’s Avatar
Riki C. Oct 28, 2016 389 views

How do you know if becoming an engineer is the right career field? What signs give assurance?

I am truly in love with math and science. Both of these topics come natural to me and I would like to pursue a career that uses both of these areas. I feel that engineering encompasses these two things, but I am unsure if it is right for me. My mom is an electrical engineer for both Consumers...

#decision-making #stem-education #signs #college #engineering #college-bound #undecided

Jacques F.’s Avatar
Jacques F. Oct 31, 2016 372 views

What is most exhilarating about doing research in college?

I am going to try to do a lot of research in college, and I was just wondering what others thought about it. #engineering #stem-education...

#renewable-energy

elissa G.’s Avatar
elissa G. Oct 31, 2016 410 views

STEM Questions and Concerns

Since engineering is such a broad field of study, how would you find the type of engineering for you? #engineering #stem...

#stem-education

Riki C.’s Avatar
Riki C. Oct 28, 2016 370 views

Is it better to apply to a specific engineering major and later switch or start as general engineer major and move to a more specific field of study?

I am trying to fill out college applications and am uncertain in what I should enter as my major choice. Is there a specific advantage in choosing one path over the other? My goal is not to see how much debt I collect, but to use college as a useful tool to become successful in life. I feel...

#mathematics #engineering #science #stem-education

Ananta S.’s Avatar
Ananta S. Oct 27, 2016 413 views

Are there any fields in STEM that are rare to choose?

Career searching is an important tool for people to reach their dream professions. #engineering #career #medicine #career-choice #architecture #women-in-stem...

#stem-education

Kayla H.’s Avatar
Kayla H. Oct 27, 2016 303 views

How are STEM schools different from regular universities? Are they geared specifically towards STEM skills or are you learning other things as well?

I want to have a major in biomedical engineering but I also want to learn other things. I also want to major in Spanish. I love the language and I want to continue my study in college as well. #engineering #spanish...

#stem-education

Luz M.’s Avatar
Luz M. Oct 27, 2016 556 views

When you deside to be an engineer, where would be the best option to study abroad?

I want to pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering and my goal is to use my degree to better help someone other than the United States. I know many colleges offer a study abroad program and require it many times for engineers. Where would be the best place where I can use my mechanical...

#helping-others #helping-people #women-in-stem #mechanical-engineering #study-abroad #stem-education #engineering

Kendralyn M.’s Avatar
Kendralyn M. Oct 27, 2016 475 views

What are "worthwhile" contributions that I could make to today's society as an astrophysicist?

I want to get a doctorate in astrophysics but I don't want to do all of this work and spend all of this money/ pay off loans for several years if I can't do something worthwhile with it. #stem #women-in-stem #astrophysics #stem-education...

#stemcareers

Faith T.’s Avatar
Faith T. Oct 26, 2016 379 views

Does doing well in classes not specific to majors important?

I am a math/science based person, and i cannot do as well in history and literature/language. Will this affect me in the long run? #stem #women-in-stem...

#stem-education

Alexis B.’s Avatar
Alexis B. Oct 19, 2016 306 views

Is it possible to retire at a younger age than most while in this career field? If so, what needs to be completed or maintained?

I'm asking because I plan on being successful in my earlier years of adulthood and would like the spend the remaining time of my life discovering the wonders of the world and traveling....

#stem-education

stephany D.’s Avatar
stephany D. Sep 16, 2016 459 views

What colleges have a good STEM program?

college applications coming out soon and i want an idea of where to apply #engineering #science #mathematics #women-in-stem...

#stem-education

Kassidy T.’s Avatar
Kassidy T. May 16, 2016 655 views

As a woman in a STEM career, am I more likely to get hired by an employer?

I was wondering how it compares for different genders. #stem #women-in-stem...

#stem-education