Career Questions tagged Bioengineering

Tony P.’s Avatar
Tony P. Oct 03, 2019 58 views

What is the best degree level for bioengineering?

I'm considering a career in bioengineering. From my research, the absolute minimum degree level is a bachelor's degree. If I want to make medical advancements in the field, will a bachelor's suffice, or will I have to look on to a higher degree? #biology #science #degree #medicine...

#bioengineering #engineering #healthcare

Tony P.’s Avatar
Tony P. Oct 03, 2019 51 views

Bioengineers: how long did it take to find work when you graduated?

I am considering a career in bioengineering, and I'm interested in how long it took graduates to find work in the field. #science #bioengineering #engineering #biology #stem #career...

#medicine

Tony P.’s Avatar
Tony P. Oct 03, 2019 54 views

What do bioengineers do on a day-by-day basis?

I'm considering going to college for bioengineering, and I am curious as to what the typical workday looks like for those in the field. #science #bioengineering #engineering #medicine...

#biology

Emilie T.’s Avatar
Emilie T. Feb 11, 2019 168 views

Are any biomedical engineers willing to take the time to answer my interview questions below?

Hello, my name is Emilie and I am working on a project involving biomedical engineering. I was wondering if any biomedical engineer who is currently working as a biomedical engineer was willing to answer my questions. If you know anyone who is a bioengineer please contact them about my...

#bioengineering #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #engineering

Yelizaveta A.’s Avatar
Yelizaveta A. Jan 17, 2018 249 views

How to narrow down your field ?

I'm majoring in Bio-engineering but it's such a big field that I'm not entirely sure of what subset I want to go into. I really like genetics and animals are there any possible fields that would involve those ? #bioengineering #engineering #college-major #stem #academic-advising...

#career-advice

Carina P.’s Avatar
Carina P. Apr 18, 2018 266 views

What is the competition for Biomedical Engineering jobs in the state of Florida?

I want to go into biomedical engineering, but I’m not sure how easy it would be to find a job in Florida. #florida #engineering #bioengineering #job #biomedicalengineering...

#question

Theodore L.’s Avatar
Theodore L. Mar 26, 2018 269 views

What jobs can I enter with a Bioengineering Degree?

I plan to enter the #college of #engineering with a major in Biological engineering but I can't help but feel I am missing something.#college-advice...

#bioengineering

Ellie B.’s Avatar
Ellie B. Mar 15, 2018 217 views

What is the best major to go for stem cell/tissue engineering?

My end goal is stem cell and tissue engineering, but I don't know which major is best for me to take and learn the most for it. I've researched for a while now and have gathered that I can choose from ChemE with Bio electives, Materials Science, or Bioengineering. I just want to work in...

#bioengineering #tissue-engineering #college-major #materials-science #biology #stem-cells #chemical-engineering #stem

Adriana L.’s Avatar
Adriana L. Jan 17, 2018 386 views

What career paths are available with a biomedical engineering degree?

I want to study biomedical engineering but I do not want to end up in a hospital for work #engineering #biomedical #biomed...

#bioengineering

Yekaterina Z.’s Avatar
Yekaterina Z. Jan 16, 2018 296 views

How can I get in contact with people in the profession I'm considering?

I have wanted to become a biomedical engineer for many years, but there are many times when I wonder whether I would truly thrive in this career. I would love to shadow a biomedical engineer, especially as I want to declare my major in college as soon as possible. Is it rude or unacceptable for...

#bioengineering #hungry-for-info #biomedical #bioengineer #biotechnology #biomedical-engineering #choosing-a-major

Kieta M.’s Avatar
Kieta M. Oct 12, 2017 357 views

How to prepare for a bioengineering major?

I'm a senior in high school who is interested in majoring in biomedical engineering. I attend an art school that is a little low on resources for students interested in STEM. I have taken all the math and science offered by my school but still don't really prepared for college level math and...

#stem-education #bioengineering #college-advice #college-major #biomedical-engineering #stemcareers #biomedical #stem #college

Gabriela W.’s Avatar
Gabriela W. May 04, 2016 515 views
Lisa K.’s Avatar
Lisa K. May 14, 2016 394 views

What careers are open to me after I graduate with a bachelor's in Bioengineering?

I will major in bioengineering with a specialty in biomedical engineering #college #science #biomedical-engineering...

#bioengineering

hazel W.’s Avatar
hazel W. Apr 04, 2017 517 views

what is the scope for biotechnology?

i want to know how the career opportunities will be like 10 years from now. i am looking for career after i take up BSc. (and not BTech)biotechnology. plps answer fast #biology #career-counseling #career-choice #biotechnology #molecular-biology #future-careers #bioengineering...

#research-and-development

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Apr 02, 2017 479 views

If I want to do research, is a degree in bioengineering necessary?

I'm interested in becoming a researcher in the field of biomedicine, but I'm not sure if I would need to get a BA or Master's in bioengineering in order to do that. #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical-engineer #biomedical-science...

#bioengineering

Caitlyn V.’s Avatar
Caitlyn V. Oct 31, 2016 440 views

I'm considering a career in biomedical engineering but I have heard a little bit about biomathmatics. Is it possible to integrate biomathmatics into a BME career?

I've always been good at math and science. I participated in Moody's Math Challenge last year and really enjoyed the experience. Math comes easy to me. I enjoy adding science into the equation as well as science fascinates me but I find it more challenging, therefore I want to find a career...

#mathematics #bioengineering #bioinformatics #data-science

Yoshi G.’s Avatar
Yoshi G. Oct 18, 2016 287 views

Are there a lot of prospective job opportunities for bioengineers?

I'm a senior in high school and interested in bioengineering, but I've heard many negative opinions about going into bioengineering because of the lack of job opportunities. I heard many students end up going to grad school to study a different branch of engineering. So, is it worth it to go...

#bioengineering #engineering

Sean D.’s Avatar
Sean D. Aug 22, 2016 382 views

Biochemical Engineering from Biochemistry Degree

I'm about to enter my final year of a BSc Biochemistry degree in the UK. I would really like to go on to become a biochemical engineer but i'm not sure exactly what further study (if any) or graduate program that I would need to complete in order to do so. I would also be more than happy to...

#bioengineering #graduate #graduate-recruitment #working-abroad #biochemistry

Noah B.’s Avatar
Noah B. May 19, 2016 516 views

What's the difference between bio-engineering and bio-medical engineering?

I would like to venture into the field of bio-medical engineering and biotechnology but not all colleges offer these programs but some offer a bio-engineering course or degree instead. I was wondering what the main differences were and if I could still get the same jobs with that degree....

#bioengineering #biomedical #biology #biotech #biomedical-engineering #biomedical-engineer

Lisa K.’s Avatar
Lisa K. May 14, 2016 430 views

What are the best locations in the US for bioengineers or biomedical engineers?

I want to find a location where I would be happy to live as well as have a good job. #biomedical-engineer...

#bioengineering

andy S.’s Avatar
andy S. May 14, 2016 581 views

Mathematics and biomedical?

To my understanding (from whart highschool teachers have told me) engineering takes alot of mathematics to be able to do well. Is this true? and if so, how much is mathematics actually applied in biomedical engineering? I absolutely love math and it's subtopics. And it is one of the reasons why...

#mathematics #bioengineering #biomedical #premed

Gabriela W.’s Avatar
Gabriela W. May 04, 2016 673 views

Do bio engineers have weekends off? Is it all work all the time or is there time for a family when the time comes?

I am currently a high school senior who is planning on majoring in bio engineering in the fall. I am asking this question because I like to think ahead and I was just curious. #engineer #women-in-stem...

#bioengineering

Gabriela W.’s Avatar
Gabriela W. May 04, 2016 487 views

Is it worth pursing a degree in bio engineering? Is it hard to find a job after college?

I am currently a high school senior who is going to be majoring in bio engineering in the fall. I am not sure if I should major in bio engineering or civil engineering. #engineer #civil-engineering...

#bioengineering

David V.’s Avatar
David V. Jul 23, 2015 797 views

If I had a B.Pharm degree, what would I do next if I wanted to do biochemical engineering/chemical engineering?

Okay, so basically I'm in my second year of the B.Pharm degree. I want to finish the degree. What would be my next step? In the end I want to do research in a direction that would incorporate biochemical engineering into my knowledge of medicines. To put it into perspective; I wouldn't mind...

#drug-discovery #bioengineering #chemical-engineering #drug-development #organic-chemistry #biochemistry