what is the scope for biotechnology?

i want to know how the career opportunities will be like 10 years from now. i am looking for career after i take up BSc. (and not BTech)biotechnology. plps answer fast #biology #career-counseling #career-choice #biotechnology #molecular-biology #future-careers #bioengineering #research-and-development

4

Herman’s Answer

Hi Hazel,

There are many opportunities in Biotechnology, and I think it will continue to grow in the next 10 years. I personally work in biotechnology, specifically in pharmaceuticals, specializing in running clinical trials. I oversee projects where new medicines are tested in humans in controlled settings to see if the drugs safe or efficacious. There are also opportunities in research and development, supply chain, manufacturing, engineering, quality, and more.

Best,
Herman

1

Spruce’s Answer

I think the biotechnology field over the next 10 years is going to continue to explode. Pick something that you really enjoy and you could probably work anywhere in the world at a high salary. Personally, I had to retire because of progressive multiple sclerosis. What I think I need are not prosthetics but an exoskeleton. But you pick what you want to do and you'll be great.

1

MADERA’s Answer

The scope of biotechnology continues to grow and change. Essentially, it covers applied and investigative applications/sciences. Both applied and investigative may offer product suites that include hardware, chemistry and software solutions.

Applied sciences will focus on products such as testing kits/panels such as H1NI testing or blood panels your doctor will run. Investigative sciences will focus on products that enable research into understanding pathways, genes, etc. Products such as PCR or sequencing.

I recommend to review the website of companies which label themselves biotechnology and life sciences. Look at the types of products they offer, what do the products do, who is the target audience? Etc. What a company specializes in and offers will vary of course. Do not get to focused on the word biotechnology vs life sciences. Instead understand the scientific challenges/questions the products are designed to answer/assist with.

MADERA recommends the following next steps:

I recommend to review the website of companies which label themselves biotechnology and life sciences. Look at the types of products they offer, what do the products do, who is the target audience?
See to understand the scientific challenges/questions the products are designed to answer/assist with.

0