What is a good education pathway for a career in neuroprosthetics?

I am currently a student planning to major in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Neuroscience in hopes of being competitive in the neuroengineering industry. Specifically, I want to work developing neuroprosthetics. For anyone working in the field, do you have any advice for getting a foot in the door to this industry? I would especially appreciate recommendations for colleges with good neuroengineering programs, internship and research opportunities, or co-ops, as well as information about companies active in the field (in the US).

#internships #career #neuroscience #neuroengineering #career-development #career-counseling #prosthetics #neuroprosthetics #neuralprosthetics #neurorobots #neuroelectronics #bioengineering #biomedicalengineering
#engineering #college #biotech

3

Abhinav’s Answer

I would agree with what Biraj Shrestha had said. Biomedical Engineering is a good pathway to begin your career as a neurologist. If you can, you should also take certain online courses available that have been verified, relating to neuroprosthetics or neurology. Getting summer internships, research opportunities, or volunteering opportunities for hands-on learning experiences are valuable but are based on your location and how far you are willing to travel, to be able to work there. I would also recommend searching for colleges that have majors/minors in Electrical Engineering and have minors relating to biology or neurology. You can visit virtual fairs on your computer or simply go to the colleges' websites. If there is a STEM program that is available for you to join, try to participate in that. This research you must do yourself since you wouldn't be responsible for the work someone else put in to give you opportunities. I appreciate you asking the question and I hope to see you ask more about your interests again!

0

Biraj’s Answer

Biomedical Engineering might be a good choice for you. But, not necessary. Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering might be just as useful. Find a University where there is a research lab working in this study area and try to get hands-on learning from there during getting your undergraduate or graduate degree.

0