Career Questions tagged Biomedical Engineer

Kostas T.’s Avatar
Kostas T. Oct 19, 2020 100 views
Rhea K.’s Avatar
Rhea K. Apr 22, 2018 697 views

With the field of biomedical engineering, are there any problems being a girl?

I heard that in most STEM fields, being a girl means you earn less, there are less opportunities, not as many companies believe girls are capable, girls are of less value. I wanted more information if this was a myth or if it was true and how it might be a bad decision to go into this field....

#biomedical #biomedical-engineering #biomedical-engineer #career-in-the-field-of-biomedical-engineering

Marcela M.’s Avatar
Marcela M. May 17, 2016 508 views

What are the best classes to take when going into Biomedical Engineering?

I want to go into biomedical engineering. I am still a senior in high school and I'm deciding which classes are best to take for this major this upcoming fall at Georgia southern. #science #engineer #classes #biomedical-engineer...

#engeneering

Adriana C.’s Avatar
Adriana C. May 10, 2016 462 views

What is the prevalence of biomedical engineering jobs in the health care community?

I am interested in health care and am majoring in biomedical engineering. #medicine #healthcare #biomedical-engineer...

#physicians

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Apr 02, 2017 576 views

If I want to do research, is a degree in bioengineering necessary?

I'm interested in becoming a researcher in the field of biomedicine, but I'm not sure if I would need to get a BA or Master's in bioengineering in order to do that. #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical-engineer #biomedical-science...

#bioengineering

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 12, 2017 1186 views

What does a biomedical engineer do on a daily basis?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. #engineering #biomedical-engineering #biomedical-engineer...

#biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017 429 views

Can I still do biomedical research with a degree in biochemistry?

I'm interested in becoming a biomedical scientist. Would I need to get a Bachelor's Degree in biomedical science only, or would biochemistry allow me to work in that industry as well? #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #medical-research #biomedical-engineer...

#biomedical-science

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017 725 views

How did you go about becoming a biomedical engineer?

I'm still in high school and am interested in pursuing biomedical engineering as career. #biomedical-engineering...

#biomedical-engineer

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 19, 2017 618 views

Is a PhD required to get a good job in the biomedical field?

This is a bit of a general question, but I'm interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, research, or science. I've heard that there is much competition and that a lot of experience is required to get a job in this field. #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

#science-phd #medical-research #biomedical-science #biomedical-engineer

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 19, 2017 586 views

What are the steps required to become a biomedical scientist?

I'm a sophomore in high school and am not fully sure of the prerequisites needed to pursue a career in biomedical science. For example, what would I need to major in in college? Should I get a PhD or Master's? #science #college-major #biology #research #biomedical-engineering #medical-research...

#biomedical-engineer #biomedical-science

Cameron F.’s Avatar
Cameron F. Oct 25, 2016 660 views

What is the most complicated or most interesting design you have had to make as a biomedical engineer?

I want to learn more about the various types of products biomedical engineers create and the scope that these products reach. #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #biomedical-engineer...

#biomedical-science

Cameron F.’s Avatar
Cameron F. Oct 25, 2016 549 views

What types of products for biomedical engineers create?

I am thinking about becoming a biomedical engineer and I want to learn more about what this job entails. This has always seemed interesting to me and I want to learn more about this occupation. #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

#biomedical-engineer

Kellen L.’s Avatar
Kellen L. Oct 25, 2016 447 views

What are the different and possibly unique career opportunities for someone with a biomedical engineering degree?

I am a high school senior. I plan on pursuing my degree in the field of engineering, but I am struggling with the right discipline. I would like to know some real world applications. #engineering #engineer #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

#biomedical-engineer

Nathan C.’s Avatar
Nathan C. May 27, 2016 508 views

As a Biomedical Engineer, do you typically spend more time working on the computer with models or programs or with prototypes and physical objects?

I am interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering and I wanted to know about this specific aspect of working in the field. #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

#biomedical-engineer

Carlie R.’s Avatar
Carlie R. May 20, 2016 746 views

How do you find inspiration for your next project?

I want to go into biomedical engineering, and I am more on the biology/medicine side of it. I want to do research and invent products that can help others. How does one first think of an incredible idea??? #engineer #research #biomedical-engineering #biomedical-engineer...

#inventor

Noah B.’s Avatar
Noah B. May 19, 2016 586 views

What's the difference between bio-engineering and bio-medical engineering?

I would like to venture into the field of bio-medical engineering and biotechnology but not all colleges offer these programs but some offer a bio-engineering course or degree instead. I was wondering what the main differences were and if I could still get the same jobs with that degree....

#biomedical #biology #biotech #bioengineering #biomedical-engineering #biomedical-engineer

Kayla B.’s Avatar
Kayla B. May 19, 2016 424 views

What is the expected growth in Bio-medical Engineering in 2016?

I am a high school senior and am planning on majoring in Bio-medical engineering in college. #engineering...

#biomedical-engineer

Karolena L.’s Avatar
Karolena L. May 17, 2016 638 views

What are good internships available in Biomedicle Engineering?

I want to receive hands on experience but I can't find any internships for my degree. I would like some help finding internships in Arizona. #professor #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #intern #biomedical-engineer #biotech #biomechanics...

#interns

Karolena L.’s Avatar
Karolena L. May 17, 2016 538 views

What career can I pursue with a Biomedicle Engineering degree?

This degree is what I will be studying coming into college. I want to ask experts in the field what careers I can expect. I would also like Information on what the career entails and what level of degree is needed (masters doctorate). #teaching #teacher #biomedical-engineering #engineering...

#biomedical #chemical-engineering #biomedical-engineer #professors

Marcela M.’s Avatar
Marcela M. May 17, 2016 618 views

Do you need to go to medical school if youre majoring in Biomedical Engineering?

I want to go into Biomedical engineering because I love technology and whats a better way to use it than to help others with it. But im wondering if you need to go to med school still because you are working with people. #medical-school...

#biomedical-engineer

Kassidy T.’s Avatar
Kassidy T. May 16, 2016 655 views

Can you pursue prosthesis under a biomechanics and a biomedical engineering degree?

I am interested in the relationship between biomechanical and a biomedical engineering program and how they contrast. #engineering #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #biomedical-engineer...

#biomechanics

Lisa K.’s Avatar
Lisa K. May 14, 2016 519 views

What are the best locations in the US for bioengineers or biomedical engineers?

I want to find a location where I would be happy to live as well as have a good job. #biomedical-engineer...

#bioengineering

John C.’s Avatar
John C. May 09, 2016 610 views

How much money does a biomedical engineer make annually?

Just curious as I start college and am studying BME #economics #biomedical-engineering...

#biomedical-engineer

Christian T.’s Avatar
Christian T. Feb 16, 2016 623 views

what does a biomedical engineer do

I need to know because im doing a project and I need to know what they do #masters-degree...

#biomedical-engineer