Career Questions tagged Career Plan

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30 66 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

#major #july20 #choosing-a-major #physics #career-choice #college #majors #july #career-plan #career-counseling #computerscience #career #math #careers

Kelly R.’s Avatar
Kelly R. Jul 30 59 views

Which is better to study for a marketing career, psychology or sociology?

If trying to pursue a career in marketing, which courses would be more beneficial, psychology or sociology courses? #july20 #career #future-careers #marketing #career-plan #studies #marketingdegree...

#business

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Jul 20 69 views

What's the best advice you can give to help plan a career rather than just work to keep a job?

I have always envisioned myself having a successful career, except I don't know how to make a plan. I'm in college studying psychology and criminal justice and want to have a career that highlights both of these fields. How do I plan for my future? #career #success #career-counseling...

#future #planning #july20 #advice #psychology #career-path #career-plan #motivation #happiness

Judith O.’s Avatar
Judith O. Aug 30, 2018 313 views
Megan D.’s Avatar
Megan D. Aug 29, 2018 195 views

What specific careers can English majors go into?

I plan to major in English/Writing. I wish to have writing as a major part of my career and was wondering how many different careers fit that description....

#career-plan

Glendon G.’s Avatar
Glendon G. Aug 11, 2018 189 views

What should I consider doing my first year of college, if I am unsure of what career I want to pursue

I'm starting my freshman year of college on August 27. I am 18 years old, and attending Prairie View A&M University. Over the summer I participated in a program at Prairie View, where I earned 6 college credits before the start of the fall semester. I want to make the most out of my first...

#career-plan #career-choice

Raven W.’s Avatar
Raven W. May 30, 2018 170 views

How do you prepare, mentally, for the rigorous demands of the medical field? And at what point in postsecondary schooling and training does it get the worst? When does it lighten up?

As I said in my previous question, I will be a freshman in college next fall. I've known for a while now that I want to pursue a career in the medical field. I work very hard and I am passionate towards what I do, and I have faced a lot of adversity. No one in my family has a career in...

#medicine #career #career-plan

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 343 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

#environmental #phd #career-planning #career-path #masters-degree #career-plan #mastersdegree #environment #environmental-science #career-paths

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Jan 16, 2018 367 views

What are creative ways to have high school students exposed to college majors?

I think it's difficult to figure out what major you want to select for college when you have little to none exposure to those majors. I'm unsure of what I want to do in life. #career-plan development # in high...

Nick K.’s Avatar
Nick K. Jan 17, 2018 219 views

How do I get a great job after graduation?

After graduating, I've seen many folks get minimum wage jobs, what's the best approach to finding a good paying job?...

#career-plan

Kristen O.’s Avatar
Kristen O. Jan 17, 2018 316 views

How does it look to future employers if you work in a different field for a while?

I am hoping to pursue a career in biomedical engineering. However, I will likely work in an electrical product engineering position for a non-biomedical company following graduation. How will biomedical companies I apply for in the future see this? Will this experience help me or will they...

#biomedical-engineering #electrical-engineering #engineering-industry #career-change #biomed #engineering #biotechnology #career-plan #first-job

Kaitlin C.’s Avatar
Kaitlin C. Jan 15, 2018 289 views

What happens if you graduate with your degree and find out that the career you thought you wanted is not for you?

I recently visited and old roommate of mine who graduated last year. She just began her first teaching job at an elementary school and hates everything about it. It made me start to worry that I may graduate next year and go into a career and hate what I do and that the 4 years I spent getting...

#ptsd #career-plan #psychology #career #career-change

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 07, 2017 341 views

Is CV clinic useful in making my own resume?

Wonder whether any of you has found cv clinic or other experts to correct your resume. #career-development #career-plan...

#resume

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Dec 04, 2017 463 views
Alexah R.’s Avatar
Alexah R. Oct 08, 2017 490 views

If I am wanting to start my own orthodontic practice what is my best route to get there?

I am extremely interested in the study of orthodontics and when I become older I am wanting to create my own practice. #orthodontist #orthodontics-practice #orthodontics #career-plan #business-development...

Mathew M.’s Avatar
Mathew M. Aug 26, 2017 574 views

I have a challenge for you today. What are...?

What are the real life job equivalences to jobs like in the movie TheTransporter(2002), Drive(2011)? If you haven't seen the movies here's a quick summary of their jobs: - TheTransporter: Main character delivers packages from point A to point B for the mob. He works by a strict set of rules he...

#career #career-choice #career-planning #career-path #career-development #career-change #job #job-search #job-market #job-coaching #career-plan #career-counseling #jobs #first-job #careers

Kamil D.’s Avatar
Kamil D. Jun 01, 2016 777 views

How do I find relevant work experience if no one is willing to give work experience?

I found that many jobs, even jobs that traditionally were entry level, require previous work experience. Where can one go to find experience when everyone requires experience? #volunteering #career-plan...

#business-networking

David L.’s Avatar
David L. May 28, 2016 701 views

When offered your first job, or a full-time position, what are some important questions to contemplate over before making your acceptance?

My name is David, an Information Technology major, who is not only career-focused, but also eager to know how to make careful, personal decisions as I progress in my career. #jobs #career-choice #career-paths #first-job...

#career-plan

Stephanie N.’s Avatar
Stephanie N. May 28, 2016 578 views

What would you recommend to make the transition from college to career easier?

It's hard to know what will help you get a real world job and experience and things to help get you hired. The only advise I have gotten so far is internships but is that the only thing? #career #career-change...

#career-plan

Mykaelah F.’s Avatar
Mykaelah F. May 27, 2016 643 views

How do you make the choice of loving what you do, and doing the job because you have to?

I asked this question because most adults end up in dead-in jobs. How do you know that you are doing what you love, in order not to end up in a slump. #career #jobs #career-choice #student #graduate #life #career-plan...

#work-ethic

Audrey L.’s Avatar
Audrey L. May 27, 2016 501 views

Which city do you think is the best for a new graduate with a BFA in Film/TV production to begin her career--LA or NYC? I am interested in writing for television as well as making independent films one day.

I have been accepted to a prestigious film school within a major university in NY. I am thinking ahead to summer internships and post-graduation. I know LA is considered the entertainment capital of the world and I'd love to live there for a while. However, I heard that it is incredibly...

#television #career-plan #film

Aylin N.’s Avatar
Aylin N. May 26, 2016 861 views

Is it normal to change your career path when youre already halfway through college?

I have an idea of what i want to do in the future but i dont know what im going to do if i change my mind halfway through college #college #career-choice #career-path #major #career-change...

#career-plan

Alexis G.’s Avatar
Alexis G. May 22, 2016 534 views

Do you have any helpful tips on becoming an animator?

Hello! I'm interested in pursuing a career in animation but I don't have much experience in the field. I was hoping on receiving some helpful advice on what it is like to be an animator. #animation...

#career-plan

Emma D.’s Avatar
Emma D. May 21, 2016 1307 views

Should I Go for a Career that Pays Well or One that I Love?

I grew up in a house where money was always tight and we always depended on someone for financial help. I want to be an artist but I'm scared that I'll be in the same situation forever where I am never secure in my finances. On the other hand, I don't want to be stuck in a job that isn't...

#money #giving-advice #career-plan #career-choice #career-advice

Kahley S.’s Avatar
Kahley S. May 20, 2016 823 views

What can you do with a sociology degree?

I took a sociology class last quarter, and it's been my most favorite out of every class I've taken. I want to study it in college, but what are my career options if I major in sociology? I am currently in high school and am going to a private four-year college this fall. #career #career-path...

#sociology #career-plan #careers

Jacob R.’s Avatar
Jacob R. May 19, 2016 549 views

What to do??

I am trying to decide between studying environmental science and athletic management. What are some pros and cons to each field that you might be able to tell me about. I'm hoping to be introduced to ideas I haven't thought about. #science #management #environmental-science #athletics...

#career-plan

Levi M.’s Avatar
Levi M. May 15, 2016 812 views

What are some things you could do with a Master's in Botany?

Having loved plant life all of my life, I thought that I might be able to make myself a career out of it. So I was wondering what exactly could I do with a master's in Botany? What types of careers are available? What would the daily life include? Would I need to stay in this nation, or would...

#college #job-search #botany #biology #science #career-plan #career #career-paths