Career Questions tagged Counselor

David H.’s Avatar
David H. Jan 24, 2018 528 views

Would it be rude to tell my teacher to stop smoking, if not, how can I put it as gently as possible?

She is an amazing teacher who knows a great deal. She has control of the class and makes learning effective but her breath and classroom smells of cigarettes and coffee. For her well being I want her to stop smoking and in turn help me and my classmates learn better without worrying about...

#education #counselor #school-counseling #education-management #morality #student

Corinne B.’s Avatar
Corinne B. Jan 09, 2018 312 views

How do I know what career is right for me?

I'm lost on finding what career I should go into, I know I'm interested in #psychology but I don't think I want to be a #therapist or...

#counselor

Ramon A.’s Avatar
Ramon A. May 15, 2016 928 views

What are the differences between a club and an intramural sport in regards to their social aspects?

I've heard that a person can meet just as many people through both a club or an intramural sport. But which of these two would result in better recommendations concerning job possibilities, personal connections, etc. (question is directed towards college clubs and intramural sports) #counselor...

#career-counseling #sports #athletics #college #career

Sahira S.’s Avatar
Sahira S. Feb 16, 2015 2235 views

I'm unsure about my future career path

I'm about to enter college or pre uni. All this while, I have been interested in architecture and science-related fields. But lately, many people (even my parents) started telling me to open my options for other careers and courses, because not many universities offer Architecture, and I heard...

#environmental #architectural #counselor #undecided #career-path #sustainable-consumerism #engineering

Cristal L.’s Avatar
Cristal L. May 26, 2016 506 views

Is the best decision to take a gap year before going to college if you are unsure about your career path?

The biggest question I ask myself when thinking about college is if I am going to waste not only my time, but money I do not have if I attend college as an undecided major. One of the greatest pressures high school seniors face is the dilemma of choosing to go straight to college or to opt for...

#education #counselor #undecided #teacher #financial-aid #college

Jasmine W.’s Avatar
Jasmine W. May 23, 2016 553 views

What is the best way to determine if your major is the best major for you?

I recently thought I found the perfect major and minor. I was really excited to finally go from #undecided to declaring my current major/minor, Apparel Merchandising and Product Development/Marketing. I was glad to finally share my decision with family and friends, only to have them make me...

#counselor #academic-advisor

Jasmine W.’s Avatar
Jasmine W. May 23, 2016 600 views

I recently thought I found the perfect major and minor. I was really excited to finally go from undecided to declaring my current major/minor, Apparel Merchandising and Product Development/Marketing. I was glad to finally share my decision with family and friends, only to have them make me...

#career-counseling #counselor #undecided #career #academic-advisor #career-advice

Cassidy P.’s Avatar
Cassidy P. Oct 26, 2016 602 views

Is it really and truly possible to succeed in a solid career and also pursue other dreams in a completely different field such as art?

I really like art, but I don't know if I want to major in it, but I sure don't want to give it up either. I would like a steady and decent paying job but also to keep up with my art skills. #counselor #carter #personal-development...

#art

Valentina  D.’s Avatar
Valentina D. May 19, 2016 498 views

Best website for scholarships?

I would like to save as much money as possible when I go to college. Where should I apply for scholarships? #college #scholarships #counselor #academic-advising #advising...

#advisory-boards

Jorge G.’s Avatar
Jorge G. May 18, 2016 497 views

Where's the cheapest college to become a doctor in the US?

I want to become a doctor to help people with their health issues and save many lives. #doctor #biology #pre-med...

#counselor

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Mar 30, 2017 577 views

When conducting a session with a client in therapy or counseling, what are the limits to where you can meet?

I have heard that some therapists/counselors do house calls (please correct me if I am wrong). Does this mean that the client could come to the counselor's home? What are the rules for this? I've also heard that you can't have a social life outside of the office with clients. Does this mean you...

#therapists #counselor

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Mar 30, 2017 2577 views

What are the average working hours of a counselor? Does it depend on the type or individual? Is there a cut off time?

I want to say that it would be like a 9-5 job because a counselor has to have his/her own time for their life right? I also feel like sometimes clients are in placed in tough positions and see the counselor/ therapist as their only place of comfort. #counselor #therapist #family-therapy...

#marriage-therapist #family-counsleor #marriage-counselor

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Mar 27, 2017 596 views

What is the difference between therapy and counseling?

I always hear and see others referring to marriage counselors or marriage therapists as if they are the same things. No one has ever explained whether the two are the same or two separate occupations. I'd like to be informed so that I know which one I want to pursue more. #psychology #counselor...

#therapists

Dierra R.’s Avatar
Dierra R. Oct 30, 2016 464 views

How will the knowledge one learns, and the experience one has change the lives of other people and create a better community, so there's more unity instead of isolation if someone were to study psychology counseling?

From a person who likes to observe someone's mental mind, how would knowing the mind, and knowing why someone does what they do help them in the future and make them become a better person. How will talking to someone and hearing their problems help you become a better person? How can sympathy...

#counselor #counseling #marriage #worker #high #school #therapy #social

Kathryn L.’s Avatar
Kathryn L. Oct 24, 2016 401 views

Is there a job title where I can be a nurse as well as a counselor?

I've always known that I want to go into the medical field, but lately I've been taking an interest to counseling. #professor #nurse...

#counselor

Katie H.’s Avatar
Katie H. Oct 19, 2016 476 views

What type of internships are available for Kinesiology - Biomechanics majors?

I want to be able to get a wide range of internship experience while I am in college. I don't want to narrow my focus. #career #counselor...

#biomechanics

Bolu  M.’s Avatar
Bolu M. Aug 18, 2016 648 views

I'm an architectural student but I want to cross over to cosmetology

I have always loved the idea of owning a spa but for some reasons I ended up studying architecture. I thought I could still study for cosmetology at least on a minimal level but it turns out architecture is taking all my time. I want to stop studying architecture and focus on what I had in...

#counselor #architecture #business #spa #beautician #cosmetologist

Carmen H.’s Avatar
Carmen H. Jun 27, 2016 484 views

What are the suggestions for writing a cover letter? And, what are the elements that the employers are looking for?

I was trying to apply for an internship position, and it asked me to submit a cover letter, but I didn't know where I should get start with. #professional #counselor #hiring...

#recruiter

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 23, 2016 692 views

What type of education do I need to become a counsellor?

Do I need a degree in psychology? Social work? What type of degree do I need for a career in counselling? #psychology #social-work #counselor #counseling #counselling...

#social-worker

Carmen H.’s Avatar
Carmen H. Jun 22, 2016 824 views

Academic achievements and real-life experience, which is more important?

I can probably say that I am good at academy, but I merely have real-life experience. Some of my friends always tell me that no matter how high GPA I have, without work experience, it is impossible to find a satisfied job after I graduate from college. However, I don't think so, and it doesn't...

#counselor #employer #professor #recruiting

Syeda B.’s Avatar
Syeda B. Jun 20, 2016 562 views

What are the jobs that the high school students can get if they don't have a college degree yet?

My name is Syeda and currently I am working on my associate degree in Biology at Hudson county community college. I want to be a doctor so I wanted to take summer classes this year to get my education completed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I couldn't take them because I didn't have a job...

#counselor #employee #students

Abdul M.’s Avatar
Abdul M. Jun 20, 2016 1295 views
Chanel F.’s Avatar
Chanel F. Jun 16, 2016 653 views

What is the most benificial college for a psychology degree? Also, what degree is the most benificial?

I'm trying to choose a degree in psychology. I am not sure if it would be better to get a higher degree and do more schooling or just an average degree with less schoolling. Also, I am not sure what college would be the best for this degree. I've heard a lot of good news with Wisconsin and...

#psychiatry #counselor #psychology #counselling #mental-health #therapists #therapy #social-work

Jose C.’s Avatar
Jose C. Jun 06, 2016 499 views

What is the best thing to do when switching career?

I am asking this question because I am assure of what career I want to follow and in the case that I choose one but change, I want to know the best option to take....

#counselor

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 02, 2016 3309 views

Can I become a counselor with only a Bachelor's degree?

While I do plan on going for a Master's since I'm hearing that's almost the minimum required level for counselling occupations, I was wondering if it's possible to get a job as a counselor with a Bachelor's? #psychology #counselor #counseling...

#counselling

Mykaelah F.’s Avatar
Mykaelah F. May 27, 2016 541 views

How does the Major you choose affect you in the long run,

Choosing a major is a very important choice when entering college. How does the major you choose in the beginning help you on your career path. #college #teacher #student #graduate #college-bound #majors #counselor...

#college-minor

Wendy R.’s Avatar
Wendy R. May 26, 2016 375 views

Let's say I want to become an environmental engineer and the required degree is a bachelor. Should I go to prestigious school to obtain my bachelors or no?

I am asking this question because I need to know this type of information in order to be successful in college. And it is information needed to be more marketable in the job market. #college #counselor #bachelor #advisor...

#choice

Caitlyn C.’s Avatar
Caitlyn C. May 26, 2016 395 views

What are good scholarships to apply for?

I'm just hoping to help pay for college...

#counselor

Caitlyn C.’s Avatar
Caitlyn C. May 26, 2016 337 views

How do I know what to major in?

I'm just having a hard time deciding what exactly to major in...

#counselor

Sherese B.’s Avatar
Sherese B. May 25, 2016 774 views