Career Questions tagged Skills

Anahi R G.’s Avatar
Anahi R G. Aug 30 27 views

How do you challenge and/or track your welding skills?

My name is Anahi, I am 18 years old with 4 (highschool) years of welding experience. I am currently working on getting my certificates. I believe practicing and tracking your skills is very important, but how exactly can you do that? #welding #career #skills...

#weldernation

Johnathan H.’s Avatar
Johnathan H. Aug 21 17 views
manuel I.’s Avatar
manuel I. Jan 15 198 views
Edalene J.’s Avatar
Edalene J. Dec 05, 2018 102 views

How do you use your skills you got in college in your current career?

I'm currently enrolled in Job Corps, training to be a Medical Administrative Assistant and I want to know some skills I would need to have in order to be a great MAA. #skills #maa...

#career

Ashly A.’s Avatar
Ashly A. Aug 28, 2018 150 views

Writing Skills

Hey, What are some strategies to take good quality notes? Should I highlight, use sticky-notes, or underline? What are some suggestions? Or what do you do to remember key points while reading?...

#skills

Rachel P.’s Avatar
Rachel P. Aug 15, 2018 98 views

What kind of jobs are available to someone with a degree in Chemistry?

I know there are many opportunities, but I want to be sure that they are specifically in my skill range and I want to know what's out there. #student #skills...

#chemistry

Anthony E.’s Avatar
Anthony E. Jul 28, 2018 118 views

What do I need to know to succeed in the field of Economics?

I'm planning on majoring in Economics and I'm looking for advice on what I need to do to be successful. What topics should I focus on in college and what kind of job/internship positions should I apply for both during and after college? #knowledge #skills #career #job...

#economics

Tee A.’s Avatar
Tee A. Jun 12, 2018 241 views

What is the best way to discover skills to put on resume?

I am currently revamping my resume and I want to add some skills for better search optimization. I was wondering how I can discover skills that will be great for my resume. So far, I have looked at the jobs that I have worked and educational experience and used that for inspiration but I'm...

#skills #job #resume

Joshua R.’s Avatar
Joshua R. May 23, 2018 321 views
Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. May 26, 2018 149 views

What are some unique skills a clinical psychologist would have?

I've heard interpersonal skills, patience, and organization, but it would be nice to learn about something that I wouldn't expect but could definetly help me. #psychology...

#skills

Jenny Z.’s Avatar
Jenny Z. Apr 27, 2018 203 views

How can beginner leaders strengthen their skills and qualities needed for their position?

I am interested on taking leadership roles but I am still not confident enough and lack necessary skills. I want to take on more opportunities and learn to communicate better and be more connected with others. #leader...

#skills

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 257 views

Should I take a certification for my second language in order to stay competitive?

I am bilingual but not incredibly strong at the writing or reading side of the language. I wanted to know if this would be putting me at a disadvantage and if I should take initiative to take a certification to prove my skills. #foreign-languages #careers #internships #evaluating-resumes...

#skills #resume

Christina C.’s Avatar
Christina C. Jan 21, 2018 425 views

Do you have to be a 'math person' or a 'science person' to be successful in STEM?

I understand that most anyone can major most anything if they work hard and are persistent. However, it is clear that some of my peers are much quicker with learning concepts within STEM than I am, or it feels like their minds are just wired to do mental math or calculate or work through...

#skills #success #science #choosing-a-major #mathematics #stem

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 664 views

How do you write an outstanding, effective cover letter?

Applying for an internship and was asked to submit a cover letter. What is it and how can you write an effective one? Would really appreciate some examples or guidance. #job #job-search #resume #resume-writing #cover-letters #evaluating-resumes #skills #job-skills #interviewing-skills #career...

#career-path #internship #career-planning #applicant #applying #upcomingintern #apply #internships #intern

Nicholas M.’s Avatar
Nicholas M. Jan 16, 2018 145 views

What experience or insight should I have as trying to become a music major?

Currently I am trying to pursue either Music Therapy or Music Education as a major and just wanted to know some basics behind what skills or things I should have prior. #music #musician #college #professional...

#skills

Martha S.’s Avatar
Martha S. Jan 14, 2018 179 views

What are some important skills needed to be a child psychologist?

Super interested in becoming a child psychologist one day! :) Thx! #psychology #childpsychology...

#skills

Marc Brian M.’s Avatar
Marc Brian M. Jan 10, 2018 238 views

What characteristics/skills are needed in order to be a great nurse?

I want to know this question because I need to know what skills need to be possed in order to be a nurse that is great. #nurse #career...

#skills

Joaquin  P.’s Avatar
Joaquin P. May 18, 2016 513 views

What are some classes I should take in order to increase my knowledge in the law field?

I would like to know what classes I should take when becoming an attorney so that I know what skills I need to improve on. #classes #skills #knowledge #legal #law...

#lawyer

Vivian L.’s Avatar
Vivian L. May 07, 2016 422 views

What skills are compatible with medical care careers?

I want to know what skills I need for a career in medical care. Examples: Organizational skills #career #medical #careers #skills #college...

#healthcare

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Oct 01, 2016 394 views

Is it exceptional to display a portfolio of your skills on your personally made website?

I have heard that creating your own website is quite exceptional, so I was wondering what are the key points people get for being able to accomplish this task. #skills #portfolio #website-creation #personal-development...

#job-application

ronnie V.’s Avatar
ronnie V. Jun 21, 2016 293 views
Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Oct 09, 2016 517 views

Any set of skills that someone should have when pursuing software development?

I was just hoping for someone to answer with a set of skills that someone should already have and then what they will be gaining when pursuing software development. I happen to think software development is interesting, so I was just wondering some stuff about it. #software-engineering...

#skills #software-documentation #software-development #career-details #software-design #personal-development

Diana D.’s Avatar
Diana D. May 18, 2016 360 views
Michaela C.’s Avatar
Michaela C. Jun 11, 2016 641 views

What are some good jobs for someone with strong people skills?

I want to work with people but I don't know what careers could best suit my skillset. #social-work #social #skills #people...

#personal-development

Deborah C.’s Avatar
Deborah C. Feb 11, 2017 453 views

What skills do I need to develop to become a good teacher?

I am in the concurrent Education program at York University. #teacher #school #skills #personal-development...

#development

CIERRA M.’s Avatar
CIERRA M. May 05, 2016 371 views

How Long Do Cosmetologist Have To Stay In Training?

Just asking because I wanna know when will I be able to start experiencing with my customers by myself. #cosmetology #skills...

#cosmetics

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 24, 2016 578 views

What are the most important abilities and skills required for mechanical engineering?

I would like to know what sort of abilities and skills to work on before pursuing mechanical engineering. I want to prepare myself and know what I am doing before anything happens. I like to plan a lot of things out in that sense. I want to know the big picture that is mechanical engineering....

#mechanical-engineering #skills #help #advice #abilties

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Jul 23, 2016 597 views

What is a skill that many people need to improve on?

Employeers, bosses, hiring officals, etc. When you don't hire someone what is a common weakness that a person has that makes you not want them in your company. What is something that a lot of people have in common that they should work on ? #skills #employer...

#common