Career Questions tagged Skills

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Aug 12 72 views
Kelly R.’s Avatar
Kelly R. Jul 30 145 views
Aaron S.’s Avatar
Aaron S. Feb 01 233 views

What are skills that are necessary but often neglected?

I'm a high school student going into college. I've heard that a lot of important skills are neglected to be taught to be taught in school that are invaluable in any job, like presentation skills. #student #personal-development...

#skills

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30 166 views

What are the most important skills for your employees to possess?

What do you value most in terms of skills when looking for a new hire? Do you want a person with a ton of experience in a specific area, or do you consider a person who has experience in something for a fairly long period of time, even if it is not specially what you are looking for as...

#job #college #interview #skills #hiringprocess #career #value #experience

Rene M.’s Avatar
Rene M. Nov 22, 2019 191 views
ilya S.’s Avatar
ilya S. Nov 20, 2019 77 views
Lanasia G.’s Avatar
Lanasia G. Nov 08, 2019 86 views
Anahi R G.’s Avatar
Anahi R G. Aug 30, 2019 109 views

How do you challenge and/or track your welding skills?

My name is Anahi, I am 18 years old with 4 (highschool) years of welding experience. I am currently working on getting my certificates. I believe practicing and tracking your skills is very important, but how exactly can you do that? #welding #career #skills...

#weldernation

Johnathan H.’s Avatar
Johnathan H. Aug 21, 2019 108 views
manuel I.’s Avatar
manuel I. Jan 15, 2019 353 views
Edalene J.’s Avatar
Edalene J. Dec 05, 2018 180 views

How do you use your skills you got in college in your current career?

I'm currently enrolled in Job Corps, training to be a Medical Administrative Assistant and I want to know some skills I would need to have in order to be a great MAA. #skills #maa...

#career

Ashly A.’s Avatar
Ashly A. Aug 28, 2018 238 views

Writing Skills

Hey, What are some strategies to take good quality notes? Should I highlight, use sticky-notes, or underline? What are some suggestions? Or what do you do to remember key points while reading?...

#skills

Rachel P.’s Avatar
Rachel P. Aug 15, 2018 179 views

What kind of jobs are available to someone with a degree in Chemistry?

I know there are many opportunities, but I want to be sure that they are specifically in my skill range and I want to know what's out there. #student #skills...

#chemistry

Anthony E.’s Avatar
Anthony E. Jul 28, 2018 183 views

What do I need to know to succeed in the field of Economics?

I'm planning on majoring in Economics and I'm looking for advice on what I need to do to be successful. What topics should I focus on in college and what kind of job/internship positions should I apply for both during and after college? #knowledge #skills #career #job...

#economics

Tee A.’s Avatar
Tee A. Jun 12, 2018 334 views

What is the best way to discover skills to put on resume?

I am currently revamping my resume and I want to add some skills for better search optimization. I was wondering how I can discover skills that will be great for my resume. So far, I have looked at the jobs that I have worked and educational experience and used that for inspiration but I'm...

#job #skills #resume

Joshua R.’s Avatar
Joshua R. May 23, 2018 448 views
Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. May 26, 2018 215 views

What are some unique skills a clinical psychologist would have?

I've heard interpersonal skills, patience, and organization, but it would be nice to learn about something that I wouldn't expect but could definetly help me. #psychology...

#skills

Jenny Z.’s Avatar
Jenny Z. Apr 27, 2018 311 views

How can beginner leaders strengthen their skills and qualities needed for their position?

I am interested on taking leadership roles but I am still not confident enough and lack necessary skills. I want to take on more opportunities and learn to communicate better and be more connected with others. #leader...

#skills

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 372 views

Should I take a certification for my second language in order to stay competitive?

I am bilingual but not incredibly strong at the writing or reading side of the language. I wanted to know if this would be putting me at a disadvantage and if I should take initiative to take a certification to prove my skills. #foreign-languages #careers #internships #evaluating-resumes...

#resume #skills

Christina C.’s Avatar
Christina C. Jan 21, 2018 579 views

Do you have to be a 'math person' or a 'science person' to be successful in STEM?

I understand that most anyone can major most anything if they work hard and are persistent. However, it is clear that some of my peers are much quicker with learning concepts within STEM than I am, or it feels like their minds are just wired to do mental math or calculate or work through...

#choosing-a-major #science #success #stem #skills #mathematics

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 788 views
Nicholas M.’s Avatar
Nicholas M. Jan 16, 2018 215 views

What experience or insight should I have as trying to become a music major?

Currently I am trying to pursue either Music Therapy or Music Education as a major and just wanted to know some basics behind what skills or things I should have prior. #music #musician #college #professional...

#skills