Career Questions tagged Skills

Aaron S.’s Avatar
Aaron S. Feb 01 167 views

What are skills that are necessary but often neglected?

I'm a high school student going into college. I've heard that a lot of important skills are neglected to be taught to be taught in school that are invaluable in any job, like presentation skills. #student #personal-development...

#skills

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30 110 views

What are the most important skills for your employees to possess?

What do you value most in terms of skills when looking for a new hire? Do you want a person with a ton of experience in a specific area, or do you consider a person who has experience in something for a fairly long period of time, even if it is not specially what you are looking for as...

#hiringprocess #skills #college #experience #interview #job #value #career

Rene M.’s Avatar
Rene M. Nov 22, 2019 143 views
ilya S.’s Avatar
ilya S. Nov 20, 2019 54 views
Lanasia G.’s Avatar
Lanasia G. Nov 08, 2019 65 views
Anahi R G.’s Avatar
Anahi R G. Aug 30, 2019 78 views

How do you challenge and/or track your welding skills?

My name is Anahi, I am 18 years old with 4 (highschool) years of welding experience. I am currently working on getting my certificates. I believe practicing and tracking your skills is very important, but how exactly can you do that? #welding #career #skills...

#weldernation

Johnathan H.’s Avatar
Johnathan H. Aug 21, 2019 73 views
manuel I.’s Avatar
manuel I. Jan 15, 2019 304 views
Edalene J.’s Avatar
Edalene J. Dec 05, 2018 142 views

How do you use your skills you got in college in your current career?

I'm currently enrolled in Job Corps, training to be a Medical Administrative Assistant and I want to know some skills I would need to have in order to be a great MAA. #skills #maa...

#career

Ashly A.’s Avatar
Ashly A. Aug 28, 2018 214 views

Writing Skills

Hey, What are some strategies to take good quality notes? Should I highlight, use sticky-notes, or underline? What are some suggestions? Or what do you do to remember key points while reading?...

#skills

Rachel P.’s Avatar
Rachel P. Aug 15, 2018 149 views

What kind of jobs are available to someone with a degree in Chemistry?

I know there are many opportunities, but I want to be sure that they are specifically in my skill range and I want to know what's out there. #student #skills...

#chemistry

Anthony E.’s Avatar
Anthony E. Jul 28, 2018 160 views

What do I need to know to succeed in the field of Economics?

I'm planning on majoring in Economics and I'm looking for advice on what I need to do to be successful. What topics should I focus on in college and what kind of job/internship positions should I apply for both during and after college? #knowledge #skills #career #job...

#economics

Tee A.’s Avatar
Tee A. Jun 12, 2018 307 views

What is the best way to discover skills to put on resume?

I am currently revamping my resume and I want to add some skills for better search optimization. I was wondering how I can discover skills that will be great for my resume. So far, I have looked at the jobs that I have worked and educational experience and used that for inspiration but I'm...

#job #skills #resume

Joshua R.’s Avatar
Joshua R. May 23, 2018 411 views
Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. May 26, 2018 190 views

What are some unique skills a clinical psychologist would have?

I've heard interpersonal skills, patience, and organization, but it would be nice to learn about something that I wouldn't expect but could definetly help me. #psychology...

#skills

Jenny Z.’s Avatar
Jenny Z. Apr 27, 2018 287 views

How can beginner leaders strengthen their skills and qualities needed for their position?

I am interested on taking leadership roles but I am still not confident enough and lack necessary skills. I want to take on more opportunities and learn to communicate better and be more connected with others. #leader...

#skills

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 328 views

Should I take a certification for my second language in order to stay competitive?

I am bilingual but not incredibly strong at the writing or reading side of the language. I wanted to know if this would be putting me at a disadvantage and if I should take initiative to take a certification to prove my skills. #foreign-languages #careers #internships #evaluating-resumes...

#skills #resume

Christina C.’s Avatar
Christina C. Jan 21, 2018 522 views

Do you have to be a 'math person' or a 'science person' to be successful in STEM?

I understand that most anyone can major most anything if they work hard and are persistent. However, it is clear that some of my peers are much quicker with learning concepts within STEM than I am, or it feels like their minds are just wired to do mental math or calculate or work through...

#skills #mathematics #stem #success #choosing-a-major #science

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 735 views

How do you write an outstanding, effective cover letter?

Applying for an internship and was asked to submit a cover letter. What is it and how can you write an effective one? Would really appreciate some examples or guidance. #job #job-search #resume #resume-writing #cover-letters #evaluating-resumes #skills #job-skills #interviewing-skills #career...

#applicant #career-planning #career-path #apply #applying #intern #internship #internships #upcomingintern

Nicholas M.’s Avatar
Nicholas M. Jan 16, 2018 181 views

What experience or insight should I have as trying to become a music major?

Currently I am trying to pursue either Music Therapy or Music Education as a major and just wanted to know some basics behind what skills or things I should have prior. #music #musician #college #professional...

#skills

Martha S.’s Avatar
Martha S. Jan 14, 2018 222 views
Marc Brian M.’s Avatar
Marc Brian M. Jan 10, 2018 291 views

What characteristics/skills are needed in order to be a great nurse?

I want to know this question because I need to know what skills need to be possed in order to be a nurse that is great. #nurse #career...

#skills

Joaquin  P.’s Avatar
Joaquin P. May 18, 2016 571 views

What are some classes I should take in order to increase my knowledge in the law field?

I would like to know what classes I should take when becoming an attorney so that I know what skills I need to improve on. #classes #skills #knowledge #legal #law...

#lawyer

Vivian L.’s Avatar
Vivian L. May 07, 2016 472 views

What skills are compatible with medical care careers?

I want to know what skills I need for a career in medical care. Examples: Organizational skills #career #medicine #careers #skills #college...

#healthcare