Career Questions tagged Pharmacist

Catarina L.’s Avatar
Catarina L. Nov 18 26 views

Pharmacist looking for career options in Nutrition

I did a masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences but always had particular interest in Nutrition research. I enrolled in my degree thinking it would make it possible for me to work in Nutrition, but most of the jobs available are only in community pharmacy. Is there any course or degree that I can do...

#research #science #nutrition #pharmacist

Hannah M.’s Avatar
Hannah M. Sep 18 59 views

How did you decide you wanted to be a doctor? Not a dentist, pharmacist, nurse, or another job in health?

How did you decide you wanted to go to med school and become a doctor? And not become a nurse or dentist, or any other job that has to do with medicine and helping people? #doctor #medical #health #hospital-and-health-care #nurse...

#pharmacist

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jul 27 121 views

What does the outlook for pharmacists look like?

I'm a 2nd year pharmacy student and I currently work at Hy-Vee Pharmacy. I have heard mixed answers for this question. #pharmacy #pharmacist #joboutlook...

#july20

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. Jul 27 86 views

How to respond to connotation of big business with the pharmacy profession?

People often negatively associate the pharmacy profession with big business. We get comments often on prices, availability, etc. However, pharmacist are often just middle men in the process of pharmacutical companies and insurance companies. #bigpharma #bigbusiness #pharmacy #pharmacist...

#negative #july20

Divya S.’s Avatar
Divya S. Jun 28 227 views

To become a pharmacy technician in Texas, are classes or training required, or could I just self-study and take the certification exam?

Hello! I'm interested in becoming a certified pharmacy technician. However, I am also currently pursuing a four-year degree. I'm mostly interested in the pharm tech certification so I can gain experience in the field with the purpose of eventually going to pharmacy school, post-graduation....

#pharmtech #pharmacy #college #pharmacytechnician #medicine #pharmacist

Divya S.’s Avatar
Divya S. Jun 22 174 views

What can I do in my undergrad to gain experience in the pharmacy industry and understand if it's something I'd like to pursue?

I'm currently a biochemistry major possibly on a pre-medical track but genuinely I have very little idea what career I would like to pursue. Being a pharmacist is a job that piques my interest, but I don't know how to gain the experience I need to understand if it's the right industry for me...

#medicine #pharmacy #pharmacist #career

Sarah J.’s Avatar
Sarah J. May 12 134 views

Can I major in health sciences to be a pharmacist at a hospital?

I'm looking to obtain a bachelor's degree in health sciences to go into pharmacy school. Would majoring in health sciences be the best option? #pharmacist #health #pharmaceuticals #college-major #hospital...

#medicine

Essie L.’s Avatar
Essie L. Apr 14 83 views

Do fun and exciting people go into Radiology?

I am interested in going into medicine, but I feel like it is such a long and hard road, I want to make sure that I will have fun! I love helping people and I am ready to work hard. #medicine #healthcare #doctor #pharmacist...

#career

Essie L.’s Avatar
Essie L. Apr 14 104 views

Is Gynecology a fun and cool field?

I am interested in going into medicine, but I feel like it is such a long and hard road, I want to make sure that I will have fun! I love helping people and I am ready to work hard. #medicine #healthcare #pharmacist #health...

#doctor

Brandon B.’s Avatar
Brandon B. Mar 02 144 views

Will college be a good step to take after becoming a Pharm Tech?

#pharmaceuticals Pharmacy Technician is my trade of choice . Pharmacology is the major I'm looking to pursue. #pharmacist...

#pharmacy

Breoni S.’s Avatar
Breoni S. Mar 09 195 views

Is the salary of a Pharmacy Technician enough to obtain a sustainable lifestyle?

I am a twenty-one year old trade student, studying to become pharmacy technician. Some of my hobbies include sewing, embroidering, and drawing. I am very interested in pursuing healthcare , but I also want to pursue the arts industry.#pharmacy #pharmaceuticals #pharmacist #medicine #pharm-tech...

#healthcare

antonio P.’s Avatar
antonio P. Feb 10 134 views

im trying to find out what i have to do to be a pharmacy aide

I am a junior in high school and I do music such as singing and hip hop but I need a back up plan if it doesn't go the way I plan. I just really want to know what it takes to be in in this field of work? what do I need to be aware of? #pharmacy...

#pharmacist

Skyla T.’s Avatar
Skyla T. Jan 27 114 views

What was most challenging about becoming A Pharmacy Technician?

HI my name is Skyla, I"m going to school to be a Pharmacy Technician and I've heard a lot of ups and downs being in that field such as remembering the Medicines names as well as dose age but I've also heard that it is very rewarding when it comes to knowledge about math and knowing some medical...

#medicine #pharmacy #pharmacist

Robert W.’s Avatar
Robert W. Dec 05, 2019 100 views
Robert W.’s Avatar
Robert W. Dec 05, 2019 129 views
Robert W.’s Avatar
Robert W. Dec 05, 2019 119 views
olivia B.’s Avatar
olivia B. Nov 15, 2019 115 views
Khyati P.’s Avatar
Khyati P. Sep 04, 2019 150 views

Premed student career

Hi I am currently a premed student studying biochemistry in NYC to become a pharmacist . I have a few volunteer experiences but not any internships within this field . Where can I search for internships and volunteer opportunities within my field to help improve resume and career within my...

#pharmacy #volunteer #medicine #job #internship #pharmacist

Jasmine W.’s Avatar
Jasmine W. Aug 30, 2019 164 views

What are the Pro's and Con's of being a Pharmacy Technician ?

I am attending trade school and I picked Pharmacy Technician as my trade because I love working in the medical field. I have a passion for helping people and I enjoy what I do. #pharmacy #pharmacist #medicine...

#healthcare