Career Questions tagged Therapists

Gountante B.’s Avatar
Gountante B. Apr 17 111 views

Any tips on job application/résumé?

I'm want to get into Physiotherapy (massage therapy). What should I be putting on my application? Any resources in Minnesota when looking for this work? #physical-therapist #physical-therapy #therapists #physical...

#therapy

xitlali P.’s Avatar
xitlali P. Apr 17 65 views
Sheila C.’s Avatar
Sheila C. Jan 10 100 views

Would a therapist have a therapist to go to if their patients start to affect them?

I know therapists are there to assist people who are depressed, stressed, deal with trauma, etc. but do they get help if they start to feel affected by who they are around. Like I know humans get affected by who they are around, so would a therapist have a therapist, mandatory once a week or...

#therapists #therapy #psychology

Brikiya H.’s Avatar
Brikiya H. Aug 28, 2018 154 views
Makayla G.’s Avatar
Makayla G. Aug 22, 2018 125 views

Should I look into getting my doctorate degree in order to become an occupational therapist even if I plan on working strictly in hospitals?

Over the past year, I have been hearing numerous opinions about whether to get a doctorate degree in order to become a full time occupational therapist even if I am just planning on working in a hospital. #therapists...

#career-path

Elias O.’s Avatar
Elias O. May 05, 2018 246 views
Anais M.’s Avatar
Anais M. Jan 23, 2018 212 views

Is being a therapist a tough job?

I am considering being a therapist....

#therapists

Anais M.’s Avatar
Anais M. Jan 23, 2018 273 views

What type of classes do you have to take in college to become a therapist?

I am asking this question because I am going to begin running start and would love to know what classes I could take to knock off a few years of college that I would have to pay for. #therapists #running-start...

#college-classes

Sue B.’s Avatar
Sue B. Jan 16, 2018 278 views

What are the two most important things to be aware of as I enter the workforce as a master's level professional?

In two years I will be looking for work with a master's degree. I am wondering how to get the best position possible. In social work there are many opportunities. #socialwork #masters-degree #lcsw...

#therapists

Ada D.’s Avatar
Ada D. Jan 12, 2018 260 views

Is the payoff for being a psychologist worth it?

I'm a freshman in high school and clearly have a ways to go before I choose what profession I want to go into. However, helping people and talking them through their problems seems like it would be an incredible job, or at least one I'd want to go into. My first question is: What is the best...

#psychotherapy #therapy #science #psychology #marriage-counselor #clinical-psychology #doctor #therapists

Thaaki S.’s Avatar
Thaaki S. Nov 27, 2017 425 views

Is it possible to branch off into speech and hearing therapy from psychology?

I am considering studying psychology, but is it possible to branch off into forensic psychology or speech and hearing therapy, with a psychology degree and experience as a clinical psychologist? #psychology #therapy #counseling #mental-health #mental-health-care #physical-therapy #therapists...

#counseling-psychology #forensic #forensic-psychology

Katie D.’s Avatar
Katie D. Sep 28, 2017 679 views
Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Sep 02, 2017 280 views

What is the average pay of a Respiratory Therapist?

I have considered going back to school for this program. #college #medicine...

#therapists

royanna H.’s Avatar
royanna H. Sep 01, 2017 316 views

How many years of College do I need to get my PhD?

I want to pursue my career in psychology to become a marriage therapist. #psychology...

#therapists

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. May 09, 2017 624 views
Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Mar 30, 2017 478 views

When conducting a session with a client in therapy or counseling, what are the limits to where you can meet?

I have heard that some therapists/counselors do house calls (please correct me if I am wrong). Does this mean that the client could come to the counselor's home? What are the rules for this? I've also heard that you can't have a social life outside of the office with clients. Does this mean you...

#therapists #counselor

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. Mar 27, 2017 517 views

What is the difference between therapy and counseling?

I always hear and see others referring to marriage counselors or marriage therapists as if they are the same things. No one has ever explained whether the two are the same or two separate occupations. I'd like to be informed so that I know which one I want to pursue more. #psychology #counselor...

#therapists

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017 454 views

What's the difference between a Ph. D and Psy. D?

Is one more valuable than the other in terms of finding a clinical psychologist job or making more money? Is one easier to get than the other? #psychology #clinical-psychology #phd...

#therapists

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017 363 views

How much of an income difference is there between a Master's in Psychology and a Ph D in Psychology?

I'm taking a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and considering graduate school. I'm wondering how much more money someone with a Ph D would make vs. someone with a Masters working as a counsellor/therapist? #psychology #therapy #phd #masters-degree #therapists #family-therapy...

#group-therapy #social-science-phd

Jennifer A.’s Avatar
Jennifer A. Jan 16, 2017 458 views

How do I get experience towards being a Therapist/counseling with only a BA in Psychology?!

I'm saving money for graduate school, I'm about to get my BA this 2017 Spring and I can't find any experience towards my field of study being a licensed professional counselor. #therapy #therapists #counseling-psychology #mental-health-counseling...

#family-therapy

Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Sep 28, 2016 1034 views

How do you set goals to accomplish a long term goal?

I am asking to here other professionals options, I don't want to be closed to learning something new. #entrepreneurship #social-work #law-enforcement #japan #therapists #family-therapy...

#real-estate-agent

Chanel F.’s Avatar
Chanel F. Jun 16, 2016 593 views

What is the most benificial college for a psychology degree? Also, what degree is the most benificial?

I'm trying to choose a degree in psychology. I am not sure if it would be better to get a higher degree and do more schooling or just an average degree with less schoolling. Also, I am not sure what college would be the best for this degree. I've heard a lot of good news with Wisconsin and...

#counselling #therapy #psychiatry #social-work #psychology #mental-health #therapists #counselor

Nathaniel  M.’s Avatar
Nathaniel M. May 24, 2016 393 views

What degree should you get to be a physical therapist? I was thinking masters or doctorate.

I want to own my own business one day to help athletes rehab injuries and allows college students to job shadow there. #physical...

#therapists

Marisa F.’s Avatar
Marisa F. May 18, 2016 513 views

Do you have to pass a state board test to become a physical therapist?

I know I am going to college in Virginia but I grew up in North Carolina. I have no idea what state I would like to settle down and live in. So i am just wondering if I have to take a state board test to practice PT if I ever decide to move in a different state. #therapy #physical...

#therapists

Sinai V.’s Avatar
Sinai V. May 13, 2016 565 views

I am debating on whether to study teaching or psychology. I know that if I put my mind to it I can do which ever one, but how can I come to a conclusion on which major to focus on when I love helping others?

I am a senior in high school and I have always loved helping and putting others before me. With having to help out in the house as well as my siblings, helping is second nature to me and it is something that I excell at. I really want to have a profession in which I could help others with...

#counselling #helping-others #adults #teacher #therapists #women

Dorean A.’s Avatar
Dorean A. May 13, 2016 798 views

What type of work would a person who has a Clinical Psychology Degree be doing?

I am interested in majoring in Psychology but I am not sure if I want to do Psychology, General or a more specific branch such a Growth and Development or Clinical #psychology #clinical-psychology #therapists #social-psychology #child-psychology #school-psychology...

#moral-psychology

Torry A.’s Avatar
Torry A. May 12, 2016 506 views

What is it like being a psychologist, and is it very time consuming?

I am a high senior who wants to become a psychologist to help anyone i can and I love to help people in that way. #psychology...

#therapists