Hello! My name is Emily and I am a current high school student. I'm conducting an interview with any professional in the behavior therapy field for a Foundations in Health Science Class project about careers! I have created a total of some questions that I am curious about in this profession. ?
1. What profession did you choose? Why?
2. How many years of college did you go through?
3. What jobs did you work on before you landed your present professional job?
Gurpreet’s Answer, CareerVillage.org Team
One of my best friends, Roxanna, is a therapist, and I will answer on her behalf.
1. She currently works as MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist). Since she recently graduated, she is still working under a more experienced therapist's license.
2. It took her six-seven years. She spent four years doing her undergraduate degree (this is actually where we met!) and then the rest of the time getting her Master's + mandatory clinical work.
3. She mostly worked retail before landing her current job and dabbled in other therapy roles for her clinical hours