Career Questions tagged Art Therapy

Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. May 02 93 views

How to do an art therapy portfolio?

Hello, my name is Briana and I would like to ask any artists or art therapists of career village: how did you organize your portfolio and what type of work would you recommend including? I imagine it varies program to program, but I was simply curious. Knowing once I do finish with my...

#art #college #art-therapy #firstgeneration #masters #career #portfolio #artist #bachelors #psychology

Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. May 02 80 views

What art therapy programs would you recommend?

Hello there, Briana here! I am a current community college student, planning on graduating later this spring semester and I wanted to ask about any art therapy graduate programs so I may later choose the right school and bachelor's programs for me. I generally know a lot of the programs are...

#art #college-advice #masters #psychology #bachelors #career #art-therapy

Katelyn L.’s Avatar
Katelyn L. Jan 16, 2018 194 views

What Texas Colleges offer the best Pyschology program?

My career goal is to earn a masters in Art Therapy. I am searching for a college that has an excellent Psychology program where I can complete my bachelors. #psychology #college #art-therapy #therapy...

#texas

Katelyn L.’s Avatar
Katelyn L. Jan 16, 2018 204 views

If I want to have a career in art therapy should major in art or psychology?

I am an artist and want to a career in therapy. I am pretty excited to think that I could combine the two and be an art therapist. I don't know whether to major in art with a minor in psychology or major in psychology with a minor in art. #arttherapy #art #art-therapy #psychology...

#college-major #clinical-psychology #college #counseling #therapy

Aubrey H.’s Avatar
Aubrey H. Mar 20, 2018 187 views

I would like help finding scholarships that are not scams.

I have received a good package for college, but am still short of paying for the degree I am pursuing in art therapy.. I am the last of eight kids in my family and I have to pay my way through college. I don't mind spending the time writing essays, etc. but I am finding it difficult to find...

#scholarships #art-therapy

Katelyn L.’s Avatar
Katelyn L. Jan 16, 2018 148 views

I am an artist and want to a career in therapy. I am pretty excited to think that I could combine the two and be an art therapist. I don't know whether to major in art with a minor in psychology or major in psychology with a minor in art....

#art-therapy

Jaden C.’s Avatar
Jaden C. Jul 02, 2016 557 views

how do you become an art therapist?

I want to be an art therapist. I was wondering what types of volunteer work or other things I should do to set myself up for an art therapy career. #psychology #art #therapy #counseling #visual-arts...

#art-therapy

Nora Y.’s Avatar
Nora Y. May 18, 2016 357 views

How could planning to spend some years as a stay-at-home mom affect my career choice?

I know I want to work as a therapist in my future, and I feel that my career would be a very important part of my life. At the same time, I know I also want to have a family, and I'd like to spend at least a few years at home with my children, assuming this is financially feasible for our...

#play-therapy #stay-at-home #parenting #psychology #therapy #art-therapy

Katrina R.’s Avatar
Katrina R. Jun 18, 2015 911 views

What majors would I need to take to become an Art Therapist for teens or kids?

Hi I am a freshman in high school and I was wondering what majors for college I would need to take to be an art therapist for teens and kids. I want to go into therapy and I want to know what to do to get there. #art #majors #therapy #teenagers...

#art-therapy