Career Questions tagged Family

Kisan C.’s Avatar
Kisan C. Jan 17, 2018
Camille N.’s Avatar
Camille N. Jan 17, 2018
bryant B.’s Avatar
bryant B. Jan 16, 2018

What are some important tips for starting a family early in your career?

If you would like to start a family but are fairly new in your career, what would be some actions take to ensure you would be able to accomplish both without affecting each other. Also, how do you decide on where to live with the new family. #family #career #work-life-balance...

#parenting

Patricia S.’s Avatar
Patricia S. Jan 16, 2018

Are there good science schools with family living?

I am a full time student and a single mom. My college is about 45 minutes away and I am struggling trying to find time for everything and still making sure I am with my kids everyday. I am living in a pretty toxic environment and need a place that has family living. Most colleges don't unless I...

#housing #wildlife-biology #parenting #college #family

Tony S.’s Avatar
Tony S. Jan 12, 2018

Is it true that when you become a doctor, you have limited time with your family? If so, how much time do you have to spend with your family?

My family has always encouraged the fact that I want to become a doctor, although they tell me that because of this I´ll have less time to spend time with my family. I'm willing to sacrifice this if it will save others, but have always been curious if it were true. #doctor #medicine #family...

#healthcare

Julia S.’s Avatar
Julia S. Mar 25, 2018

Are there jobs in the Hospitality Management field that don't require working weekends?

I have worked in the Hospitality field for many years. However, the majority of my time worked has taken place on the weekends. I know that I want to have a family, and I don't want to be working on weekends. #family #hospitality #hospitality-management #undecided #need-this-scholarship #broke...

#independently-funding-my-education #help

Joey L.’s Avatar
Joey L. Mar 18, 2018

How can I find a balance in my college decision/choice?

I attend a high school with 300 students total and this makes me jealous of students that attend a bigger high school than mine. Because of this, I would like to go to a farther college and live on campus to experience the full offer of college. However, I am torn because my parents require my...

#highschool #family #college

Karen K.’s Avatar
Karen K. Jan 23, 2018

Do I live life to satisfy myself, or to satisfy my family?

There are family members who choose a career for a child, while there are others who trust their children to choose their own career as long as they are happy. But what happens when a child chooses a career and their family is not satisfied with the choice? And so they don't support or accept...

#career-choice #family #future #happiness

Lilly M.’s Avatar
Lilly M. Jan 17, 2018

Is extra schooling worth the degree?

I have wanted to be a pharmacist my whole life, but am worried about the length of pharmacy school. I want to be able to work and make money, but I also want a family. #pharmacy #family...

Marisol J.’s Avatar
Marisol J. Jan 16, 2018

How do you use time management for school home, work and family?

Working fulltime and going to school taking 2 classes per semester. How do you manage the time between school, work, home and family? Looking for better ways to manage my time with everything so nothing falls short and i am able to still do things with my family and everything else....

#family #time-management

Michael C.’s Avatar
Michael C. Jan 16, 2018

What is the likelihood of working full-time from home as a tax accountant? Should I pursue managerial accounting instead?

I am trying to decide my specialization in accounting to determine the best route to be able to work from home and spend time with my family#accounting #accountant #family...

Destiny  T.’s Avatar
Destiny T. Feb 08, 2017

When did you find your love for sign language?

I am asking this question because I want to understand how other people fell in love with sign language like I did and around the age #classes #family #interpreter #languages #american-sign-language...

#british-sign-language

Dezarae P.’s Avatar
Dezarae P. Sep 01, 2017

Child, Family and School Social Worker

Hey I understand that a child, family and school social worker, work with children and families who are struggling with social and psychological issues at schools, in the home or in their communities. And these environments interact with a wide variety of issues related to children, families...

#family #children #social-work

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Jun 27, 2016

What is the minimum salary you have to get in order to provide for yourself? for a family?

I think that many of us take our homes as guaranteed, especially if our family still supports us. We don't realize how much money they use to support us. So, what is the salary we have to earn in order to live by ourselves? What is the salary we have to earn in order to sustain a family or 2?...

#family #home #hom #money #financial-planninge #career

justice D.’s Avatar
justice D. May 07, 2016

when becoming a nurse practitioner, what is the best degree to get? Would it be better to go above a masters?

I am asking this question because i want to become a nurse and i want to know what would be the best degree to get. #doctor #nurse #healthcare #pediatrics #hospital #hospital-and-health-care...

#family

AnnaEllis V.’s Avatar
AnnaEllis V. Oct 31, 2016

Is it possible to be an OB-GYN and still have a family?

I have always wanted to be a doctor, specifically an OB-GYN but I have also wanted to have a family and raise kids. Is that possible and realistic for me or not? #doctor #career #work-life-balance #family #ob-gyn...

#obsitirican

Christyna P.’s Avatar
Christyna P. Oct 30, 2016

Can a biochemist have time for a family?

Like are the work hours hectic like for doctors or will I have time for life #chemistry #biochemistry...

#family

Jordan W.’s Avatar
Jordan W. Oct 29, 2016

How hard is it to maintain a family life as a pilot

I'm aware that pilots not only have a dangerous job, but a demanding one. How hard is it to maintain a relationship with a spouse, children, and extended family while spending hundreds of hours in the air #aviation #aerospace #family #aircraft #pilots...

#flight

Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Sep 28, 2016

How do you choose the life insurance policy?

I want my family to be taken care of financially,once I have moved forward with my life. #lawyer #japan #investment-banking #family...

#general-insurance

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Jul 04, 2016

Do you have to rely on others?

My parents have provided me with so much all my life and presently, I feel so bad for asking them for help on anything. A semester ago I did not have any money at all in my name and when my friends would want to hang out or if I had an event, I wouldn't go. Since I dorm in college, I also did...

#money #jobs #career #family

Emma H.’s Avatar
Emma H. May 17, 2016

How can I get a need based scholarship

My parents make enough money to pay for my college but I have three younger brothers who are all going to college a couple years after me. How is my family going to be able to afford four colleges all with a couple years, especially if we do not qualify for state scholarships and/or need...

#colleges #scholarship #college #money #family #brother

Kendra L.’s Avatar
Kendra L. May 22, 2016

What are some tips on how to cope with separation anxiety?

I just graduated high school and I will be living on campus at a university in the fall as a college freshman. I am extremely family oriented and I know I will miss having my family around very much. I can already imagine how sad and lonely I will feel without them. Can you give me some tips on...

#college #family #graduate #university

Sinai V.’s Avatar
Sinai V. May 13, 2016

Should I focus more on excelling in my major or taking care of my family?

I was raised to always take care of your family no matter what, but my family members want me to go to college and get a degree that I will be able to use to earn money and have a stable life. I am conflicted on what would be a better choice to make if I ever had to choose between one of these...

#psychology #family #college-major

Pakkapol S.’s Avatar
Pakkapol S. Jun 24, 2015

What do I do to become a better cook

I want to know this because I love to cook and I like to make different food with the ingredients in front of me. I want to cook for my family cause I need to help them when I grow up. So please help me so I wont have to be helpless. Thank you #chef...

#family

Mariah W.’s Avatar
Mariah W. Mar 02, 2015

What education is needed to become a compliance manager?

my school project #family...

#marriage

London H.’s Avatar
London H. Nov 06, 2014

I am wondering what would be a good job to have when you're planning to start a family?

I am asking this question because my teacher wants us to know what job we want to have when we grow up. #fashion #career-paths #family...

#career-exploration

Leslie  V.’s Avatar
Leslie V. Apr 08, 2014

What psychology careers have a consistent schedule?

I don't ever want to have to put my job before my family or my family before my job. #family...

#schedule