Career Questions tagged Social Worker

Samuel M.’s Avatar
Samuel M. Oct 03 24 views
Samuel M.’s Avatar
Samuel M. Oct 03 32 views
Anastasia H.’s Avatar
Anastasia H. Sep 06 26 views

What would a typical work day be like for a social worker?

I'm considering becoming a social worker after high school. #social-work...

#social-worker

christina N.’s Avatar
christina N. Aug 21 53 views

I am in between social work and psychology as a career and I am not sure which to choose because of the pay

I am apart of a big family. I am about to enter my senior year of high school. #career #college #psychology...

#social-worker

Emely A.’s Avatar
Emely A. Apr 30 70 views

What is it like to be a Social worker?

How stressful is your work? Do you plan to stay in this career? What do you think it takes to be become come one? #social-worker #social-work #...

#psychology

Rahsaan L.’s Avatar
Rahsaan L. Jan 20 157 views

what are other ways beside going to school will help me to become a social worker?

right now finances aren't so great fore me to enroll in school at the moment #volunteer...

#social-worker

Caitlin O.’s Avatar
Caitlin O. Aug 04, 2018 178 views

What is the pay-off of being a social worker?

My interest has always been in helping people. Will I get to see that in a career in social work? Will I truly be making a difference in people's lives? #social-work #social-worker...

#social-services

TNyjah M.’s Avatar
TNyjah M. Aug 01, 2018 155 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 197 views

What courses do you need to become a social worker?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#academic-advising #social-work #social-worker #courses #classes

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 233 views

What subjects are needed to become a social worker?

#social-worker #social-work #college-major

Rachel H.’s Avatar
Rachel H. May 22, 2018 188 views

Careers in Social Work

I’m working towards my Masters in SW. What are some careers that involve more therapy and working with families and teens? Even foster families and teens. #social-work #social-worker...

#pyschology

Jennifer C.’s Avatar
Jennifer C. May 20, 2016 603 views

What is the hardest line of work in the Social Work field?

I am asking this question because I will be getting my social work degree once I complete the last course I need. #social-work...

#social-worker

Wasi S.’s Avatar
Wasi S. Jun 24, 2016 803 views

How do you recommend I start my own small business?

I want to start a small scale business and need guidance.. how many workers would be needed for a packaging company? #business #entrepreneurship #social-worker #business-idea #small-business...

#e-business

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 23, 2016 629 views

What type of education do I need to become a counsellor?

Do I need a degree in psychology? Social work? What type of degree do I need for a career in counselling? #psychology #social-work #counselor #counseling #counselling...

#social-worker

Sydnie J.’s Avatar
Sydnie J. May 13, 2016 406 views

How are college courses to become a social worker?

I've been thinking a long time about majoring in social work and minoring in Spanish but I'm a little worried about the class load with my job also. I'm also a little scared if they will judge me for having depression and if that is a hindrance in this field... #social #sociology...

#social-worker #guidance-counselor

Maggie C.’s Avatar
Maggie C. May 12, 2016 489 views

What are some tips/tricks that you have used to improve your social skills/speech skills when dealing with clients/customers? Do you believe experience is best when it comes to improving speech/social skills for a career? Personal practice? Both?

I know social skills are very important when it comes to the career path that I want to follow; however, I am somewhat lacking in social skills. In discussion with a more professional context I have some difficulties, specifically interviews. This question pertains as much to a career as any...

#social-worker #job-skills #social-work #human-resources #skills #social-skills

Jocelyn F.’s Avatar
Jocelyn F. May 05, 2016 420 views

How does one begin a safe house for women and children escaping abusive relationships?

I ultimately plan on starting a safe house, but I need to know more of how. Are there rules and guidelines? Can I expect any kind of financial aid in supporting it? #lawyer #police...

#social-worker

Morrigan M.’s Avatar
Morrigan M. Apr 15, 2016 643 views

How many years of college do you need to complete to become a social worker?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I am interested in becoming a social worker because I want to work with children and give back. Do you need to get your bachelor's and your master's or just your bachelor's? Also what is it like to be a social worker? #social-work #high-school #social-worker...

#sophomore

Erika E.’s Avatar
Erika E. Mar 03, 2016 738 views

How do I know if I am emotionally stable to be a Child Social Worker?

I know with this job, I will see many cases that could break my heart. I REALLY want to make children's lifestyles better and let them enjoy their childhood as best as they can. What can I do to ensure that I am emotionally stable for this career? #social-work #therapy...

#social-worker

Jhirnelle M.’s Avatar
Jhirnelle M. Mar 01, 2016 560 views

What classes might I take while majoring in social work?

HI, I'm Jhirnelle, and a couple months ago I realized I wanted to be a social worker. I know I want to help children out, and make sure they get the help they need. I want to be able to work with children in foster homes and who are being abused so I can help them be successful and at a stable...

#social-worker #case-worker

Annalee C.’s Avatar
Annalee C. Oct 23, 2015 625 views

what collage classes should I take to get collage credits for a social worker

i would like to get collage credits for my job as a social worker. #social-work #social-worker...

#worker

Nancy R.’s Avatar
Nancy R. May 08, 2015 816 views

Is psychology related to social work?

i cant decide between psychology or social worker. help.. #psychology...

#social-worker

Maya M.’s Avatar
Maya M. Mar 24, 2015 865 views

What is the average pay of an school social worker per year ?

I am asking this question because when I go to college I am considering making sociology my major #student #counselor #professors #social-worker #therapists...

#behavioral-intervention

Yvonne B.’s Avatar
Yvonne B. Mar 24, 2015 605 views

is there a wide field of majors other than psychology and sociology that can lead me to social work?

Im asking this question because as of right now I'm not sure what I want to major in exactly because as of right now I like psychology, sociology,social work and criminology. #psychology #social-work #sociology...

#social-worker