Career Questions tagged Social Services

Caitlin O.’s Avatar
Caitlin O. Aug 04, 2018 217 views

Are the hours put into social work worth the outcome?

After watching videos on the social work profession, it seems that the hours can be rough and there is not a lot of vacation time available and holidays are not always available to take off. Is this a demanding career? And most importantly, is the effect you're having on the lives of others...

#social-work #social-services

Caitlin O.’s Avatar
Caitlin O. Aug 04, 2018 241 views

What is the pay-off of being a social worker?

My interest has always been in helping people. Will I get to see that in a career in social work? Will I truly be making a difference in people's lives? #social-work #social-worker...

#social-services

Alexia C.’s Avatar
Alexia C. Oct 19, 2016 364 views

What resources and services am I able to occupy if I want to major in Social Work?

I would like to know more about this major and the resources that I am able to have through reaching this goal as becoming a social worker for the future. #social-work...

#social-services

Lydia A.’s Avatar
Lydia A. Jun 22, 2017 9453 views

Careers available in prevention of human trafficking?

I am a high school student currently enrolled in collegiate high school working towards my AA. I am very interested in fighting sex trafficking and would be interested to know my options as far as this field goes and what my major should be to be successful on this path, but still have a...

#psychology #sociology #non-profit #social-services #human-resources #career-details #human-trafficking #human-rights #gender-studies

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Apr 26, 2017 5218 views

Master's in Public Administration vs Master's in Social Work

I plan to get my bachelor's degree in social work with a focus on community organization and nonprofit managment. I want to work with nonprofit programs and government programs in the future, and I would on e day love to start my own nonprofit organization. Would it be more beneficial for me to...

#social-work #social-services #nonprofits #public-service #public-administration #nonprofit-management

Ana T.’s Avatar
Ana T. Jan 04, 2017 696 views

what can I major in if I want to work for a non-profit

I am interested in working for an organization, something like Rapha Hous which deals with the rehabilitation of young girls that have been trafficked, or Playing for Change which teaches music to children in different parts of the world; mostly dealing with underdeveloped or developing...

#career-path #social-services #working-abroad #college-majors #helping-others

Jennifer M.’s Avatar
Jennifer M. Dec 17, 2016 591 views

I do not know what I want to pursue in college. I know I want to help people, what careers can I go in?

I'm a 17 year old senior, currently I am thinking of becoming a dentist but before that I wanted to pursue pharmaceuticals. I've been hopping around from career the career, but as I am applying to colleges I need to make up my mind. Please help me. #business #medicine #nursing...

#social-work #social-services #pharmacy #dentistry #registered-nurses

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Dec 07, 2016 977 views

What does a first job represent?

I'm a high school senior looking for a part time position as my first job. Should a first job like this be focused on whatever is available, or should it connect to the career I want to pursue in the future. For context, I want to work as a macro social worker in the future, but there are few...

#social-work #social-services #retail #job-search #career

Desiree G.’s Avatar
Desiree G. Nov 18, 2016 521 views

What are good volunteering ideas if I want to major in Social Work?

I plan on transferring from my community college to UT and would like to have some volunteering experience under my belt. #social-work...

#social-services

Gregory R.’s Avatar
Gregory R. Nov 15, 2016 596 views

What is the difference between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?

I'm interested in these fields, but I just want to know which is which. #social-work #social-services...

#social-justice

Matt W.’s Avatar
Matt W. Oct 23, 2016 442 views
Maggie C.’s Avatar
Maggie C. May 12, 2016 502 views
Alexander B.’s Avatar
Alexander B. Mar 25, 2015 1097 views

I want to pursue my masters in public health

Hi guys. I will soon obtain my bachelors degree in Human services and I am planning of going for my Masters in Public Health! I believe both of these fields are similar in a way. My question is, would I be able to go straight into a Public Health Masters program with an undergrad in Human...

#social-work #social-services #human-resources #public-health

CareerVillage ’s Avatar
CareerVillage . Jan 02, 2012 1586 views

What is the career path to a career in social services?

I'm interested in social work and social services. I'm wondering how people decide to go into social work and what the career path is like? #social-work...

#social-services