Career Questions tagged Social Services

Jordan’s Avatar
Jordan Jun 26 175 views

I wanna help the foster system

I wanna help the foster system and maybe become a social worker for homes and to make sure foster homes are more safer and better since the no more abortion law has been made most people will depend on foster cares and the system is messed up how do I start a path into becoming a social worker...

Lanayjah’s Avatar
Lanayjah May 26, 2021 504 views

How much do social workers make a year?

I'm a future social worker. # #social-services #social-worker #social-work

Lanayjah’s Avatar
Lanayjah May 24, 2021 282 views

what are the biggest strengths in the role of a social worker?

I am a future psychologist who wants to go to school for social work . #social-worker #social-services

Coleton John’s Avatar
Coleton John Mar 23, 2021 246 views

I cannot decide what to do to school for art or social work

I am pretty decent in social studies and English/Laguage arts I don't like not knowing how to decide on a focus. I seem to be good with people when I'm looked up to. But I like art to communicate my emotional inner world. Lack confidence for sure. Negative thinker. Gives more of self....

Bailey’s Avatar
Bailey Jan 22, 2021 873 views

What is the average starting pay of a social worker?

#phycologists #social-services

emily’s Avatar
emily Oct 27, 2020 310 views

What are the steps to becoming a family social worker

#social-worker #social-work #social-services

emily’s Avatar
emily Oct 23, 2020 320 views

What are skills needed to work in Human Services?

#human-resources #social-work #social-services

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jul 23, 2020 195 views

What's it like being a social worker?

#social-services

Sergio’s Avatar
Sergio Mar 02, 2020 1196 views

4. Describe a time when you felt as if you were in physical danger on the job. How did you handle the situation?

#Protective-Services #social-services

Sergio’s Avatar
Sergio Mar 02, 2020 1166 views

2. Describe a time when you had to deal with an assault. How did you handle the situation? Is there anything you would have done differently?

#Protective-services #social-services

Caitlin’s Avatar
Caitlin Aug 04, 2018 443 views

Are the hours put into social work worth the outcome?

After watching videos on the social work profession, it seems that the hours can be rough and there is not a lot of vacation time available and holidays are not always available to take off. Is this a demanding career? And most importantly, is the effect you're having on the lives of others...

Caitlin’s Avatar
Caitlin Aug 04, 2018 491 views

What is the pay-off of being a social worker?

My interest has always been in helping people. Will I get to see that in a career in social work? Will I truly be making a difference in people's lives? #social-work #social-worker #social-services

Lydia’s Avatar
Lydia Jun 22, 2017 13492 views

Careers available in prevention of human trafficking?

I am a high school student currently enrolled in collegiate high school working towards my AA. I am very interested in fighting sex trafficking and would be interested to know my options as far as this field goes and what my major should be to be successful on this path, but still have a...

Deana’s Avatar
Deana Apr 26, 2017 7721 views

Master's in Public Administration vs Master's in Social Work

I plan to get my bachelor's degree in social work with a focus on community organization and nonprofit managment. I want to work with nonprofit programs and government programs in the future, and I would on e day love to start my own nonprofit organization. Would it be more beneficial for me to...

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel Jan 29, 2017 653 views

What is the difference between getting a master in counseling psychology and getting a masters in LCSW? What makes the two jobs different?

I am a Psychology major in Queens College. #psychology #social-work #clinical-psychology #psychotherapy #social-services

Ana’s Avatar
Ana Jan 04, 2017 977 views

what can I major in if I want to work for a non-profit

I am interested in working for an organization, something like Rapha Hous which deals with the rehabilitation of young girls that have been trafficked, or Playing for Change which teaches music to children in different parts of the world; mostly dealing with underdeveloped or developing...

Jennifer’s Avatar
Jennifer Dec 17, 2016 764 views

I do not know what I want to pursue in college. I know I want to help people, what careers can I go in?

I'm a 17 year old senior, currently I am thinking of becoming a dentist but before that I wanted to pursue pharmaceuticals. I've been hopping around from career the career, but as I am applying to colleges I need to make up my mind. Please help me. #business #medicine #nursing...

Deana’s Avatar
Deana Dec 07, 2016 1236 views

What does a first job represent?

I'm a high school senior looking for a part time position as my first job. Should a first job like this be focused on whatever is available, or should it connect to the career I want to pursue in the future. For context, I want to work as a macro social worker in the future, but there are few...

Desiree’s Avatar
Desiree Nov 18, 2016 733 views

What are good volunteering ideas if I want to major in Social Work?

I plan on transferring from my community college to UT and would like to have some volunteering experience under my belt. #social-work #social-services

Gregory’s Avatar
Gregory Nov 15, 2016 885 views

What is the difference between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?

I'm interested in these fields, but I just want to know which is which. #social-work #social-services #social-justice

Matt’s Avatar
Matt Oct 23, 2016 611 views

Is UW Madison a good college to attend if I want to be an engineer?

They have very high engineering ranks but I don't know exactly what goes into the ranking #engineering #mechanical-engineering #civil-engineering #computer-engineering #software-engineering #industrial-engineering #social-services

Alexia’s Avatar
Alexia Oct 19, 2016 547 views

What resources and services am I able to occupy if I want to major in Social Work?

I would like to know more about this major and the resources that I am able to have through reaching this goal as becoming a social worker for the future. #social-work #social-services

Maggie’s Avatar
Maggie May 12, 2016 705 views

If one is considering Social Work as a career path, how different is the administrative/managerial paths than the fieldwork/caseworker paths?

Considering my major in Social Work and the specialization I would like. #human-resources #social-work #social-services

Alexander’s Avatar
Alexander Mar 25, 2015 1420 views

I want to pursue my masters in public health

Hi guys. I will soon obtain my bachelors degree in Human services and I am planning of going for my Masters in Public Health! I believe both of these fields are similar in a way. My question is, would I be able to go straight into a Public Health Masters program with an undergrad in Human...

CareerVillage ’s Avatar
CareerVillage Jan 02, 2012 1983 views

What is the career path to a career in social services?

I'm interested in social work and social services. I'm wondering how people decide to go into social work and what the career path is like? #social-work #social-services