Career Questions tagged College Majors

Each college will have a list of different majors to choose from. The college major will determine the requirements needed to graduate with a degree. For more information, please read...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 3627 views

How to list double major on resume?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#career-counseling #college-major #double-major #college-majors #resume #interview

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. Jan 11, 2012 1710 views

How can i be a transport company owner?

How can i be a transport company owner? What subject i should choose in college? #business...

#college-majors

TerrellCodman3 .’s Avatar
TerrellCodman3 . Jan 11, 2012 2341 views
abhishek B.’s Avatar
abhishek B. Apr 30, 2016 433 views

If I want to become a scientist what would you advise?

i am from government high school J B Nagar bengaluru #professional #science #scientist #college #college-major...

#college-majors

ahilandeswari B.’s Avatar
ahilandeswari B. Apr 27, 2016 458 views
Student Voices by CV ..’s Avatar
Student Voices by CV .. Oct 15, 2015 1162 views

Is it common to switch majors in college several times? How many times did you change yours?

This question was asked by a young lady in Southern California who is undecided on her major. She is currently applying to college, but she fears not graduating on time as a product of entering college without a predetermined course of study. #college-major #college-admissions #major #majors...

#college-majors #undecided #choosing-a-major

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Apr 27, 2016 662 views

Do I need a concentration or minor in college to be competitive for jobs?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior interning at CareerVillage. Now that many of my classmates are planning their futures at their chosen colleges, rumors are abounding about the usefulness of concentrations, minors, and even double majors. Do they really help boost your resume,...

#college-majors #college-major #college #choosing-a-major

Anna K.’s Avatar
Anna K. Mar 08, 2016 1567 views

How should I decide if I want to double major, and how should I choose a minor?

Hello everyone! I've heard a lot about major/minor programs, especially as some of my older friends are entering college. The problem is, I'm not really sure what these programs mean. For instance, I've heard a lot about double major (I know someone who doubled in statistics and something...

#college-major #college-minor #double-major #college-majors #majors #college #major #majors-and-minors

Sarah R.’s Avatar
Sarah R. Jun 18, 2015 585 views

Are there any colleges that have known good interior design programs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania specifically or even anywhere else?

I am a ninth grader and I am looking into the interior design career and am looking into colleges that have good programs for this field that are known. It would be helpful if it were in Pittsburgh or even in Pennsylvania but if it's anywhere else it's okay too. I am looking for college or...

#interior-design #interior #design #university #college-majors #college

Laurel N.’s Avatar
Laurel N. Dec 16, 2014 606 views

Would you recommend a 4+1 program, even if the workload could be really harsh?

I have recently been accepted to Tulane University and I am really excited about their 4+1 Public Health program. Although I am really excited about the program, some people have warned me of trying to get my masters in 5 years in a city where the distractions are endless. Any thoughts?...

#medicine #public-health #college-majors #college

Leslie N.’s Avatar
Leslie N. Mar 28, 2014 607 views

Educational Requirements for a Physician's Assistant

What are the educational requirements for a Physician's Assistant? What major(s) should I focus on? #medical #physician...

#college-majors

Jazmine V.’s Avatar
Jazmine V. Mar 26, 2014 11942 views

Do you or have you thought about mashing nutrition and psychology into one career? Has it worked out or do you think it will work out? Why or why not?

I am interested in nutrition's effect on emotional and physical diseases. I want to replace pills and medication as such with nutrition and all natural, super-food diets. I have not heard of a psychologist who, for example, would replace antidepressant pills with cashews, which are natural...

#super-foods #medical-nutrition-therapy #clinical-nutrition #college-majors #clinical-psychology #career #psychology

Prithvi A.’s Avatar
Prithvi A. Mar 05, 2014 18854 views

Should I major in Finance or Economics?

I am currently a junior in High School and I am very interested in working on Wall St. when I grow up, as I have been for a long time. However, with the main majors like Finance, Economics, Accounting, and Business, choosing a major has become difficult. So far, I have narrowed the choices to...

#economics #finance #college-major #college-majors #investment-banker #investment-banking

Prithvi A.’s Avatar
Prithvi A. Mar 04, 2014 1744 views

Are there any "universal majors"?

After years of exploring different career options, it seems like my list is getting longer, not shorter. Are there any majors that I can take in college that really can be applied to many different fields of work? For example, I know a major in Economics can help get you a job in politics....

#jobs #college-major #university #college-minor #college-majors #college #occupation

Doctor Professor Patrick .’s Avatar
Doctor Professor Patrick . Apr 10, 2013 909 views

How can I obtain a career in a CSI lab?

I think I would really like analyzing evidence from crime scenes. #science #college-majors...

#crime

DaneeshaNFTEBxAero .’s Avatar
DaneeshaNFTEBxAero . Dec 01, 2012 2569 views

What are some good colleges that offer journalism majors?

I am an English lover, but I also love writing about my experiences and places I have traveled. So, I have decided to consider majoring in journalism. Any suggestions? #journalism...

#college-majors

TerrellCodman3 .’s Avatar
TerrellCodman3 . Oct 25, 2012 2095 views
TerrellCodman3 .’s Avatar
TerrellCodman3 . Oct 25, 2012 1499 views
MarlaCodman1 .’s Avatar
MarlaCodman1 . Oct 14, 2012 1969 views

what kind of career that doesn't involve blood in medical school?

i'm in highschool and i want to go to medical school. i went to this program at havard where i saw dead people's body parts that are donated and i felts sick. #career-choice...

#college-majors

AaliyaCodman1 .’s Avatar
AaliyaCodman1 . Oct 03, 2012 1182 views

What would a good college be good if I wanted to major in physiology

I really want to learn about the human brain and how it functions and about how it works. I like to understand people better, so I thought this would be the perfect thing to major in #college #career-paths...

#college-majors

Aisha C.’s Avatar
Aisha C. Sep 09, 2012 2911 views

Whats the best schools to go to if you want to become a doctor ?

I'm a sophomore in high school and i really want to be a doctor. Also i want to go to a good school for it. #college #doctor...

#college-majors

AlexisCodman2 .’s Avatar
AlexisCodman2 . Sep 07, 2012 989 views

When im done with College on Psychology will i most likely get a job in a school as a counselor?

im a student in Codman Academy and i'm interested in Psychology so i'm wondering after i get my degree what jobs will be available #psychology...

#college-majors

MaraCodman1 .’s Avatar
MaraCodman1 . Sep 07, 2012 8594 views

What types of classes can you take for forensic science?

i am a sophomore in high school, and when I graduate I want to work in forensic field. #law #education...

#college-majors

CarmelaCodman1 .’s Avatar
CarmelaCodman1 . Sep 07, 2012 1252 views

What if you want to learn more than one major? What should you do?

Hi, my name is Carmela, I'm 15 and a sophomore in high school. I'm the type of person that is interested in a lot of activities. I want to know when i apply for college, if I can learn more than one major. #college #majors...

#college-majors

Rnicole .’s Avatar
Rnicole . May 23, 2012 2642 views

what is the career path to a successful make up artist/ grooming specialist?

I am extreamly interested in make up and the ability to transform the way people look. I already have expirence applying makeup to students for theatrical preformances. I want to know what I would have to study in college, what steps I would have to take once I graduate and about how much it...

#grooming #college-majors #makeup #theatre

Shailah .’s Avatar
Shailah . Apr 27, 2012 7099 views

To become a music producer, should I major or minor in music?

I would like to become a music producer but I do not know how to go about what to do when it comes to a college . Would I major in music or make it as a minor? #music #college-majors...

#artist

DaneeshaNFTEBxAero .’s Avatar
DaneeshaNFTEBxAero . Apr 02, 2012 2946 views

What are the best colleges in New York to study business?

I am a senior in high school, and I want to double major in English and buisness. I want to know what the best colleges are, and the requirements to get into the schools. #business...

#college-majors

TashinaCodman1 .’s Avatar
TashinaCodman1 . Jan 17, 2012 3443 views

What post-secondary school educational requirements are there to become a hair stylist?

[This question was merged from original questions found below] (A) How many courses must you take to become a hair stylist? (B) If you are a hair stylist and you want to take 1 college class is there a possibility for you to work in a job? (C) If you are in a four-year college bachelor's...

#college-majors #stylist

TerrellCodman3 .’s Avatar
TerrellCodman3 . Feb 13, 2012 3831 views

Whats The Pros And Con Of Being A StockBroker OR Just Working In Fiance

Would Like To Know Because I Want To Work In The Busniess Field? #business #accounting #college-majors...

#stock-broker