Career Questions tagged Forensic

Ashley  T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. Sep 01, 2017 289 views

What is a coroner's college journey like?

What schooling must a coroner go through medical school or Ph.D. How should one prepare for it through college? #forensic-pathology #medicine...

#forensic

Trinity C.’s Avatar
Trinity C. Jan 17, 2018 637 views

Would it be better to live in a small town or big city when it comes to forensics?

I’m not sure where I want to live in the future and want to know if I’ll be able to find a stable job anywhere I go. #forensic-science #forensics #forensic...

#chemistry

Jake R.’s Avatar
Jake R. Jan 16, 2018 243 views

What is the advancement potential in the field of Forensic Science? And what is a typical path?

I was accepted into the Forensic Science program at several schools, one being West Virginia University and would like to know what to expect after receiving my college degree. #forensic #college-major #career-choice #westvirginiauniversity #science #college...

#forensic-science

Tierra J.’s Avatar
Tierra J. Jan 16, 2018 257 views
Lei T.’s Avatar
Lei T. Mar 20, 2018 229 views

What would be a typical day for a crime scene analyst?

I'm working on chemistry degree, specifically in the field of forensic science. I''m interested in the subject matter but not sure how to apply myself to it. So, I was wondering about certain career options within that field. #forensic-science #forensic-chemistry #crime-scene-investigation...

#career #forensic #criminal-justice

Lei T.’s Avatar
Lei T. Mar 20, 2018 213 views

What skills would determine whether someone should be a laboratory assistant or a crime scene analyst?

It would be good to know certain determining factors, like job requirements or daily routines, that could help pick which field to go into. #forensic #forensic-science...

#career

Mylene A.’s Avatar
Mylene A. Oct 29, 2016 505 views

To become a Forensic Pathologist, What must I major in?

I want to become a Forensic Pathologist. #forensic #pathologist #pathology...

#forensics

Sarah M.’s Avatar
Sarah M. May 12, 2016 530 views

Is there a large variety and availability of jobs if I have a Forensic and Investigative Sciences degree?

This is the field I plan on studying and I am curious as to what my future would be after attaining my degree. #forensic #forensic-analysis #criminal-investigations...

#forensic-investigation

Trisha W.’s Avatar
Trisha W. Oct 19, 2016 430 views

What education requirements, college degrees, licenses are needed for your career as a Forensic Toxicologist?

I am asking this question because I want to be a Forensic Toxicologist and I want to know how the job actually feels once you have it as a career. #chemistry #forensic #criminal-investigations...

#career

Nathan E.’s Avatar
Nathan E. Jan 15, 2018 266 views

Is there someone here who can tell me the path that they took to become a forensic accountant?

I'm interested in law, but I also enjoy accounting. As such, it seemed a natural step to look into forensic accounting. I'm hoping someone on here would know a bit more about how to become one. #forensic-accounting #forensic #accounting...

#career

Mahalet A.’s Avatar
Mahalet A. Jan 17, 2018 262 views

Is Forensic Sciences considered to be a minor?

I am aiming to study Criminal Justice as a major, but I want to include Forensic Sciences in my studies. Will Forensics be included in Criminal Justice or is it offered as a minor course? #forensic-science #criminal-justice #criminology #college-major #majors-and-minors...

#forensic

Jake R.’s Avatar
Jake R. Jan 16, 2018 231 views

What would be a reasonable salary range to expect if I entered forensic science? What is the long-term potential?

I have applied to several schools for Forensic Science, one is West Virginia University, which has the #1 Forensic program in the country ... its programs partner includes the FBI, in fact, 80% of their graduates are hired by the FBI. And I was accepted to WVU, however, I'm really not aware at...

#college-major #forensic #college-selection #westvirginiauniversity

Ryan F.’s Avatar
Ryan F. May 15, 2016 652 views

Can you describe a day in the life of a forensic scientist?

I am preparing for a career in forensic science. #forensic #scientist #career #science #career...

#career-counseling

Thaaki S.’s Avatar
Thaaki S. Nov 27, 2017 461 views

Is it possible to branch off into speech and hearing therapy from psychology?

I am considering studying psychology, but is it possible to branch off into forensic psychology or speech and hearing therapy, with a psychology degree and experience as a clinical psychologist? #psychology #therapy #counseling #mental-health #mental-health-care #physical-therapy #therapists...

#forensic-psychology #counseling-psychology #forensic

Jada  S.’s Avatar
Jada S. Aug 31, 2017 247 views

What's an authentic major for a forensic anthropologist to take?

I don't know much about being a anthropologist, but bones fascinate me because they evolve from small to big and that's cool. #bones #anthropology...

#forensic

Ryan F.’s Avatar
Ryan F. May 15, 2016 403 views

Aside from security and law enforcement, what careers are available in the private sector for a degree in forensic science?

I am interested in a career in forensic science. All my research of careers, has been in the public sector. #forensic-engineering #forensic #science #career...

isacc Y.’s Avatar
isacc Y. Sep 01, 2017 486 views

How would I apply to become a forensic analyst after I got my degree?

I'm curious as to how I would become a forensic analyst after i got my degree. What I mean is that I'm confused as to where I would go to apply and how I would learn how to do my job. I'm also curious as to whether I'd need to travel long distances to investigate crime scenes....

#law-enforcement #forensic-analysis #crime-scene-investigation #criminal-investigations #forensic

Kayla L.’s Avatar
Kayla L. Sep 01, 2017 285 views

Which academic programs would provide the best social networks to obtain a job in Forensic Psychology

I am currently a psychology major at Towson University and have found that very few schools offer forensic psychology which makes me worry that it will also be difficult to find a job in the field. I am interested in being a forensic psychologist and studying criminal behavior however, I want...

#psychology #forensic

Azandia T.’s Avatar
Azandia T. Feb 21, 2017 402 views
Citlali O.’s Avatar
Citlali O. May 30, 2017 1010 views

What are the best majors to take if aiming to become a forensic pathologist?

I'm trying to plan how to become a forensic pathologist but I'm having some trouble in choosing a major. I understand that a doctorate is needed but the only information that I can find on majors says that a bachelor degree in science is needed. Is there any benefit to certain science majors...

#career-details #forensic-pathology #college-major #forensic #majors

Onyinye I.’s Avatar
Onyinye I. May 23, 2016 742 views

Can I use my BS in Biology when I graduate to work as a forensic tech? If so, what hard and soft skills are required?

I want to work while attending graduate school for Crime Scene Investigation. I am currently taking organic chemistry where I will be learning about the GC mass spectrometer. I also have other laboratory skills I have learned in college. #career #biology #career-counseling #forensic #laboratory...

#lab-technician

khalia B.’s Avatar
khalia B. May 30, 2017 448 views

what are the best colleges offering forensic science programs and are any summer programs that would help me better understand what i would need to do in order to major/study this in college?

When I first started high school, I wanted to become a pediatrician, but as the years went on I became more interested in forensics. I want to pursue forensic science/ criminal science as a career but I don't know where to start. #college #forensic...

#criminal-investigations

Honesty P.’s Avatar
Honesty P. Feb 22, 2017 488 views

what are the different roles/jobs in forensics

i was asking this question so that i can see what i want to do in the field #science #college-major...

#forensic

Azandia T.’s Avatar
Azandia T. Feb 21, 2017 374 views

How long would i have to be in college to get my masters

How long I have to stay to succeed #forensic #forensic-analysis...

#crime-scene-investigation

Azandia T.’s Avatar
Azandia T. Feb 21, 2017 396 views
shirley K.’s Avatar
shirley K. Feb 08, 2017 411 views

what can you do with a forensic degree if you do not manage to get a forensic job?

its really hard to get forensic related jobs die to the closure of the Birmingham forensic services and most forensic jobs require experience of which the majority of university leavers will not have. #forensic #recruiting...

#recruitment

Richard M.’s Avatar
Richard M. Dec 07, 2016 463 views

What traits do I need to improve to be an Forensic Science Technicians

I'm a sophomore in high school and i really want to be an Forensic Science Technician but I don't what character traits I need to improve to be onw #forensic #forensic-scientist...

#csi

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Nov 14, 2016 472 views

I am pursuing a major in Public Health for my undergraduate degree, however I am also interested in becoming a forensic scientists. How could I pursue this?

I have been interested in forensics for a while, however I have decided to pursue a public health major for my undergraduate degree due to my interest in public health as well. I am wondering if there are any recommendations for becoming a forensic scientist from a public health bachelors...

#forensic-analysis #forensic #forensic-pathology

nyeri W.’s Avatar
nyeri W. Nov 02, 2016 658 views

What does a typical day as a Forensic Technician look like ? and Do they offer full-time and part-time or just Full time?

This is the profession I wish to pursue and I need as much accurate information as possible. I am doing a project and need to be able to explain a typical day in this field. (bio or chemi) #science...

#forensic