Career Questions tagged Music Industry

Kevin C.’s Avatar
Kevin C. yesterday

Could my career be used in Hollywood?

I like to make music and write. The Hollywood scene would be a cool place to work and maybe make music for movies and write scripts. #scripts #music #acting...

#music-industry

Bryan G.’s Avatar
Bryan G. Sep 16

is it fun to play hard songs

I really like music it is one of my favorite hobbies and it would be really educational to learn hard songs#MusicArtist #music-production #singer #music-industry...

Genaro G.’s Avatar
Genaro G. Sep 08

What are the steps I would need to take to be directed in the right path to becoming a singer and writer?

I am a very eagar learner who for the most part is very independent in the work I do. I have studied music and grown around it all my life. It is a passion and dream for me to create and sing music for the world. #music #music-industry #musician #singer Another passion I have is for writing, I...

#writing #publishing

curtis G.’s Avatar
curtis G. Apr 22

how do you find a job that you want

I want to be a music artist what job would help me #artist #musician...

#music-industry

christin J.’s Avatar
christin J. Mar 25
Brenna M.’s Avatar
Brenna M. Mar 10

Are there any opportunities you wish you took but never did?

I am having a dilemma about whether or not to pursue music. I LOVE making music but I also am.. nervous.. about pursuing solely music. I have a great opportunity to do so, and I don't want to regret not taking it. #music #musician #music-industry #regrets...

#opportunities

Paulanthony F.’s Avatar
Paulanthony F. Dec 14, 2018

Can music be a good career path for me?

I've been interested in music in one way or another as long as I can remember. I love listening to hip-hop, jazz, rnb, etc. as well as I love playing it. My dad is the one who introduced music to me early in life. He would always play the bass and drums. I have my share in a few instruments...

#musician #music #music-industry #music-production #singer

Samuel G.’s Avatar
Samuel G. Oct 19, 2018

Is Having a Degree in Music Composition extremely important for Game Design?

Unfortunately, my college does not currently have a degree program for Music Composition and Production (to my knowledge) for accompanying a game design major; however, with so many online resources and possibilities for learning music, I would like to know how important it is. Also, if there...

#gamedesign #music #music-industry #music-production #musician #indiecomposer #composer #singer

Kai Doh H.’s Avatar
Kai Doh H. Aug 23, 2018
Brenna M.’s Avatar
Brenna M. Aug 14, 2018

I have auditions for music schools in February, how do I best prepare with the volume of things to learn?

I have to prepare 4 pieces, scales (major, minor, chromatic), and an etude. #college #college-selection #music #music-performance...

#music-industry

Shaunice I.’s Avatar
Shaunice I. Aug 10, 2018

I am having a hard time to choose between being a physical therapist and a music? I wanted to know which one would be the best option for me?

I love listening to music and singing and dancing is my passion. But I also enjoy helping injured and ill people. #music-industry #music...

#therapy

kyla H.’s Avatar
kyla H. Jun 27, 2018

what are the steps to be a famous singer??

I've always wanted to be a famous singer but i never know how .#singer #music #recording-arts #music-industry #performance #performing-arts #vocal...

#vocalist

mehika P.’s Avatar
mehika P. Jul 06, 2018

Can I get a job in the music industry with an economics degree?

How likely is it for me to be able to gain employment in the music industry with an economics degree? I figure there are lots of opportunities for that degree to be useful in such a market run industry.. Just wondering! #music #music-industry...

#economics

Beverley S.’s Avatar
Beverley S. May 31, 2018

What are the first steps to making it as a composer or musician?

I intend to double major at Emory with one of the majors being music. I've composed some small ensemble pieces, made a lot of music with Logic, and I've been taking music lessons since I was four. I love it and I want to do it but I'm not sure how to break into the scene. #music #musician...

#music-industry

Abbey B.’s Avatar
Abbey B. May 18, 2018

What "unknown" jobs are there in the classical music industry?

I'm a classical pianist, and I want to be a concert pianist. However, I know competition is tough, so I wanted to know what other options I have in the classical music industry besides the usual suspects (teaching and accompanying). #music #musician #music-industry...

#classical-music

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Apr 29, 2018

I want to be involved with the Music Business but it's always changing

I want to be part of the music business and events. I"m not sure the best way to pursue a lucrative career #spotify or @BusinessMarketing ? #music-industry #business...

#music

Seth D.’s Avatar
Seth D. Apr 26, 2018

As a musician, how do you prepare for a career in the music industry?

The music industry is a vast place, with opportunities in almost every turn. A young musician (such as myself), can easily get overwhelmed with the amount of work available in the world. Personally, I want to be as versatile as possible in the industry, being able to work in any environment to...

#general-career-advice-for-young-people #professional-music #keyboard #music-industry #organist

Olivia K.’s Avatar
Olivia K. Apr 24, 2018

Why is the music industry dominated by males?

I want to be a music producer and as a female I think it'll be hard because the music industry is dominated by males and there's not enough room for females in the industry and you have to do outrages thing to make it and become successful. #music #music-industry #gender-equality...

#career

Jastyn R.’s Avatar
Jastyn R. Apr 17, 2018

How do I get a head start on my music career while still in school?

I'm going to be attending college in the fall to pursue my major in music technology, but I really don't want to wait until I've gotten my degree to make moves in the music industry. What steps/initiatives can I take to give myself a head start in my career while actively working on my degree?...

#music-industry #music-producer #music-production

Jacklyn H.’s Avatar
Jacklyn H. Apr 11, 2018

How hard is it for a woman to succeed in music business? How can I succeed in this industry?

I want to get into the music industry and know how to go about it the right way. #women-in-business #music #music-industry #anything-related-to-music-business...

#music-business

amanda T.’s Avatar
amanda T. Apr 04, 2018

After graduating from college how would one go about getting a job in the music industry?

I am a sophmore but i have a good chance of attending Berklee college of music when i'm a senior however i'm cautious because i'm unaware of how i would put the years of knowledge i receive there into starting my career....

#music-industry

Alicia P.’s Avatar
Alicia P. Mar 10, 2018

I am a High School student and don't know which career i would choose. For one I know people don't take music seriously, because of the jobs. But I love Both!!

Engineering and Music sound GREAT for me, but every time I search "engineering in the music industry" it says audio engineering, for some reason I was hoping something else. What kind of engineering would it fall under if I were to use it to work in the music industry? #civil-engineering...

#music-education #music-industry #music-recording #music-composition #mechanical-engineering #music-producer

Gillian H.’s Avatar
Gillian H. Feb 09, 2018

What are some schools that famous musicians have graduated from?

I would like to know because I'm wondering if there are any schools that just seem to produce people in the...

#music-industry

Juan Carlos M.’s Avatar
Juan Carlos M. Feb 01, 2018

I want to become a guitarist

where can i get the best free guitar lessons? #music #guitar #music-producer #music-industry...

#guitarist