Career Questions tagged Music Industry

Hector’s Avatar
Hector Jan 10 70 views

What are the most vital steps someone should take to prepare to take the career of audio engineering technician?

I am curious what are the most important life steps I should take to prepare myself physically and mentally to be a good audio technical engineer.

Rainer’s Avatar
Rainer Dec 15, 2022 128 views

Is it hard to make connections in music?

how can i monetize my instrumentals?

Kyle’s Avatar
Kyle Dec 13, 2022 135 views

How i do find my way in life?

How do I go about finding my purpose in life? I love music and anything creative but don't much confidence I have what it takes.

Jordan’s Avatar
Jordan Nov 17, 2022 452 views

If my desired career path is that of a music producer or has something to do with the music industry as a whole then... ?

1) What is the best way to manage my time in high school?
2) What are some good internships I should look into in high school?
3) Who should I send my resume and cover letter to?

joseph’s Avatar
joseph Nov 09, 2022 135 views

How to become Rockstar

I wanna be a Rockstar and go on stage and play and make bread, how do i get my music popular enough to get on stage

John’s Avatar
John Oct 31, 2022 160 views

What steps in schooling did you go through to have music production as a career? Did you have a big "breakthrough" and if so was it all luck? How, as a musician, do you stay afloat.

What school(s) did you go to? How did you start your career as a musician.

Madison’s Avatar
Madison Oct 26, 2022 218 views

What are good entry level jobs or opportunities for sound engineers and producers?

I'm a high school senior interested in studying music technology in college. I reside in California right now and am aiming to study in LA, NYC, or Nashville. I'm also open to study abroad opportunities.

Jordan’s Avatar
Jordan Oct 25, 2022 479 views

How did you make a career path in the music industry?

I started producing my own music when I was about 12 or 13 and since then I've learned a lot and wanted to potentially turn it into a full blown career, so I was wondering how people in the industry got to where they were and made good amounts of money.

Claudia’s Avatar
Claudia Oct 04, 2022 199 views

What are the pros and cons of being an independent musician?

I want to be an independent musician and have my own label (unless a really big label wants to sign me so I can get richer) and yeah!

Kemori’s Avatar
Kemori Sep 29, 2022 112 views

How do I promote my music on a level that will help me succeed ?

How do I promote my music on a level that will help me succeed?

Angela’s Avatar
Angela Aug 28, 2022 273 views

Should I do a Music/Psych double major?

Hi! I'm currently in grade 12 and have been wondering a grave amount of what to do. I have been always interested in both psychology and music, and was wondering if a double major in both would be worth it? I'm not exactly sure what career I would want to do or if I even want to pursue one of...

Amur’s Avatar
Amur Aug 26, 2022 143 views

How to be heard?

What's the first step into getting someone to listen.

Mason’s Avatar
Mason Aug 26, 2022 181 views

What are the struggles of a musician

what are the struggles of a musician starting out, is it hard? is it sustainable?

Alexis’s Avatar
Alexis Jul 19, 2022 220 views

What are the steps to become a successful music producer?

Thank you for the advice! I am in highschool

Israel’s Avatar
Israel Jul 01, 2022 177 views

I wanna become a successful independent artist and take my family and friends out the hood.

I love all type of music from Hip Hop to R&B Soul and Drill to Trap.

Rashaan’s Avatar
Rashaan Jun 10, 2022 199 views

What are some of the highs and lows of being a Music Composer/Arranger

What are the best and worst things about this career?

Rashaan’s Avatar
Rashaan Jun 10, 2022 174 views

What can I expect from being a Music Composer/Arranger

What is something that I should that I look forward to heading into this career

Rashaan’s Avatar
Rashaan May 31, 2022 221 views

What do you most and least like about being a music composer/arranger?

What is some advice you would give me about this career before getting started?

Monica’s Avatar
Monica Apr 08, 2022 254 views

Where can I find jobs in music video production, particularly on set? I am looking for an entry level job, production based. Are there any job sites or production companies in the NYC area?

I looked through showbiz jobs, entertainment careers, google jobs, and linkedin and I cant seem to find jobs related to music video production.

Yanna’s Avatar
Yanna Apr 03, 2022 350 views

How do I become a k-pop singer?

I'M SAD BC I CAN'T SPEAK KOREAN AND I WANNA BE A K-POP SO BAD :( I WONDER HOW MY PARENTS WILL SAY THAT I WILL BE A K-POP BUT I NEED SOME TIPS NOW

Kilynn’s Avatar
Kilynn Mar 03, 2022 200 views

Which college would help with music/singing careers?

I love music and singing, I would love to participate in musicals and chorus groups in the future. Music is my passion, I have been in chorus since 3rd grade now im almost a senior in high school, I would love to further enhance and improve my skills. #singer #music-industry #music #singing

Andre’s Avatar
Andre Feb 23, 2022 584 views

What are good singing exercises that will help in the future?

I would like to know just some easy exercises that can help better my voice for the future. #career #music #singer #singing #music-production #music-industry

Niki’s Avatar
Niki Jan 06, 2022 202 views

What can i study with music?

I play clarinet, i dont know what to do with my life but i love music, art, food and cooking and i also like working with peolple #music #art #music-industry

Dakota’s Avatar
Dakota Jan 03, 2022 223 views

How do I play my songs everyday if I don't have a guitar at home?

#music
I am a novice singer/guitar player and I have a very strong passion about music. #singer #music-production #music-industry

Janet’s Avatar
Janet Nov 18, 2021 250 views

How much does a music producer earn

#singer #music-industry #music-production #music #musician

Jenna’s Avatar
Jenna Nov 01, 2021 311 views

What should I be aware of in the future as a musical artist?

#artist #singing #music #music-industry #singer

Aaron’s Avatar
Aaron Oct 26, 2021 258 views

What steps would you recommend I take to prepare to enter Film & Editors

I've been interested in movies and videos and thought about being a Film & Video editor. I've been recently editing and making music, I have a few songs so being a film or video editor is good with music on certain scenes . I want to scale up and be a producer, edit and produced the...

Naomi’s Avatar
Naomi Aug 20, 2021 309 views

What practices help with building motivation for music artists?

So as a singer songwriter who's also going to college, I feel very unmotivated to do music or expand my music expertise even though that's what I'm in college for. I feel like I'm behind even though I've built a platform for myself. I don't know how to refocus my passion when I'm so busy with...

Christian’s Avatar
Christian Aug 06, 2021 296 views

Fastest way to enter music industry?

Self taught motivated music producer #music-production #music-industry #music

n’s Avatar
n Jul 29, 2021 434 views

How did you get hired by a record label?

#music #musicbusiness #music-industry #internship #music-production #recordlabel