Career Questions tagged Editor

Faith E.’s Avatar
Faith E. Aug 03, 2018 356 views

What are some worthwhile minors to pair with communications?

I would like to go into editing, and I am interested in something technical as a minor, potentially applied math or computer sciences. However, I simply have no idea as to whether either will be useful in my field of choice. #minors #communications #publishing #career #editor...

#editing

Madison M.’s Avatar
Madison M. Jan 16, 2018 268 views

Best Way to Become an Editor?

I want to be a novel editor, but my family thinks it's too wild of a career goal and I'll be a "starving artist" simply because I want an English degree. With a major in English and a minor in creative writing, is that a good choice to help me land a job in a publishing company? And does it...

#writing-and-editing #editing #editor

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 428 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

#content-editing #novel #editor #writing-and-editing #copy-editing #editing #books #writing #novels #publishing #copy-editor #book #content-editor

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 396 views

What is a day in the life of an editor like?

My dream career is to be a fiction author, but I know it's not really a financially-stable career, so I've been thinking of being an editor because I really, really love editing writing. I think I have an eye for it since I've always been the one that my peers come to for proofreading and...

#author #editor #writing-and-editing #editing #creative-writing #writer #writers #books #writing #novels #publishing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 401 views

Can you get an internship at a publishing company?

I'm not in college yet, so it might be a little early for me to be asking, but I'd really like to be a copy editor for books and I was wondering if I could get an internship at a publishing company in the future, to scope out the environment and get more experience with the job. Will I have...

#internships #publishing-company #editor #writing-and-editing #copy-editing #editing #internship #creative-writing #interns #books #writing #novels #publishing #novel-writing

Jada H.’s Avatar
Jada H. Jan 17, 2018 431 views

Is there a profession out there that's an equal balance between creative writing/publishing and biomedical science?

I am torn between majoring in English and Biomedical Science/Engineering. I love to write stories and strive to become an editor for a publishing company/fiction author or screenwriter, but I also love genetics and would love to be a genetic engineer and researcher (see the details from my...

#career-path #science-fiction #copy-editing #career-decisions #grant-writing #creative-writing #writing #proposal-writing #biomedical-engineering #fiction #author #english #genetics #editor #screenwriting #communications #multiple-interests #writing-and-editing #biomedical-science #fiction-writing #dual-career #career-choice #news-writing #publishing #technical-writing #creative-non-fiction #double-major

Julia C.’s Avatar
Julia C. Jan 16, 2018 243 views

What is the best route to becoming an editor for a publishing house?

What classes should I take in college? Where should I apply? How do I apply and is there a healthy demand for editorial jobs? #editor #jobs #publishing #careers...

#english

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 08, 2017 374 views

How does one become a book editor?

I love to read, and I have always thought it would be interesting to be a book editor. What sort of background would one need to become one? How does one become an editor for things like scientific journals? Thank you! #editor #college...

#books

Elizabeth P.’s Avatar
Elizabeth P. Sep 01, 2017 301 views

How much does a editor make?

I was just wondering how much a editor makes a year? #thank you #editor...

#editing

Madison B.’s Avatar
Madison B. Sep 01, 2017 615 views

What does being a book editor entail?

I know I want to be incorporated in the book industry. First I thought about being a writer but now I've moved towards editing. Being able to help the books that move so many people and change peoples lives, come to fruition would be amazing. I would want to focus on fiction novels. What I...

#books #editor #career-opportunity-and-preparation

Deanna R.’s Avatar
Deanna R. May 18, 2016 463 views

What business advice do you have for a student pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing?

I am a writer with little talent for business. The publishing industry is a tough one to find entry into and I'm open to advice. #writing #author #editor #creative-writing #agent...

#published

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. May 13, 2016 879 views

What classes should I take to become a writer?

I am a high school senior and I have always been fascinated with writing and how books are so compelling. It is my dream to do what other writers have done and entertain readers with worlds that I create. #college #college-major #journalism #writer...

#editor

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 07, 2017 489 views

How to find summer jobs?

I want to be an Editor and I wanted to get a job as a trainee or second assistant during the summer so I could gain more experience and get to know more people in the industry. But I can't seem to find any job ads in this area. Would it be appropriate to call/e-mail some Post-production houses...

#post-production #editor #summer-jobs #video-editing #motion-pictures

Kayla J.’s Avatar
Kayla J. Aug 16, 2016 1631 views

Would it be better for me to major in Journalism or Mass Communications?

I am asking this question because ever since I was a little girl I always wanted to be a magazine editor; however, lately i have been thinking about pursuing a career in broadcast journalism. Also many people who do end up majoring in Journalism have difficulties finding a job, so would...

#reporter #magazine #editor #journalism #journalist #editing

Samantha K.’s Avatar
Samantha K. May 22, 2016 657 views

I have lots of questions about a career in editing

Throughout my high school career, I've worked as editor of our school's annual literary arts magazine, and I absolutely love it, and it has influenced my desire to pursue editing as a career. I'm looking into editing more broadly in a book editing sense, or in a magazine sense, but I would only...

#english #journalism #editing #editor

Sadie J.’s Avatar
Sadie J. May 20, 2016 460 views
Sadie J.’s Avatar
Sadie J. May 20, 2016 503 views

What are the best steps to take in becoming an editor?

I want to find a job in editing teen books, so I'd like some advice. #editor #publishing...

#company

Kara G.’s Avatar
Kara G. May 13, 2016 444 views

What is a description of the lifestyle and typical workday for an editor at a publishing company?

I want to be an editor, and would love to learn about what it is like to work as an editor for a publishing company. I am aware that many of the major publishing companies are located in New York City, so I am interested in learning more about life as an editor in New York! #english #editing...

#story-editing #editor #english-grammar #text-editing #publishing #lifestyle

Kara G.’s Avatar
Kara G. May 13, 2016 835 views

What steps does it take to become an editor at a publishing company?

One day I want to work as an editor for a publishing company. I have done some research about participating in summer internships during college, but reflections on personal experience are what I'm looking for. I would like to know the details of becoming an editor for a publishing company,...

#publishing #editor #english #english-grammar #editing

naresh M.’s Avatar
naresh M. May 05, 2016 487 views
Sowmiya A.’s Avatar
Sowmiya A. Apr 25, 2016 1103 views

How can I become an Editor at a Newspaper?

I like Narrating Stories ... and i like editing the stories ... so my wish to join as a editor in famous newspaper #journalism #editing #editor...

#newspapers

Sujeid M.’s Avatar
Sujeid M. Apr 13, 2016 741 views

How to land a job as an editor at a magazine?

The reason why I'm asking this is because I love to write and my dream job is to work at a very famous magazine. #editing #editor...

#magazines

naideliz G.’s Avatar
naideliz G. Mar 09, 2016 551 views

What does it take/what do you need to become a video editor?

I´m asking because I´m interested in becoming one. #editor #video...

#video-editor

Luke  N.’s Avatar
Luke N. Oct 14, 2015 647 views

What is it like being in media communications as a career?

I am a sophomore in high school and I am looking at potential careers for my future. Media communications is one that caught my eye and I want to find out more about it from a good source. Media communications seems like it would be an interesting career. Some questions I would like to ask are...

#broadcaster #journalist #editor

Jesus  L.’s Avatar
Jesus L. Feb 25, 2015 3022 views

What is it like being a video editor?

I am a sophomore in high school, and I really enjoy making videos for projects. I always enjoy making bloopers, and using the effects on the program iMovie to make them. I want to try bigger and better programs like Adobe Premiere, where you have a lot of things you could do. I want to know is...

#film-editing #film #video #editor

Madisyn B.’s Avatar
Madisyn B. Dec 08, 2014 879 views

What does it take to make writing into a career?

I am a junior at Boston Collegiate and a part of me has always known I have to be a writer as I get older. I feel like I have a story to tell and without saying it, I will fail myself and everyone. I want to reach people’s hearts using my writing, like so many authors have done for me. Do I...

#author #story #editor #writing #fiction

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Oct 09, 2014 1423 views

What kind of jobs are there working for a food magazine?

I would like to work for a food magazine, but I don't know what kind of jobs there are. Ideally, I'd like to work as a food photographer (if there even is such a thing) or layout editor, but I'd like to know what other jobs there are. #photography #food #editor #magazine #food-styling...

#page-layout

Lindsey  B.’s Avatar
Lindsey B. Oct 09, 2014 648 views

What is it like to work at a magazine?

More specifically the art department, and how photo shoots are created for layouts. #journalism #writing #editor #photoshop #magazine...

#visual-design

Judith C.’s Avatar
Judith C. May 06, 2014 1239 views

Is there anything surprising about your career?

In a student in high school researching different careers that i could possibly pursue in the future. I thought it would be interesting to see what surprised you about your career. #engineer #fashion #journalism #dance #author...

#editor

Ivan S.’s Avatar
Ivan S. Apr 03, 2014 899 views

How much money do writers make?

I like writing, and if any other career doesn't interest me then maybe I major in writing #journalism #writing #author #editor...

#writers