Career Questions tagged Publishing Company

Marin’s Avatar
Marin Mar 06 148 views

Have you ever regretted becoming an author?

I have always wanted to be an author, but I am aware of how many writers give their all into their book and for whatever reason, are unable to get a publishing company to pick it up. Or else it flopped in sales and ended up not making enough money to make it worth printing, much less living...

Jackie’s Avatar
Jackie Sep 28, 2022 130 views

How much money does it take to start up a company?

How much money exactly?

Catherine’s Avatar
Catherine Aug 26, 2019 755 views

What is your personal experience like working in the publishing industry?

Hi, I'm interested in working in the publishing industry, so I really want to hear about the personal experiences of professionals in this industry, especially because I'm not sure which specific department I want to work in (e.g. editorial, marketing, production, sales, publicity, etc). If...

Catherine’s Avatar
Catherine Jan 21, 2018 847 views

Can you get an internship at a publishing company?

I'm not in college yet, so it might be a little early for me to be asking, but I'd really like to be a copy editor for books and I was wondering if I could get an internship at a publishing company in the future, to scope out the environment and get more experience with the job. Will I have...

Livvy’s Avatar
Livvy Jan 16, 2018 680 views

What tips do you have for finding a publishing agent?

Publishing is one of the most important aspects of being an author, and it can be very hard to get your foot in the door. What tips are there for doing so?

#writing #creative-writing #creative-arts #creative #publishing #publishing-company

Sadie’s Avatar
Sadie May 20, 2016 733 views

What is the best major to have to become an editor at a well known publishing company?

This would be helpful in deciding what to major in. #editor #publishing-company