What tips do you have for finding a publishing agent?

3

Publishing is one of the most important aspects of being an author, and it can be very hard to get your foot in the door. What tips are there for doing so?

#writing #creative-writing #creative-arts #creative #publishing #publishing-company

3

s’s Answer

0
I would add to Neal's answer this: in the children's book genre, you may not need an agent.

An alternative, of course, is to self-publish (there are many avenues, including Amazon).
Most self-published works aren't particularly successful (as determined by sales).

A glaring exception is the CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL series.
Of course no one could have predicted that in advance.
I've read some in the series and, although the writing is uneven (because different contributors write differently; the series is essentially compilations), something appealed to readership and the series became wildly successful.

Another self-publishing/self-posting alternative to consider: online sites such as medium.com.
You won't necessarily make much, particularly at 1st, but you'll get exposure.

Best of luck.
0

Neal’s Answer

0

Although finding a publishing agent can seem s daunting task it should not be a deterrent.

Not being published at first may mean that you won't be able to go to s more well known publisher but then again don't let this discourage you .

When I had my book of poems published I did research on the internet until I found s publisher who was willing to take on a new author

I sent the an email. They replied ...gave me the guidelines.

Several weeks later my book was published

It eventually found its way to Amazon then out of print

Neal recommends the following next steps:

• Write your story for the publisher will want a copy.
  • Research what publisher accepts your genre of writing. ( Sci-fi mystery, comical, etc.)
  • Send for guidelines
0