Career Questions tagged Copy Editing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

#novel #books #copy-editor #content-editor #writing-and-editing #book #novels #content-editing #editing #publishing #editor #writing #copy-editing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018

Can you get an internship at a publishing company?

I'm not in college yet, so it might be a little early for me to be asking, but I'd really like to be a copy editor for books and I was wondering if I could get an internship at a publishing company in the future, to scope out the environment and get more experience with the job. Will I have...

#internships #novel-writing #publishing-company #books #writing-and-editing #creative-writing #internship #novels #interns #editing #publishing #editor #writing #copy-editing

Latavis D.’s Avatar
Latavis D. May 05, 2016