Career Questions tagged Copy Editing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 1294 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

writing-and-editing novel content-editing book writing copy-editing editor content-editor publishing copy-editor books editing novels

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 613 views

Can you get an internship at a publishing company?

I'm not in college yet, so it might be a little early for me to be asking, but I'd really like to be a copy editor for books and I was wondering if I could get an internship at a publishing company in the future, to scope out the environment and get more experience with the job. Will I have...

writing-and-editing interns novel-writing writing copy-editing editor internship creative-writing publishing books internships publishing-company editing novels