Career Questions tagged Copy Editing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 1083 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

#copy-editor #book #editing #content-editor #books #publishing #content-editing #writing #novels #novel #writing-and-editing #editor #copy-editing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 496 views

Can you get an internship at a publishing company?

I'm not in college yet, so it might be a little early for me to be asking, but I'd really like to be a copy editor for books and I was wondering if I could get an internship at a publishing company in the future, to scope out the environment and get more experience with the job. Will I have...

#writing-and-editing #editing #interns #novel-writing #books #publishing-company #publishing #editor #writing #creative-writing #novels #internship #internships #copy-editing