Career Questions tagged Fiction

Gabriel S.’s Avatar
Gabriel S. May 28, 2018 314 views

Do you have any advice for a student who wants to be a novelist?

I will be attending NYU this fall and majoring in English and I hope to be a novelist in the future. #english #writing #novelist #fiction #writer...

#author

Jada H.’s Avatar
Jada H. Jan 17, 2018 531 views

Is there a profession out there that's an equal balance between creative writing/publishing and biomedical science?

I am torn between majoring in English and Biomedical Science/Engineering. I love to write stories and strive to become an editor for a publishing company/fiction author or screenwriter, but I also love genetics and would love to be a genetic engineer and researcher (see the details from my...

#dual-career #multiple-interests #science-fiction #genetics #creative-non-fiction #copy-editing #biomedical-science #writing #double-major #writing-and-editing #communications #technical-writing #news-writing #english #editor #grant-writing #screenwriting #career-decisions #author #career-path #biomedical-engineering #fiction-writing #fiction #proposal-writing #career-choice #creative-writing #publishing

Mario B.’s Avatar
Mario B. May 11, 2016 687 views

I want to establish myself as a writer after college. What might be a viable means of getting my work out there, building my name, etc?

I am an English Major. Although I don't expect to make a quick career out of writing, my wish is to write long after my education is done. #teacher #writing #english #writer...

#fiction

Jessie B.’s Avatar
Jessie B. Mar 09, 2016 651 views

Can I create for a living, and could it be a feasible goal?

Throughout my recent teenage years, I've been enthused by many to choose a career that I could live off of. I wanted to create for a living. Wherever I go and tell any higher-ups, they ask, "What would you like to create?" I've never wanted to build things with my bear hands, nor have I been...

#writing #video-games #creation #fiction

Christopher  V.’s Avatar
Christopher V. Mar 23, 2015 889 views

How to become a successful writer?

In want to learn how to become a successful and noticeable writer. Also, knowing what could give me of a better chance to getting published. #author #journalist #fiction #fiction-writing #novel-writer...

#science-fiction

Jazzmin P.’s Avatar
Jazzmin P. Mar 18, 2015 784 views

Is there a specific path, or steps that someone must follow to become a creative writer?

Hi! I am a high school senior who loves history and who never stops writing. I used to strongly want to be a writer, but through the years I was slowly discouraged. However, I reevaluated the career today and it still interest me. Are they any steps or is there a certain path I have to follow...

#writer #writers #fiction #creative #novel-writer

Madisyn B.’s Avatar
Madisyn B. Dec 08, 2014 926 views

What does it take to make writing into a career?

I am a junior at Boston Collegiate and a part of me has always known I have to be a writer as I get older. I feel like I have a story to tell and without saying it, I will fail myself and everyone. I want to reach people’s hearts using my writing, like so many authors have done for me. Do I...

#editor #fiction #story #author #writing

Hamanda .’s Avatar
Hamanda . May 23, 2012 14919 views

What type of classes should i take in college to become a sucessful writer?

I am a high school junior. I have always loved to read, and i love to write poetry. I want to write fiction or fantasy novels when i get older. I just want to know what steps should i do now before i finish highschool to prepare for the classes i should take in college. #writing #reading...

#fantasy #fiction #poetry