Career Questions tagged Fiction

Gabriel S.’s Avatar
Gabriel S. May 28, 2018 373 views

Do you have any advice for a student who wants to be a novelist?

I will be attending NYU this fall and majoring in English and I hope to be a novelist in the future. english writing novelist fiction writer...

author

Jada H.’s Avatar
Jada H. Jan 17, 2018 606 views

Is there a profession out there that's an equal balance between creative writing/publishing and biomedical science?

I am torn between majoring in English and Biomedical Science/Engineering. I love to write stories and strive to become an editor for a publishing company/fiction author or screenwriter, but I also love genetics and would love to be a genetic engineer and researcher (see the details from my...

genetics career-decisions career-path creative-writing career-choice publishing biomedical-engineering science-fiction english proposal-writing fiction-writing biomedical-science copy-editing author writing-and-editing writing double-major news-writing communications creative-non-fiction grant-writing multiple-interests technical-writing fiction editor dual-career screenwriting

Mario B.’s Avatar
Mario B. May 11, 2016 757 views

I want to establish myself as a writer after college. What might be a viable means of getting my work out there, building my name, etc?

I am an English Major. Although I don't expect to make a quick career out of writing, my wish is to write long after my education is done. teacher writing english writer...

fiction

Jessie B.’s Avatar
Jessie B. Mar 09, 2016 735 views

Can I create for a living, and could it be a feasible goal?

Throughout my recent teenage years, I've been enthused by many to choose a career that I could live off of. I wanted to create for a living. Wherever I go and tell any higher-ups, they ask, "What would you like to create?" I've never wanted to build things with my bear hands, nor have I been...

video-games creation writing fiction

Christopher  V.’s Avatar
Christopher V. Mar 23, 2015 959 views

How to become a successful writer?

In want to learn how to become a successful and noticeable writer. Also, knowing what could give me of a better chance to getting published. author journalist fiction fiction-writing novel-writer...

science-fiction

Jazzmin P.’s Avatar
Jazzmin P. Mar 18, 2015 872 views

Is there a specific path, or steps that someone must follow to become a creative writer?

Hi! I am a high school senior who loves history and who never stops writing. I used to strongly want to be a writer, but through the years I was slowly discouraged. However, I reevaluated the career today and it still interest me. Are they any steps or is there a certain path I have to follow...

writer creative novel-writer fiction writers

Madisyn B.’s Avatar
Madisyn B. Dec 08, 2014 1078 views

What does it take to make writing into a career?

I am a junior at Boston Collegiate and a part of me has always known I have to be a writer as I get older. I feel like I have a story to tell and without saying it, I will fail myself and everyone. I want to reach people’s hearts using my writing, like so many authors have done for me. Do I...

fiction story author editor writing

Hamanda .’s Avatar
Hamanda . May 23, 2012 15115 views

What type of classes should i take in college to become a sucessful writer?

I am a high school junior. I have always loved to read, and i love to write poetry. I want to write fiction or fantasy novels when i get older. I just want to know what steps should i do now before i finish highschool to prepare for the classes i should take in college. writing reading...

poetry fiction fantasy