Any advice on getting a book published?

4

I write fiction. My dream is to get published someday. #writing #books #author #fiction #writer #book #published

4

Cindie’s Answer

1
Hi Ashley. I was reading a book this weekend, "Passive Income, Aggressive Retirement: The Secret to Freedom, Flexibility, and Financial Independence (& how to get started!)" by Rachel Richards. One of the passive income streams of income she covers in her book--which I believe she self-published--is publishing a book. I recommend you read her book and then read the book she recommends for getting published, "Published," by Chandler Bolt.

All the best to you!! :)

"God has put a dream inside you. It's yours, and no one else's. It declares your uniqueness. It holds your potential. Only you can birth it. Only you can live it. Not to discover it, take responsibility for it, and act upon it is to negatively affect yourself as well as all those who would benefit from your dream."
John C. Maxwell
1

Vivian’s Answer

1
I second the self-publish option. In fact, Amazon offers self publishing. Also consider joining Facebook groups like YABS - Young Adult Book Stop where authors gather to provide advanced reader copies to people in exchange for a review.
1

Shelette’s Answer

1
Wonderful that you are interested in getting a book published. My advice would be to:

1. Read and study as many books as you can about the publishing industry. There are many free books you can borrow from your local library! You can also get many on Amazon. You might also Google: "How to get a book published."

2. There are typically two (2) main ways to get your book published: The first is by submitting your manuscript to a traditional publishing company that publishes the type of books that you write. The second is by self publishing, which is very popular today. There are many small publishers and press companies that can support first time authors. One that I highly recommend is: https://www.westbowpress.com/en/why-westbow-press.

Blessings,

Shelette
1

Ayesha’s Answer

0
Hi Ashley!
It's great to meet a fellow fiction writing enthusiast here.

It is exciting that you want to get your own book published, and there is some great advice available to you above in that regard.

My suggestion to you is to not wait for writing a whole book before you start looking at the options for getting published. Instead, I would recommend you submit shorter pieces for publication in local outlets such as weekly/monthly magazines, setting up your own blog where you can share your writing with the world to gain following, or monitoring global magazines such as The New Yorker, Boston Review, CRAFT etc. to experiment with the process of getting published and gain valuable feedback on your pieces.

I hope this helps!
0

Dennis’s Answer

0
Ashley just great - Keep writing and writing more ideas more stories - Repetition will help you even sharpen more of your writing skills.
Stay Creative and Good Luck!
0

Kathy’s Answer

0
Check out Gary Vaynerchuk's social media on all platforms and Search "self publishing". He is a best-selling author (among other things) and had to self-publish his first book.
0