Career Questions tagged Book

candice S.’s Avatar
candice S. Apr 07 299 views

can a student get a full-time job?

Very good character with a great personality. Disciplined and respectful. Hard worker and determined. Leader and Team worker. Punctual and prompt. Ambitious and Determined. Hands on and co-operative. Good grammar and communication skills. career business fun sonogram artist fashion...

writer modeling author models book fashion-design

Tea F.’s Avatar
Tea F. Jul 23, 2020 243 views

How did you stay positive when writing about touchy topics?

I have yet to publish any of my writings because of fear of rejects. I find it hard to see my own writing as good or with a good topics. For example, the story I'm currently writing deals with the controversial idea of "Black Self-hatred". I'm also planning on writing about another...

book stories controversial writing july20

Diana M.’s Avatar
Diana M. May 31, 2018 517 views

How hard is it *really* to publish a book?

While I want to be a copyeditor as my *day* job, I've written several novels I would love to publish sometime down the road (after much revision...). Every time I speak about this with someone, though, their immediate answer seems to be, "Ha! Good luck." My questions is... is it really that...

writer novel book creativewriting publish

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 1065 views

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

student-advice english-literature tips advice bad-teachers books reading class english novels surviving-high-school novel high-school-classes survival academic-english classes writing essays help literature bad-classes book essay student

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 1254 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

copy-editing novel copy-editor editing content-editing content-editor writing-and-editing writing books book publishing editor novels

Nicole B.’s Avatar
Nicole B. Jan 19, 2018 425 views

What are tips to avoid distractions?

I am not very socially outgoing, but I have a hard time doing homework and essays when I have a fun book and plenty to read that is not in relation to my classes. I need to find a way to stop reading so much and start focusing on my...

school

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 955 views

How to get your book published

One ultimate goal of mine is to write a novel and have it published. I know this is a very challenging and long process. What is the best way to get your own book published. Should I self-publish or go through a company? writing author publishing publish book...

novel