Career Questions tagged Book

Tea F.’s Avatar
Tea F. Jul 23 66 views

How did you stay positive when writing about touchy topics?

I have yet to publish any of my writings because of fear of rejects. I find it hard to see my own writing as good or with a good topics. For example, the story I'm currently writing deals with the controversial idea of "Black Self-hatred". I'm also planning on writing about another...

#controversial #writing #book #july20 #stories

Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. Mar 28 136 views
Diana M.’s Avatar
Diana M. May 31, 2018 351 views

How hard is it *really* to publish a book?

While I want to be a copyeditor as my *day* job, I've written several novels I would love to publish sometime down the road (after much revision...). Every time I speak about this with someone, though, their immediate answer seems to be, "Ha! Good luck." My questions is... is it really that...

#creativewriting #novel #book #writer #publish

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 591 views

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

#help #writing #high-school-classes #book #student-advice #academic-english #surviving-high-school #survival #student #bad-teachers #reading #books #literature #english-literature #essays #tips #novels #novel #bad-classes #essay #english #classes #advice #class

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 451 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

#copy-editing #books #novels #novel #writing #editor #book #publishing #content-editor #content-editing #editing #copy-editor #writing-and-editing

Nicole B.’s Avatar
Nicole B. Jan 19, 2018 306 views

What are tips to avoid distractions?

I am not very socially outgoing, but I have a hard time doing #homework and #essays when I have a fun #book and plenty to read that is not in relation to my classes. I need to find a way to #stop reading so much and start #focusing on my...

#school

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 801 views

How to get your book published

One ultimate goal of mine is to write a novel and have it published. I know this is a very challenging and long process. What is the best way to get your own book published. Should I self-publish or go through a company? #writing #author #publishing #publish #book...

#novel