Career Questions tagged News Writing

Jada H.’s Avatar
Jada H. Jan 17, 2018 506 views

Is there a profession out there that's an equal balance between creative writing/publishing and biomedical science?

I am torn between majoring in English and Biomedical Science/Engineering. I love to write stories and strive to become an editor for a publishing company/fiction author or screenwriter, but I also love genetics and would love to be a genetic engineer and researcher (see the details from my...

#technical-writing #multiple-interests #communications #grant-writing #proposal-writing #creative-writing #copy-editing #fiction-writing #biomedical-engineering #genetics #dual-career #career-decisions #writing #editor #screenwriting #author #biomedical-science #double-major #fiction #news-writing #science-fiction #career-choice #writing-and-editing #publishing #english #career-path #creative-non-fiction

Alaysia B.’s Avatar
Alaysia B. Mar 28, 2014 1308 views

When working in the career of Journalism, is it as exciting as many people say? Or does the suspense come for certain types of areas of journalism?

I've always wondered what areas of Journalism are more exciting than the others. I mean, Journalism should be fun either way, but I've always wanted to know which ones brought about the most excitement. Which parts of Journalism spark that rush of love for the career? #career #journalism...

#newspaper #working #breaking-news #news-writing

Briana D.’s Avatar
Briana D. Mar 26, 2014 1117 views

how can I become an international journalist like for BBC World News or something similar?

I am writer and I am passionate about world issues. I plan to double major in journalism and audio/recording/studio engineering. Journalism is a career I am deeply considering alongside recording engineering. However, I like discussing world issues, and I like to explore the context of...

#foreign-affairs #news-writing #journalism #world-cultures #international

Alaysia B.’s Avatar
Alaysia B. Mar 26, 2014 2794 views

What does a typical journalist do in an average day?

I would LOVE to know how a typical journalist spends their day. Is it in an office? Or are you out and about researching for new stories to generate to the public? #journalism #careers #life...

#news-writing

Alaysia B.’s Avatar
Alaysia B. Mar 26, 2014 1085 views

What is the Journalism Career like?

I am interested in Journalism and I would like to know how does this whole career pan out for some people? Is it a beneficial career choice or no? #career #career-path #journalism...

#news-writing