Career Questions tagged Communications

Communication ties into every career, as it is the way managers talk to employees. There are even careers who will study communication patterns. Popular careers are public relations specialist, event...

Breezy28 E.’s Avatar
Breezy28 E. Nov 23, 2021 269 views
Kaitlyn T.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn T. Oct 05, 2021 223 views

What are some skills needed to pursue a Business and Communications major (on the more specific spectrum)?

I've been thinking about majoring in this field for quite a while and I think I'm pretty qualified to excel in this field. I've had experience speaking to big crowds formally, I have quite a few connections not only with my peers but some adults who will also be helpful along the way, I think I...

Uma L.’s Avatar
Uma L. Aug 09, 2021 250 views

Where can I get with my plan of individualized study?

I'm transferring from community college to app state next fall. I'm interested in social work, communication studies, and child development (social work is my concentration, not sure which minor/second concentration between communication and child development I should do.) Either way, I have...

Phuong V.’s Avatar
Phuong V. Apr 14, 2021 365 views

How to explore multiple careers before committing?

Similar to college majors, are there ways to explore your options before committing to one? What's the best way to do that? #communications

Jean-Sébatien L.’s Avatar
Jean-Sébatien L. Jan 29, 2021 300 views

Looking for a mentor in the sports industry

I am currently a second year university student in Business Intelligence. My principal fields of interests are communications, analytics and sports management. Thank you #mentoring #sports #marketing #analytics #communications #internship

Jean-Sébatien L.’s Avatar
Jean-Sébatien L. Jan 26, 2021 226 views

How do I make my marks in the sports industry?

I am currently a second year university student in Business Intelligence. My principal fields of interests are communications, analytics and sports management.

Thank you

#sports #analytics #communications

g L.’s Avatar
g L. Oct 21, 2020 351 views

Is a business management class worth it?

Im in eighth grade and I want to be a copywriter (in advertising). Right now applications for high school are open. My local high school offers some good programs and has a lot of departments for kids wanting to pursue a career in business, technology and media arts. I wanted to know if a...

Jinshuang S.’s Avatar
Jinshuang S. Jul 29, 2020 408 views

Is there any possible way to be a in-house translator in England?

I'm an international students and studying in the University of Bristol. I'm currently learning Education in a Master degree, and I will keep study my second master degree in Chinese-English Translation. I would like to develop my career in England as a translator. #masters #communications

Ethan C.’s Avatar
Ethan C. Jul 26, 2020 567 views

Is it better to study journalism/communications or Academic subjects to become a Journalist?

So basically, the dilemma here is that I have recently decided to try to become a journalist, and I was wondering if it would be better to do an academic university degree (e.g. international relations, politics etc.) to build a broad foundation of knowledge and then transition to journalism,...

ALEXUS C.’s Avatar
ALEXUS C. Jul 24, 2020 244 views

What are some key words we can use to find scholarships? #JULY20

I am a Black, first generation woman who is looking for scholarships for current college students. #Communications

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 11, 2020 969 views

Can I work in comms fields (marketing, pr, etc.) with a Bachelor's in neuroscience?

I'm really intrigued with this subject and riveted to learn more to satisfy my curiosity. However, I can't see myself doing either research based or medical based jobs. I'd like to delve into the creative industry such as Marketing, Advertising and Design. Since there are bootcamps and...

grace B.’s Avatar
grace B. Apr 23, 2020 568 views

Would a major in Strategic Communications with a Business minor or a major in Marketing be best for a career in business?

I'm ending my second year in college and am having trouble with my major. I haven't necessarily decided on one yet. I'm deciding if I should do Strategic Communications with a Business minor or apply to the business school and do Marketing. I'm planning on applying no matter what but I would...

Rachael J.’s Avatar
Rachael J. Mar 26, 2020 388 views

What direction should I take, I'm great at comms and work with refugees and LGTBQ seniors

my BA is in International Relations. I have volunteered in 8 refugee camps in Greece with Syrian and Iraqi refugees. This work was perfect because I was in charge of comms state-side and worked on the ground in Greece, accessing needs, mitigating issues, and being surrounded by people and a...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 16, 2019 404 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

kiuyf D.’s Avatar
kiuyf D. Aug 20, 2019 379 views

Why does youtube think it needs more developers when it will die in the next 10 years?

like does youtube really think he can win and influence friends using this method, by the way they are losing customer when they do that because it should be simple but not at the same time
#youtube #computer-science #developers #streaming #communications #business #web-development

Kimberly G.’s Avatar
Kimberly G. Apr 10, 2019 405 views

How do you shadow a career?

I've been looking on how to shadow a business career. I want to go in either marketing or communications for a major and want to shadow someone to see if I would like the job. I live in Los Angeles so I feel like there'd be a lot of business workers near me but I don't know how to contact them....

Rebecca M.’s Avatar
Rebecca M. Oct 08, 2018 372 views

What would be a good language course for students studying Mass Communications / Video Production?

I need to take at least two language courses for my major. I plan on doing camera work as well as video editing after college. What would be a good language course for this major?

#videoproduction #language #videostudies #firstyear #masscommunications #communications
#foreign-languages