Career Questions tagged Communications

Communication ties into every career, as it is the way managers talk to employees. There are even careers who will study communication patterns. Popular careers are public relations specialist, event...

g L.’s Avatar
g L. Sep 09 104 views

What are classes in highschool that can get you a job as a public relations specialist?

I am 13, I'm in 8th grade. I love reading, writing, and rapping. I recently found out about public relations and I've fallen in love with it... Are there any classes I an take in high school that will strengthen my skills in public relations? #marketing #communications #public-relations...

#social-media

Jinshuang S.’s Avatar
Jinshuang S. Jul 29 58 views

Is there any possible way to be a in-house translator in England?

I'm an international students and studying in the University of Bristol. I'm currently learning Education in a Master degree, and I will keep study my second master degree in Chinese-English Translation. I would like to develop my career in England as a translator. #masters...

#communications

Ethan C.’s Avatar
Ethan C. Jul 26 89 views

Is it better to study journalism/communications or Academic subjects to become a Journalist?

So basically, the dilemma here is that I have recently decided to try to become a journalist, and I was wondering if it would be better to do an academic university degree (e.g. international relations, politics etc.) to build a broad foundation of knowledge and then transition to journalism,...

#politics #academicvsvocational #communications #journalism #career #july20 #internationalrelations #reporting

ALEXUS C.’s Avatar
ALEXUS C. Jul 24 58 views

What are some key words we can use to find scholarships? #JULY20

I am a Black, first generation woman who is looking for scholarships for current college students....

#communications

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 11 271 views

Can I work in comms fields (marketing, pr, etc.) with a Bachelor's in neuroscience?

I'm really intrigued with this subject and riveted to learn more to satisfy my curiosity. However, I can't see myself doing either research based or medical based jobs. I'd like to delve into the creative industry such as Marketing, Advertising and Design. Since there are bootcamps and...

#research #neuroscience #communications #marketing #business

grace B.’s Avatar
grace B. Apr 23 254 views

Would a major in Strategic Communications with a Business minor or a major in Marketing be best for a career in business?

I'm ending my second year in college and am having trouble with my major. I haven't necessarily decided on one yet. I'm deciding if I should do Strategic Communications with a Business minor or apply to the business school and do Marketing. I'm planning on applying no matter what but I would...

#college #major #entrepreneur #college-major #communications #marketing #business #stratcomm #career #comm #future

Rachael J.’s Avatar
Rachael J. Mar 26 116 views

What direction should I take, I'm great at comms and work with refugees and LGTBQ seniors

my BA is in International Relations. I have volunteered in 8 refugee camps in Greece with Syrian and Iraqi refugees. This work was perfect because I was in charge of comms state-side and worked on the ground in Greece, accessing needs, mitigating issues, and being surrounded by people and a...

#publicrelations #lgbtq #career #ngo #communications #seniors #refugees

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 16, 2019 143 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

#college #medicine #grad-school #applications #graduate-school #research #sociology #admissions #social-work #communications #psychiatry #psychology #phd

kiuyf D.’s Avatar
kiuyf D. Aug 20, 2019 145 views

Why does youtube think it needs more developers when it will die in the next 10 years?

like does youtube really think he can win and influence friends using this method, by the way they are losing customer when they do that because it should be simple but not at the same time #youtube #computer-science #developers #streaming #communications #business...

#web-development

Kimberly G.’s Avatar
Kimberly G. Apr 10, 2019 211 views

How do you shadow a career?

I've been looking on how to shadow a business career. I want to go in either marketing or communications for a major and want to shadow someone to see if I would like the job. I live in Los Angeles so I feel like there'd be a lot of business workers near me but I don't know how to contact them....

#highschool #communications #marketing #business

Rebecca M.’s Avatar
Rebecca M. Oct 08, 2018 203 views

What would be a good language course for students studying Mass Communications / Video Production?

I need to take at least two language courses for my major. I plan on doing camera work as well as video editing after college. What would be a good language course for this major? #videoproduction #language #videostudies #firstyear #masscommunications #communications...

#foreign-languages

McKay B.’s Avatar
McKay B. Aug 09, 2018 374 views

How difficult is it to become a sportscaster if I am not a professional athlete?

I love to talk sports and would love even more to make money doing it. Is there a way to do this without being a famous athlete? #sports #career #sportscaster...

#communications

Sarina W.’s Avatar
Sarina W. Aug 07, 2018 293 views

What's a good major to pursue if you have an AA degree in Health Sciences General Studies and you enjoy subjects involving English/Writing?

By 18, if I work hard enough, I should have an AA degree in Health Sciences General Studies, though now I'm wondering if I still want to pursue a career focused entirely on health. I've always struggled with math, which as I've found is quite involved in this field, making me reconsider my...

#general #linguistics #healthcareer #professionals #writing #professors #communications #journalism #english #creativewriting #career #liberalarts #debating #health #opentoideas

Faith E.’s Avatar
Faith E. Aug 03, 2018 389 views

What are some worthwhile minors to pair with communications?

I would like to go into editing, and I am interested in something technical as a minor, potentially applied math or computer sciences. However, I simply have no idea as to whether either will be useful in my field of choice. #minors #communications #publishing #career #editor...

#editing

Serion B.’s Avatar
Serion B. May 07, 2018 255 views

What are the steps of becmoing a sucessful sports broadcaster ?

I would like to have a great career ion that field if the NFL does not work out I still would like to have a major hand in the sport #sports-broadcasting #sports #broadcasting #communications...

#media

Serion B.’s Avatar
Serion B. May 07, 2018 297 views

How long should it take to become a sucessful broadcster ?

#media

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 23, 2018 429 views

Is advertising a good major?

Things you can consider for this specific question... Are there many job opportunities in advertising? Is there a lot of room for growth in the field of advertising? If you majored in advertising, are you happy with your choice of major? I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this...

#advertising #communications #design #marketing #business

Eldon L.’s Avatar
Eldon L. Aug 16, 2016 444 views

What's the most memorable moment you had as a sports announcer?

I just want to get more insight on the job of a sports announcer. #sports #communications #media...

#commentator

Brenan B.’s Avatar
Brenan B. Jul 06, 2018 351 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 433 views

How much do communication majors make?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #communications...

#media #pay #salary