Career Questions tagged Communications

Communication ties into every career, as it is the way managers talk to employees. There are even careers who will study communication patterns. Popular careers are public relations specialist, event...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 16

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

#medicine #grad-school #applications #social-work #research #sociology #psychology #psychiatry #communications #phd #admissions #college #graduate-school

kiuyf D.’s Avatar
kiuyf D. Aug 20

Why does youtube think it needs more developers when it will die in the next 10 years?

like does youtube really think he can win and influence friends using this method, by the way they are losing customer when they do that because it should be simple but not at the same time #youtube #computer-science #developers #streaming #communications #business...

#web-development

Kimberly G.’s Avatar
Kimberly G. Apr 10

How do you shadow a career?

I've been looking on how to shadow a business career. I want to go in either marketing or communications for a major and want to shadow someone to see if I would like the job. I live in Los Angeles so I feel like there'd be a lot of business workers near me but I don't know how to contact them....

#marketing #business #communications #highschool

Rebecca M.’s Avatar
Rebecca M. Oct 08, 2018

What would be a good language course for students studying Mass Communications / Video Production?

I need to take at least two language courses for my major. I plan on doing camera work as well as video editing after college. What would be a good language course for this major? #videoproduction #language #videostudies #firstyear #masscommunications #communications...

#foreign-languages

McKay B.’s Avatar
McKay B. Aug 09, 2018

How difficult is it to become a sportscaster if I am not a professional athlete?

I love to talk sports and would love even more to make money doing it. Is there a way to do this without being a famous athlete? #sports #career #sportscaster...

#communications

Sarina W.’s Avatar
Sarina W. Aug 07, 2018

What's a good major to pursue if you have an AA degree in Health Sciences General Studies and you enjoy subjects involving English/Writing?

By 18, if I work hard enough, I should have an AA degree in Health Sciences General Studies, though now I'm wondering if I still want to pursue a career focused entirely on health. I've always struggled with math, which as I've found is quite involved in this field, making me reconsider my...

#opentoideas #general #professionals #debating #writing #professors #journalism #english #linguistics #healthcareer #communications #health #liberalarts #career #creativewriting

Faith E.’s Avatar
Faith E. Aug 03, 2018

What are some worthwhile minors to pair with communications?

I would like to go into editing, and I am interested in something technical as a minor, potentially applied math or computer sciences. However, I simply have no idea as to whether either will be useful in my field of choice. #minors #communications #publishing #career #editor...

#editing

Serion B.’s Avatar
Serion B. May 07, 2018

What are the steps of becmoing a sucessful sports broadcaster ?

I would like to have a great career ion that field if the NFL does not work out I still would like to have a major hand in the sport #sports-broadcasting #sports #broadcasting #communications...

#media

Serion B.’s Avatar
Serion B. May 07, 2018

How long should it take to become a sucessful broadcster ?

#media

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 23, 2018

Is advertising a good major?

Things you can consider for this specific question... Are there many job opportunities in advertising? Is there a lot of room for growth in the field of advertising? If you majored in advertising, are you happy with your choice of major? I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this...

#marketing #communications #design #business #advertising

Eldon L.’s Avatar
Eldon L. Aug 16, 2016

What's the most memorable moment you had as a sports announcer?

I just want to get more insight on the job of a sports announcer. #sports #communications #media...

#commentator

Brenan B.’s Avatar
Brenan B. Jul 06, 2018
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018

How much do communication majors make?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #communications...

#salary #media #pay

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018

Is journalism a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#writing #journalism #english #communications #college-major

Amber T.’s Avatar
Amber T. May 28, 2018

What types of jobs can come from studying Communications?

I’m curious as to what different kinds of jobs can come from studying communications in college. #communications...

Dhani M.’s Avatar
Dhani M. May 13, 2018

What type of careers can you get into with a Mass Comm degree?

I'm trying to get more of an idea of what is out there for incoming freshman at my university. I am a mass comm major and I have received a few questions but they're not pertaining to my concentration within the major. #tennesseestate #masscommunications #hbcus #communications...

#marketing-and-advertising

Jenna K.’s Avatar
Jenna K. May 13, 2018

What requirements are needed for a Public Relations Specialist?

I am a sophomore, but I have already decided that I want to focus on Public Relations / Communications. What requirements are needed in high school or college classes for someone interested in Public Relations? #communications #public-relations #college-prep #career-path...

#requirements

Caroline R.’s Avatar
Caroline R. Sep 01, 2017

What can I do with a communications major?

Communications is a wide major and I would like to know specifically what goes into it and what jobs I can get with it....

#communications

steve V.’s Avatar
steve V. Oct 09, 2016

What types of opportunities do I have as a communications major?

i'm interested in majoring in communications and so far it seems fun to do so. i just wan to know just how many opportunities i might have with a mayor like this. #communications #communication...

#college-major

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Jan 17, 2018

How do I get information on different programs and clubs outside of school?

Recently, I have learned about different programs that are offered to students in my community, that I have never heard of before, until now. With this realization, I'd like to know how to be able to get informed if there are other programs or clubs that I'd be able to participate in. Not only...

#programs #communications #community-outreach #community #nonprofits #clubs #student-activities

Jordan Michael W.’s Avatar
Jordan Michael W. Jan 16, 2018
Chenaniah A.’s Avatar
Chenaniah A. Jan 16, 2018

In college, I plan to study sports broadcast journalism, how easy is it to get a job in that field whrn I graduate?

I love sports and I am pretty good about analyzing games and I know names of athletes in different sports pretty good. My dad is concerned that I am should widen my scope and not focus on that field alone. #sports-media #broadcast-media #sports #media #communications...

#journalism

Courtney L.’s Avatar
Courtney L. Jan 14, 2018

What jobs have you received through mass communication?

I applied to colleges under social work, but I want to change to mass communication. I have always loved media and I want to work in that area. I was wondering what jobs people have obtained through their degree. #masscommunication #degree #media #communications...

Israel L.’s Avatar
Israel L. Jan 13, 2018

What skills do you learn in Film Studies that can help find a career in the television business?

I am 18 years old and I ask this question because I am interested in the movie and television business. My dream is working in FOX, ABC, or NBC. I thought I should take Theater , however I am more on screen shows and movies. #movies #film #communications...

#media

Jessika C.’s Avatar
Jessika C. Apr 11, 2018

What jobs can you do with a degree in communications?

I like talking with people and being able to relay information and also being able to have human contact. #communications #people #human-resources #degree...

Zitlali G.’s Avatar
Zitlali G. Mar 21, 2018
Eldon L.’s Avatar
Eldon L. Aug 16, 2016

Why did you choose a job as a sports announcer?

I want more insight onto why other people are interested in what I am. #sports #sports-media #communications...

#media

Jonathan M.’s Avatar
Jonathan M. Mar 27, 2018

What is the best Communications major to get involved in the making of commercials?

I have been accepted to college for the fall and I am now deciding on my major. I thought it would be Video Production but I don't always want to be behind the camera. What types of communication majors would help me be both a production expert but also a business position -- working on...

#video-production #communications #strategic-communications #college #advertising