In your opinion, what are some good jobs in the communication field?

I am asking this question because I am going to college for Communication studies in general as well as for oragnizational. communications communication communication-skills

Hi D'asia, Here are some jobs: 1. Communications professor 2. Working on a radio show (broadcasting, sales manager, etc.) 3. Law (you can major in almost anything and then go to law school) 4. voice-overs, video design, editing, etc. Vera L.

8

Linda Ivelise’s Answer

Hello!

I graduated with a Communications Degree! Communication is VERY broad. You can definitely do a lot with it. Like Alexandra Capobianco said, you can work in Public Relations, which is a very enjoyable industry, and emerging now Social Media! You can also do corporate companies. They are always looking to hire a communications graduates, due to the fact that organizational communication is what they search for in candidates. Also, if you ever want to go back to school for your Master's you can always branch out to other careers. For example, with a communications degree you can become a marriage counselor, Career Counselor, the options are endless! As for me, I am going back to school for Higher Education. I am studying to become an Academic Adviser. I hope this response helps!
1

Chiquita’s Answer

I currently hold a BA in Communications, and yes it is a very broad field. In my opinion, having a Communications degree provides you with the ability to take on a number of positions. These positions can encompass not only the communications industry, but stretching into nonprofits and public service as well. Communication is key in any business or organization, and having a communications degree is a great way to enter the corporate world. I obtained my degree while working for my current company, but having that degree is what opened me up for a promotion into management. I am currently pursuing a Masters in Organizational Leadership.
Marketing, public relations and advertising are also great fields you can enter with a communications degree, delivering effective written and oral communication to consumers, peers and senior leadership. Communications is the gateway to a number of positions and professions. I would advise that you do some research and find what fits for you.
0

Alexandra’s Answer

There are so many great career options in the communications field! Your opportunities are endless! One of my friends is working in Public Relations with her communication degree. She loves that industry, so she's worked for a few different agencies and corporations to see what she likes best.

Another great position is anything with social media - this is a new, emerging way companies are using to communicate with the public, so there will likely be more need for social media experts in the near future.

0

Terri’s Answer

Project and Network Planning and anything that deals with the latest technology (Voice/Data over IP), etc.. Very good areas to look at.

0

Vijay’s Answer

Soft Skill Trainer

0

Barbara’s Answer

There are so many things you can do with a communications degree. Related roles span every industry: Govt, Hi tech, Pharma, Education, Sales, etc. And the roles themselves can be things like: Speech writing, advertising, policy, marketing, internal communications, social media, org design, change management, technical documentation, grant writing, broadcasting/journalism, etc.!

Even if you don't end up in role directly related to communications, strong communications skills are a must in nearly every field. You need it to successfully navigate business and relationships. You need it to collaborate well and effectively convey your work, results, and ideas.

Do you like to write? Organize information? Bring order to chaos? Are you attentive to detail? Are you creative? Interest & ability in these areas will help you a great deal.

0

Alex’s Answer

Communications might be the best major because you can do anything you want with it. I would recommend minoring in something that you're passionate about or that interests you. I minored in Psychology because I was interested in human behavior. It comes in handy for the job I have today.

I would also recommend trying different industries through internships. If you want to go into event planning, find an events firm and intern with them for a semester/summer. It's a great way to get experience, build your resume and find out what you like and what you don't like.
0