What is the typical day of an event planner like?

4

I am asking this question because I am pplanning to persue my education to become an event planner. #communications #communication #event-planning #communication-skills #event-management

4

Laura Rose’s Answer

2

Every day is different. Building up to each event is a lot of coordinating (emailing, calling, tracking people down). The days before is a lot of set up and making sure everything will be ready and in place. The day of is crazy! Hopefully you have a clear check list of what has to be done, and you continue checking stuff off!

This all depends on what kind of events you're throwing, but that's a pretty basic answer.

Thanks Laura! I really appreciate it. I know it's not going to be all easy but it seems like fun D'asia S.
2

Doug’s Answer

1

Planning, planning, planning. We're either making plans for something we're going to do or amending plans for events we've just completed. A good event planner strives to anticipate those instances that cannot be anticipated. The way to do that is make plans for when the original plans fall apart. Good plans allow the event planner to simply monitor execution when event day arrives, ensuring efficiency and timing.

1

Tiffany’s Answer

1

Every day is different and always challenging. During the planning stages, you're usually in front of your computer or on the phone getting your event ready. When it's the day of the event, that's always the real thrill as all of your hard work leading up to this event pays off. I'm not going to lie but sometimes I sleep with my phone in my hand so I don't miss any phone calls the night before. You want to make sure everything is executed flawlessly but always anticipate the worst happening so you always have a plan.

I usually create my master schedule of things happening every hour so I make sure things are executed in a timely manner. Sometimes situations occur and throw you off track but at least you have your schedule to revert to to get you back on track!

1