Career Questions tagged Event Management

Cosette V.’s Avatar
Cosette V. Oct 25, 2017

How many internships is too many?

I am currently a sophomore in college; advertising major and event management minor. I had my first internship at a small marketing/ad agency last summer and have been working there part time ever since. I'm happy to be working in my industry already and would love to stay with this company...

#marketing #internships #undergrad #event-management #advertising

Katelyn C.’s Avatar
Katelyn C. Sep 01, 2017

What is the best way to get connections in the event management industry?

I am a freshman in college and am majoring in event management. I want to have a successful job one day planning events. I think part of being successful is having the right connections. How would a student begin to make those connections? #event-management #event-planning...

#hospitality-industry

Amelia M.’s Avatar
Amelia M. Feb 08, 2017

What is a day like as an event planner?

I am a senior in high school and have done a lot of research about planning. I was wondering what a breakdown of a day is as an event planner. #business #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events...

#corporate-events

Amelia M.’s Avatar
Amelia M. Feb 08, 2017

To be an event planner, should I work for an event planning business or directly with a certain company that would use my services?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm looking into event planning as a potential career path. I have taken multiple business, marketing, and economics classes, and plan on pursuing something similar in college. Socializing, organization, and problem management are strengths of mine and event...

#event-planning #freelance #business #event-management #corporate-events

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017

As an event planner, how do you go about gaining and keeping customers?

I am a junior in high school, and I am thinking about becoming an event planner. I was wondering how event planners, go about attracting customers and how you keep them coming back. #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner #meeting-planner...

#event-marketing

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017

How long does it take to plan an event?

I am a junior in high school, looking into becoming an event planner. I was wondering how long, on average in takes to plan an event. #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner...

#meeting-planner

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017

What type of events are the hardest to plan and why?

I am a junior in high school, and I have been thinking about becoming an event planner. I was wondering which types of events would be the best to plan and what are the most challenging ones and why? #hospitality #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner...

#event #meeting-planner

Katelyn Y.’s Avatar
Katelyn Y. Jan 26, 2017

What degrees should you get to become an Event Planner?

My sister is attempting to get a career in Event Planning. What degrees should she look to get to pursue the career she wants? A friend told her she should look to get a Communications degree, is this true? How does that help? #communications #communication #event-planning...

#event-management #communication-skills #coordinating-events

Queshanna D.’s Avatar
Queshanna D. Oct 26, 2016

If i go to college and get a bachelors degree will most companies hire me with a bachelors degree or can i go for an higer degree .

I am asking this because I will love to be an event planner and i want to know what would be the best degree to get if i go to college. I am a senior and i am a very hard worker, I am very responsible and I am very reliable....

#event-management

D'asia S.’s Avatar
D'asia S. Oct 19, 2016

What is the typical day of an event planner like?

I am asking this question because I am pplanning to persue my education to become an event planner. #communications #communication #event-planning #communication-skills...

#event-management

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. May 10, 2016

What are the opportunities in Event Management?

How can one become a successful event manager? What do you need to study? #career...

#event-management