Career Questions tagged Event Management

Lamont C.’s Avatar
Lamont C. Nov 05, 2020 175 views

Will there be a collapse in plan A through Z?

Having a back-up plans would get you in a safe way of managing your career planning. planning...

event-management

Cosette V.’s Avatar
Cosette V. Oct 25, 2017 1682 views

How many internships is too many?

I am currently a sophomore in college; advertising major and event management minor. I had my first internship at a small marketing/ad agency last summer and have been working there part time ever since. I'm happy to be working in my industry already and would love to stay with this company...

advertising event-management internships undergrad marketing

Katelyn C.’s Avatar
Katelyn C. Sep 01, 2017 548 views

What is the best way to get connections in the event management industry?

I am a freshman in college and am majoring in event management. I want to have a successful job one day planning events. I think part of being successful is having the right connections. How would a student begin to make those connections? event-management event-planning...

hospitality-industry

Amelia M.’s Avatar
Amelia M. Feb 08, 2017 737 views

What is a day like as an event planner?

I am a senior in high school and have done a lot of research about planning. I was wondering what a breakdown of a day is as an event planner. business event-planning event-management coordinating-events...

corporate-events

Amelia M.’s Avatar
Amelia M. Feb 08, 2017 746 views

To be an event planner, should I work for an event planning business or directly with a certain company that would use my services?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm looking into event planning as a potential career path. I have taken multiple business, marketing, and economics classes, and plan on pursuing something similar in college. Socializing, organization, and problem management are strengths of mine and event...

corporate-events freelance business event-management event-planning

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017 673 views

As an event planner, how do you go about gaining and keeping customers?

I am a junior in high school, and I am thinking about becoming an event planner. I was wondering how event planners, go about attracting customers and how you keep them coming back. event-planning event-management coordinating-events wedding-planner meeting-planner...

event-marketing

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017 2162 views

How long does it take to plan an event?

I am a junior in high school, looking into becoming an event planner. I was wondering how long, on average in takes to plan an event. event-planning event-management coordinating-events wedding-planner...

meeting-planner

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017 1440 views

What type of events are the hardest to plan and why?

I am a junior in high school, and I have been thinking about becoming an event planner. I was wondering which types of events would be the best to plan and what are the most challenging ones and why? hospitality event-planning event-management coordinating-events wedding-planner...

event meeting-planner

Katelyn Y.’s Avatar
Katelyn Y. Jan 26, 2017 940 views

What degrees should you get to become an Event Planner?

My sister is attempting to get a career in Event Planning. What degrees should she look to get to pursue the career she wants? A friend told her she should look to get a Communications degree, is this true? How does that help? communications communication event-planning...

communication-skills event-management coordinating-events

Queshanna D.’s Avatar
Queshanna D. Oct 26, 2016 587 views

If i go to college and get a bachelors degree will most companies hire me with a bachelors degree or can i go for an higer degree .

I am asking this because I will love to be an event planner and i want to know what would be the best degree to get if i go to college. I am a senior and i am a very hard worker, I am very responsible and I am very reliable....

event-management

D'asia S.’s Avatar
D'asia S. Oct 19, 2016 886 views

What is the typical day of an event planner like?

I am asking this question because I am pplanning to persue my education to become an event planner. communications communication event-planning communication-skills...

event-management

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. May 10, 2016 6637 views

What are the opportunities in Event Management?

How can one become a successful event manager? What do you need to study? career...

event-management