Katelyn Y.

211

4

What degrees should you get to become an Event Planner?

My sister is attempting to get a career in Event Planning. What degrees should she look to get to pursue the career she wants?
A friend told her she should look to get a Communications degree, is this true? How does that help? #communications #communication #event-planning #communication-skills #event-management #coordinating-events

Marketing, Business, Public Relations, and Communications are all common degrees. I, however, had a history degree. The most important thing you can do in college is study something you are passionate about. At the end of the day, it is working hard and volunteer/work experience that will help. Are you the event chair of your club? Did you volunteer to run the local animal shelter's walk? These things are really helpful. I have been asked how my history degree helps me every day at work and I say, "I learned the art of learning which is what college is all about." And then I mention I'm really good a Jeopardy. :)

Last updated Apr 12 '17 at 14:12

I would suggest business or marketing (preferably a combination in both) Major and minor. Business will help her unstand basic accounting and business organization which will be helpful to be successful. Marketing will helping with promoting her company or the events she will be planning. Not sure about how communication fits.

Last updated Jan 26 '17 at 19:01

Schools Add a school