29
Asked 20107 views

What's a job I can do if I like to talk to people all the time?

I'm really good at talking to people, and I think I can make people like me when I talk to them. What jobs can I do that make me enough money where I can use my gifts? #communications #communication

29

4

Gustavo’s Answer

One of the jobs that comes to mind is sales. I've know several people with similar interests that have succeeded in sales. Being able to communicate and connect with people is key when doing sales.

4
2

Manraj’s Answer

The list is endless. The important thing to keep in mind is to be happy in your job, as well as continuing to grow your comfort level so you can challenge yourself and learn. A few jobs that come to my mind that my friends have pursued who had a similar question to you include Teaching, Recruiting, Talent Development, and Consulting.

2
1

Kristina’s Answer

Marketing may be a great fit, especially if the role is involved with trade shows and events. Trade shows require you to put together a strategy to engage customers and partners with your brand. And the best part is that you usually get to be front and center to representing your company to this audience. To get started, you can search for companies that hire people to work trade show (ex. brand ambassadors). If you like the setting, you could look at pursuing a degree in Marketing to start your career.

1
1

Will’s Answer

There are multitude of opportunities if you like to talk to people all the time. Sales, marketing, consultation, recruiting, customer service, and IT Support. Believe it or not, it's not all about the talking only but also listening.

When you can harness your communication skill set with any additional background, you are building your own career path. Almost everyone can perform a task or job, but a great communicator is difficult.

1
1

Brett’s Answer

If you're a real "peoples" person, think about business. There is a lot of demand for people who can be personable and be "closers". The most lucrative areas are marketing and sales (especially financial products, see banking and Jordan Belfort types), but it applies to all areas. Managers are also more or less paid just to talk to people day in and day out.

1
1

Hien’s Answer

If you can make people like you when you talk to them, then sales would be a good job for you. Talking is one thing and selling is a different thing. The question is do you like to sell?

1
1

Chelsea’s Answer

Sales! If you like talking to people, and are good at sales, there is a lot of money in store for you. Sales is challenging, however. You will have to meet your quota every month (or quarter, etc). You also are asking people for money, essentially, and you will probably hear "no" more often than "yes"; you need to be able to deal with this rejection everyday and keep moving forward. If you're good at it, though, there is potential to earn a lot of money and climb in the ranks.

1
1

NA’s Answer

In the IT field, we are constantly talking with our employees through the phone, email, chat, or in person. This is a great role for folks who are comfortable speaking with many people and genuinely enjoy helping them by solving their technical issues. You meet many interesting people every day and can gain the satisfaction of being able to help get these folks up and running, to allow them to continue to do their job. You do not necessarily need to dive into the IT field, but any customer service related career would be a good fit for a person who enjoys speaking with a large number of people.

Thank you comment icon I love this explanation. Idowu
1
1

Loni’s Answer

Now this is my kind of question! : )) Hey Samantha, I just like you love to talk to people. I have found my gift of gab to be extremely useful in my career as a Recruiter. It is my job to talk to diverse people from all over the world. I get to learn about their passions and their goals and match them up with career opportunities sharing with them the wonderful things the company I work for has to offer! Just be sure to also be a listener and retain what people share with you!

1
1

Hanleigh’s Answer

Counseling:

It is a great field for talking to people. You are interacting with people in order for them to be able to cope with their own emotions. You are also understanding the psychology of emotions and behavior. You provide a means of support and listening ear for people in need.

Definitely consider!
1
1

Christine’s Answer

If you have an outgoing personality and enjoy being around people, I would definitely recommend that you look into the hospitality industry, which includes several sectors such as restaurants, hotels, airports, and country clubs and more. For each of these sectors, the number one goal is to provide excellent guest/customer service. With your outstanding people skills, you should definitely look into this career path and then work your way into upper management.

1
1

Kari’s Answer

Recruiting came to mind first. You spend a lot of time speaking to people about the company you are working for, their background, their passions and try to find candidates that fit the skills and match the culture of your company. You may like Campus/College Recruiting in particular as it does allow you to travel and speak with even more people. To be a successful Recruiter you will build and maintain relationships with the people you speak with. This will strengthen your network.

In regards to networking, this is also important for Sales which is the second option that came to mind.

Communication is key in any role you take on so it is a great skill to have!

1
0

Simeon’s Answer

I think you would enjoy a job in marketing. You'd get the chance to socialize, network, and communicate your vision to stakeholders. Every company is different, but I'm sure you could find one with a culture that wants you to reach out, socialize, and build connections for the company as well.
0
0

Tushar’s Answer

Sales, PR, Teaching, Consulting, HR, Communications... and lot more...

0
0

Peter’s Answer

Being likable is a very strong trait.

100% of business relationships are built upon people liking you.
Spend your time during college getting to know as many people as you can and building as many relationships as possible.
You are likely to interact with these people later on in life and may form business partnerships with these successful people.

Obviously you still have to work hard, but ultimately, being able to sell your self will give you a huge advantage over everyone else in whatever profession.

0
0

Mara’s Answer

I agree with others who have posted here, the list is endless. If you enjoying writing as well, Public Relations would be a good career to explore. The job requires constant communication with journalists and internal stakeholders. PR leaders create a company's story and tailor it to a variety of audiences. High-energy, efficient communicators are a great fir for PR.

0
0

Kate’s Answer

Recruiting or Sales are the top 2 that come to mind. They are both about creating and maintaining relationships.

0
0