Bria F.

91

3

What type of events are the hardest to plan and why?

I am a junior in high school, and I have been thinking about becoming an event planner. I was wondering which types of events would be the best to plan and what are the most challenging ones and why? #hospitality #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner #meeting-planner #event

Great Questions Bria,

There are several types of events from small group events to large dinner and weddings events. If you have a knack for Event Planning medium size events are perfect and also events where the event planner is in attendance. There is quite a bit of behind the scenes.....The event planner expertise are: Open communication/coordination with the meeting/event planner, Weekly Communication to their staff about up and coming events, ensuring you have the staff to take of your guest, managing your inventory, managing your controllable cost, Then the best part of the event is the day of the event when it all comes together.

Last updated Feb 03 '17 at 19:07

Hi Bria,

Deciding on which events are the best ones to plan will depend on you. I would say get into as many planning committees that you can at school or even for your family events so you can see what interests you the most. I have a big family so I did a lot of birthday parties, graduations, etc. so I learned how to coordinate within my control. I then parlayed this into college and in my sorority where I planned more events. It wasn't until I graduated that I knew hospitality and events is what I wanted to continue in my career. The events that I love the most are the most challenging ones. However, I still love to plan birthday parties to hospitality events for the Olympics.

Last updated Feb 06 '17 at 00:52

Schools Add a school