Nicole M.’s Answer
Many event planners are self-employed. For this career, there are a few steps I would recommend taking:
Nicole M. recommends the following next steps:
- Speak to event planners and find out how they got started in their careers
- Take a few basic business, accounting, and marketing courses to help you prepare your business plan
- Explore a certification, such as those outlined in this article: https://whova.com/blog/event-planning-certificate/
- Build your portfolio. Offer to plan family and friend's events for free. Take lots of good photos so you have proof on what you can do!
- Take on an unpaid internship with an event planner to learn on the job